Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Muj. Alpha Blondy for SOLer of the Year 2012

i want y'all to imagine a SOL without my presence.......grim somaha? LOL.

this year i owed this site and i think we can all agree that the award should be presented to me on the 28th/29th of November 2012 in line with the Somaliland's regional elections.

i'm not sure how the formalities of these SOLer of the year elections will take place but i reckon it should be on a one SOLer one vote basis LOL. all candidates should presented themselves citing why they ought be awarded the coveted title. AT has won in previous years without a clear policy platform, winning because he was popular guy, i think that ridiculous and the real leaders and those with the most substance ought be elected. there should only be one person elected and none of this Man/Woman of the year.

cheers,

al.

Alpha's Biography

My name is Alpha Blondy and I was born in Hargeisa in the mid-1980s. I was displaced and forced to leave the land of my ancestors. I came to the cesspool that was to become my home, becoming a ciyaal suuq in the dingy streets of North London, before becoming a self-aggrandising community spokesman. I now live in Hargesia, coming back to a hero's welcome. Somaliland has exceeded all my expectations. Its a dynamic place and I feel really integrated.

I'm a regular guy, although those who know me very well would say otherwise. I would consider myself to be friendly but have been known to be quiet and sombre at times. For me, perceptions are two fold; what you think of yourself and what others think of you, so I believe its important to pay close attention to public perceptions. I use the the sharaf-o-meter as a threshold, adding and deducing points accordingly.

I have great passion for Theory and occasionally indulge in my own theories, particularly those on power, control and domination. I have a keen interest in using a multi-faceted approach in developing a link between Culture,Society and Politics. I'm a culture-vulture and have a great interest in 'World Music' and 'Foreign Films'. I detest these terms but for lack of better terms, often find myself using them. As a cultural critic, I've sat on many panels and discussion forums. I regularly listen to the BBC World Service's The Forum and have applied to be on the discussion panel. I'm also currently writing a book entitled ''The Myth of Multiculturalism - Cultural Diversity and The Rise of Political Correctness''

I enjoy listening to all sorts of music including Somali music. I particularly enjoy listening to 'conscious' music, which really means music with a message. Music is a medium of expression and should reflect society in all its complexities. My taste in music varies according to my settings.

In my spare time I like to travel, volunteer in social projects and meet new people..

chubacka   

Alpha Blondy;885727 wrote:
Alpha's Biography

My name is Alpha Blondy and I was born in Hargeisa in the mid-1980s. I was displaced and forced to leave the land of my ancestors. I came to the cesspool that was to become my home, becoming a ciyaal suuq in the dingy streets of North London, before becoming a self-aggrandising community spokesman. I now live in Hargesia, coming back to a hero's welcome. Somaliland has exceeded all my expectations. Its a dynamic place and I feel really integrated.

I'm a regular guy, although those who know me very well would say otherwise. I would consider myself to be friendly but have been known to be quiet and sombre at times. For me, perceptions are two fold; what you think of yourself and what others think of you, so I believe its important to pay close attention to public perceptions. I use the the sharaf-o-meter as a threshold, adding and deducing points accordingly.

I have great passion for Theory and occasionally indulge in my own theories, particularly those on power, control and domination. I have a keen interest in using a multi-faceted approach in developing a link between Culture,Society and Politics. I'm a culture-vulture and have a great interest in 'World Music' and 'Foreign Films'. I detest these terms but for lack of better terms, often find myself using them. As a cultural critic, I've sat on many panels and discussion forums. I regularly listen to the BBC World Service's The Forum and have applied to be on the discussion panel. I'm also currently writing a book entitled ''The Myth of Multiculturalism - Cultural Diversity and The Rise of Political Correctness''

I enjoy listening to all sorts of music including Somali music. I particularly enjoy listening to 'conscious' music, which really means music with a message. Music is a medium of expression and should reflect society in all its complexities. My taste in music varies according to my settings.

In my spare time I like to travel, volunteer in social projects and meet new people..

Yes, but what colour is your hair?