Sign in to follow this  
Juxa

Vacancy (for Somali speaking litigation assistant)

Juxa   

Salaams guys,

New vacancy has became available for a Somali speaking LLB/LPC/BVC graduate. Experience in litigation is desired but training will be given.

If you know someone please let me know as soon as possible as immediate start is required, salary is negotiable.

war qof shaqo rabtaa london malaga waayay grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/paralegal-with-somali-lanaguage-skills/22239987

NGONGE   

^^ I thought you were already a member of all those "Somali professionals" groups, Juxa! Shouldn't that be your first port of call?

(SOL is not what it used to be dee; it's full of Americans and Kenyans now). :D

Juxa   

I need qof mintid ah:) bal meelaha weydii

Everytime i go to a Somali event i meet loads of LLB graduates shaqo raadinayaan, where are they now?

Ngonge we are getting applications but i need qof experience leh oo sameeyay LPC/BVC

N.O.R.F   

Good luck in finding the right person Juxa.

Out of interest is this for commercial or civil litigation (or are they both the same thing)?

tutu   

NGONGE;891563 wrote:
^^ I thought you were already a member of all those "Somali professionals" groups, Juxa! Shouldn't that be your first port of call?

(SOL is not what it used to be dee; it's full of Americans and Kenyans now).
:D

Oo ma waxaad leedahay there are no Kenyans in the UK oo wax bartay ama with with LLB?. I thought UK's Somali student population consists mainly of Sijuis. Mise geographically ayaad ka hadleysa

I know Americans don't go to school.

Yunis   

^are you sure? cuz in America this type of job is normally handled by a qualified ESL graduate from a community college as a translator

The main duties of the role will include
meeting with clients
at our offices and their homes;
speaking to clients
on the telephone; taking statements;
drafting correspondence
and other documents; general case handling and
marketing to develop our links with the Somali speaking community

tutu   

^^I was being sarcastic there. They too fat for that:). But pursuing further education is quite a hassle in the US compared to Europe.

am i the only person with an LLB/LLM here and who is qualified to do this job? baal ii sheega dee? LOL

JUXA, i've told my sister about the placement and i'm quite she'll get in touch with you ASAP. she's stuck in a pathetic job and earns pittances ruunti. i told her many times go out there and do voluntary work but she didnt heed my advice. i, on the other hand, was a boy scout, TA, samaritian advisor in post-domestic violence situations. god, my CV is so impressive! LOL

NGONGE   

tutu, I meant that half the SOL regulars these days are either in America or are being chased by crazed Kenyans in the streets of Nairobi. We don't have as many Londoners on the site anymore.

Juxa   

Alpha dhagaha iska goysay, i need your sister's email asap! or ask her to call me tomorrow (your sister has actually impressed me a lot and i would love her to have the job)

Despite the job advert i assure you it is impressive and there is massive room to get amazing experience and work on big cases

aaheey