Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Jamaal Cismaan Journalist interview with HORN CABLE TV

Jamaal was under fire by the Somaliland HCTV reporter why did you say Somaliland region of Somalia very interesting interview listen from 28:05. The reporter said you should've said Somaliland an independent state with no recognition at the world stage like zainab al badawi did of the BBC.

Yunis   

Secessionist emotions overtook the HCTV reporter.

Jamal raises valid points on the state of professional Somali Journalism, if there is even such a thing these days.But, he takes it further to sensationalize the issue by continuously blaming on their own deaths.

STOIC   

Xaaji, I think the Somaliland reporter is woefully ignorant to the rules of journalism.He is a bit aggressive with his questions on that issue.The dude gave a valid answer and that should be enough for his audience.Tell him to keep nursing the dream who knows maybe the UN will one day draw the lines for the two borders...

Yunis;883088 wrote:
Secessionist emotions overtook the HCTV reporter.

Jamal raises valid points on the state of professional Somali Journalism, if there is even such a thing these days.But, he takes it further to sensationalize the issue by continuously blaming on their own deaths.

t

Yes Jamal raises valid points on unprofessional somali journalist, He accuse them that they can't make secret their tribal feeling while Jamal himself lost his emotion about Somaliland which he said "Somaliland region of Somalia". I think the reason why Ridwan was challenged him to show that even himself was't neutral journalist.Jamal practice What You Preach

Qaranki;882989 wrote:
^I turned off the video at that point. There was no need to bring in SL in what was otherwise a good interview.

yes to show him that he isn't Practice What he Preaching (neutral and professional Somali Journalism)

STOIC   

Che, damn denial must be a river in Somaliland..Here we thought all along it was Osman's opinion and NOT the IC laws...haha

STOIC   

I will be too ignorant or naive to protest what the OSman guy said in his defense.I was just pointing out the obvious of your point to even Xaaji Xanduuf let alone an impartial observer of Somali politics.

STOIC;883094 wrote:
Xaaji, I think the Somaliland reporter is woefully ignorant to the rules of journalism.He is a bit aggressive with his questions on that issue.The dude gave a valid answer and that should be enough for his audience.Tell him to keep nursing the dream who knows maybe the UN will one day draw the lines for the two borders...

I dont think he would've lose his license if he would've said Somaliland the break away republic and thats just what the reporter asked nothing aggressive about that.