Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

MI5 advert on SOL

Dr_Osman   

25000 in pounds is like 38000 dollars in Australia, how do you survive on such low salaries. I heard that cost of living in the UK isn't cheap either so I can't believe this sort of salary is coming from a government organisation.

I work for a govt organisation in Australia and I can tell you my salary is 70k salary but pension package and all that brings it to 80k and it is considered entry level. It's not high at all.

25k pounds is pathetics even cleaners don't get that here. They are on 25 dollars an hour usually. They are like at the bottom of the scales. PATHETIC SALARY.

Abwaan   

Dr. Osman, you are right, the salary does not match considering the job done, let alone the living cost. So you are in Australia, I thought you were in Garowe. You must be related to Farole then since you are another Ausie.:D

Dr_Osman   

Abwan in Australia...High Income bracket is 200k and above...middle income is from 100-150k....50k-80k is Lower end....Thats how australia works with the income system. Noone gets below 50k even cleaners. Considering alot of aussies go to the uk to work i dont see why if salaries being offered by GOVT organisations are like that. Usually u can tell a society income by checking out the govt income as it always not to high and not to low.

Dr_Osman   

Sxb I converted the 25000 into Australian dollars it is 38000 in our currency. You know that is illegal its not even minimum wage here. I get 1100 a week clear after tax. Thats 715 pounds. Even cleaners get 800 a week clear. Thats 520 pounds. This is an 8 hr workin day 5 days a week job. Lol so id be rich in the uk with that sort of money lol or this ad is not representative of the uk but its a govt organisation which makes quite scary.

I wouldnt have an issue with the money being offered if the cost of living is cheap. U could live like a king with that sort of money in somalia but I know that the uk is very expensive to live so I do not know how you can survive on such income. 25000 your taking 375 pounds a week cleared after tax. Thats 576 dollars in australia and thats illegal its not even minimum wage by law.

Abwaan   

Apophis;889688 wrote:
And who wants to live in Australia for goodness sake?

Australia is the only continent that I actually did not live yet. I wouldn't mind trying.:D

wyre   

I've never been out of africa and asia, but I was to choose somewhere around i'll to live in Norway and Australia seconds it :D

about the paying you are talking, if you have iimaan, wax yarba waa ku deeqaan, my salary 500 dollars a month and I pay rent and send money back home, and i get pocket money :D

Dr_Osman   

Australia has expensive cost of living its like the UK in that respect. But the salaries are far different. Anyways that is below the legal minimum wage and even the legal minimum wage hardly anyone gets paid that. Australia is good for one thing u get paid good and u can save and invest somewhere else. Thats what I am doing as we speak when I go on my holiday this december to source out a few places where I can get a second income stream happening.

AYOUB   

Apophis;889688 wrote:

A Kangaroo.

Somalia

SOL ads reflect your "interests". Someone thinks you're a canary. :) I only get boring cheap flights and calling cards ads.

Rahima   

Apophis;889688 wrote:

The Brits who are clogging up our cities- i don't blame them though.

We don't have the world's most liveable city for nothing folks.