Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Soomaaliya oo Q/M u gudbisay Dacwad ka dhan ah Kenya

NGONGE not everything is as black and white as it seems

President hassan wanted new faces in his government and this lady was just standing out there to be picked, she contesting for the top seat in Somaliland is irrelevant she wasn't forced to be the FM of Somalia. What difference does it make if she was picked or Buubaa was picked the FM would have been some one from Somaliland.

So far the message coming from Mogadishu towards Hargeysa

- We will talk to Somaliland

- We want a healthy union between Somaliland and Somalia

- We dont believe in a forced union

- Somaliland government is the sole representative of the former British Somaliland protectorate

- Of the 10 ministers appointed in Somalia one is from Somaliland that should send u a clear message.

Jacpher   

Xaaji Xunjuf;888338 wrote:
NGONGE thats not true fawziya might have failed in somaliland politics but if she works for xaasan sheikh and the koonfurians i dont see a problem. Fawziya is not even certain about the whole unity of sl and somalia how harmful can she be.

Xassan sheikh so far didnt take any steps towards somaliland that are alarming so far. So far everything is going smoothly hassand and silanyo already had their chit chat.

As for kismayo he needs to chill out a bit there he should just make sure the federal state comes under him and
not another puntland
he should use gen diini and the pm as the face of the govt in those regions.

Xaaji maxaa tiri "Not another Puntland"? What does that mean?

Ngonge: I don't think his team is that sophisticated to think that much about her appointment. I highly doubt if SL is on this mind at the moment. His fight is with Kenya now. But what I am trying to understand is what leverage does the president have on Kenya or Raas Kimbooni other than talking?? Is he expecting Kenya to leave and Ugandan forces to march down Kismaayo port?

NGONGE   

^^ I think it's just teething problems and bad advice really. Sheikh Sharif was just as bad until he realised his job was on the line and had to suddenly get off the plane and do some work.

Xaaji

It is black and white, saaxib. When two sides sit down to iron out their differences (whatever they maybe), the norm is for both sides to show goodwill and not make any moves that may be viewed as obstructive, scheming or underhand. In appointing this new FM, the Somali government showed that it is not sincere in having these talk.

Saaxib, anigo maan qaxin manaan ku kurin SL. So I really wouldn't be as heartbroken if the two sides agree to unite tomorrow. However, it's a pet hate of mine to see hard work go to waste and therefore I view these Somali talks with protectiveness even more extreme than my Guru.

This new Somali government gives off a whiff of treachery and incompetence, as far as their actions so far reveal. Wax fahan.

Abtigiis   

Apparently I missed a big opportunity to be a friend to Fozia. Had that happened i could have been her advisor by now, at least I mean. My friend who is originally from maydh but who lives in Ohio called me last night and he was saying " war soow garanmaysid gabdha laga dhigay wasiirka arimaha dibada?"

I said, no I don't know.

No, you know her. You should know her.

War maya ma garanayo.

War waa gabdhii habeenkii lobby'ga Ambassador Hotel aad la taagnayd ee aad markii danbe talafoonka kala qaadatee , ee ku lahayd "sidaa iyo sidaa"

I used every cell in my brain to remember, but still I couldn't recall that encounter.

My friend insists i must be getting really old if I can't recall that meeting. I am not known for forgetting names and faces, but no I don't remember this one.

NGOGNE no one is talking about unity with Somalia just because they appointed a lady who happens to be from Somaliland this is not something new. The goodwill is still there i think we have better partner in dialogue than all the other previous Presidents of Somalia. But that said the Somaliland government should always be vigilant of what can happen never trust the smiles and the beer xanuuns of the Koonfurians. My opinion is the talks would have not been better if they appointed omaar or buubaa. NGONGE the Koonfurians will always appoint a Somalilander in their cabinets they have been doing that the past 21 years.

Jacpher;888350 wrote:
Xaaji: So you are saying PL can no longer exist under the federal republic of Somalia??

They can ofcourse they can but they should help build the Somali national army and the Somali national institutions, Somalia should not be the united autonomous states of Somalia. There should be one national army but there still can strong police forces in the federal states Somalia today is far from a federal country. Puntland is a semi autonomous state Galmudug is also a semi autonomous state and Jubaland is about to be established.

Jacpher   

XX: You seem confused sxb. You are saying on one hand PL can't be part of the federal republic of Somalia if it is self-governing state and on anther, you are saying PL can be part of Somalia it if helps building the national army. You are speaking on both sides of your mouth.

I was trying to understand what you meant by saying president Hassan doesn't want "another Puntland" in Jubooyinka. I didn't realize PL was illegal in the eyes of dastuurka and that the president was trying to get rid of it or avoiding another self-governing state although there is half a dozen of them in the country. Isn't the same piece of document that made Hassan the president allow self-governing states to form with the federal republic? No?

Jacpher Puntland is an autonomous state allied to the federal government it doesn't come under the jurisdiction of the federal government. I never said Puntland cant be part of the federal republic in order to be part of the federal republic the country needs to turn into a federal republic not just on constitution. I said the President doesn't want another semi autonomous state south of his capital. But he would support a federal state in Jubbaland and he is been supporting a state in Kismayo as long as his government is involved.

Jacpher   

So you think PL is just an ally that doesn't come under the federal republic of Somalia. So Somalia and Puntland are just two allied, associate, friends with common relationship and interest, like Russia and USA :D

Sxb you confused me more but let me ask you about other states, Galmudug, Khatumo, Ximan and Xeeb, Cowl state, Hiiraan?

Puntland has its own government own cabinet own Police force own coast guards its own Military their own flag It has its own foreign policy the federal government has no say what happens in Puntland it cuts ties when ever it likes with the federal government and than mahiga has to rush and mediate between Puntland and the federal government Imagine the state of NewYork cutting ties with the white house. It just shares the Somalia name i am not sure how you define federalism but that's not how it really works. Hiiraan governor was appointed by Sh sharif, galmudug wants to be similar to Puntland they just have less capacity and they just control a smaller territory.

Jacpher   

Xaaji Xunjuf;888374 wrote:
Puntland has its own government own cabinet own Police force own coast guards its own Military their own flag It has its own foreign policy the federal government has no say what happens in Puntland it cuts ties when ever it likes with the federal government and than mahiga has to rush and mediate between Puntland and the federal government Imagine the state of NewYork cutting ties with the white house. It just shares the Somalia name i am not sure how you define federalism but that's not how it really works. Hiiraan governor was appointed by Sh sharif, galmudug wants to be similar to Puntland they just have less capacity and they just control a smaller territory.

^So Hiiraan governor was appointed by President Shariif, no problem there. President Yusuf helped set up PL, huge problem there. Waan gartay.

In case you didn't realize, I wasn't talking about the current situation on the ground or which politician appointed which, I was asking the legality side of the argument. Does the dastuur differ or make PL an ally and not state within Somalia, than Hiiraan, Ximan Xeeb, Galmudug. What makes PL and possibly Jubbaland a problem states for the president and not Galmudug, Hiiraan, Ximan Xeeb as you argued earlier.

It seems you bought the the myth there PL doesn't participate in rebuilding the country and doesn't extend its resources to the cause. PL sent its resources to Baydhabo when the government was seated there, and continued to do so when relocated to the capital and PL activily participated in the federal government so I don't get what makes them an ally state rather than a member state in the union.

Exactly Puntland used to send its resources to Baydhabo when was that when Cabdilahi Yusuf was the President of the TFG. How come they are hardly involved in state building in Somalia how come they hardly contribute in fighting alshabaab in Somalia. How come they don't send some of its police forces to south and central Somalia to help Amisom and the Somali troops to fill the vacuum. I don't see how you make the link between Hiiraan and Puntland. Hiiraan is not an autonomous state it falls directly under the jurisdiction of President hassan sheikh Mahamuud. The constitution doesn't say Puntland is a federal state or Jubaland is a federal state or hiiraan state is a federal state, the constitution merely says that the country Somalia is a federal republic it doesn't say Somalia is a country of autonomous states. it doesn't talk in details about Jubbaland Puntland Galmudug.

Jacpher   

^The dastruur makes it clear that any two gobol or more can join and create their own self-governing state within the federal government. It is this that makes PL, Hiiraan, Khaatumo or Jubbaland, states within the federal government. This is the part of the argument you wanting not to discuss. It is not about army, money or clan affiliations. Maybe those matter to you or others with clan ulterior motives but if that piece of document gives the legal authority to do so, than those three gobolo do have the legal authority to determine their future. Does the dastuur over-write president Hassan? Yes it does. Does president Hassan have a role to pay. Yes he does have an important role to play. That's the end of your argument. Yes the dastuur gives the legal authority to form Jubbaland, regardless of clan affiliations, whether it'd be like PL, Ximan Xeeb, Hiiraan or Galmudug. And your claim PL being ally and not state in the union, is bogus. Maybe you are saying this to justify your secessionist enclave in Hargeysa.

I am NOT here to compare what PL or Hiiraan, Galmudug, Ximan Xeeb, Khaatumo did for the government in Muqdisho but since you asked why PL does or doesn't pay the salary of the government employees in Moqdisho? :D As you admitted, it PL was supporting Moqdisho financially and militarily in the past. It helped put together the conferences that led to the creation of the dastuur. Has any other gobol or state done so? To my understanding, PL was actively involved in supporing Sharif's admin few months ago so unless you have new info, PL was standing behind Moqdisho fairly recently to my knowledge.