Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Forget Kismayu, Mogadishu admin needs to be shared by all Somali groups..

General duke again u are comparing the incomparable the united states is the land of the immigrants were smaller communities from mexico people of Irish descent Spanish descent Italian descent all based themselves in America Catholicism and Protestantism is openly practiced. Americans shaped their identity through out the last 2 centuries America went through an American civil war from 1861–1865 to achieve their nation unity. i did not say America is homogeneous country i said they don't have tribal rivalries Like in Somalia even at subclan level, that they have ethnic differences is clear. You on the other hand want to create tribal states in modern 21 century in Somalia it doesn't matter if u have clan hebel have one state clan hebel has the other at the end of the day you still are where u were yesterday no progress whats so ever. Why are you against creating more inclusive states even if clan federalism was given a chance why is the tribal identity so important to you.

Somalia;882376 wrote:
Xaaji, Puntland nor Galmudug purport to be the capital for the Somali people. This is not about Mogadishu but the status it claims while being run by a single group. :eek:

The status is that its the capital of Somalia so far Mogadishu is not part of a federal state i dont see a problem.

Khadafi   

General Duke;882381 wrote:
Let me correct you, the Bantu Clan as well as those from Bay & Bakool today are a large segment of Mogadishu.

2. The Marka clan also lives in Mogadishu, so are clans from Hiiraan, and other parts of Somalia. Why complain about Kismayu distribution when their population does not even have adequite representation in Mogadishu?

3. No one is against the sharing of Bosaso admin or Puntland's, and the new clans that have moved into Puntland will with time have adequite representation. Its their State as well.

1- Duke, deegaanka taarikhdiisa waa la kasaa, if large groups of bantu-descent or those from Bay and Bakool fled to Xamar does that mean that its theire historical deegaan Nevertheless, large migrations of people has allways occured, I am not against somali brothers regardless of theire clan moving to Xamar, but whats important is to adress the issue in its political core.

Federalism has been misunderstood by some, its time to see the grave loop holes in it.

Xamar is the traditional land of Unuka, Banaadiri as in Cadcad,Bantu and reer Dayniile all this people are united by one thing if we gonna share Banaadir we gonna share the whole country piece of cake, as for Jubboyinka is more complex its more than 8 different clans living in those regions and if they all agree on one thing then there is no right to oppose them.

If we cannot agree on Banaadir is the traditional land of Unuka,Banaadiri and reer Dayniile then we have to find another capital because we aint settling down for less than sharing the whole country. Keygi lihii kaagana kula lihi we have seen miro dhalkeedi.

sxb banaadir is the land of both Khadafi and my ancestors sheekadan malayacniga ha nalaka daayo we are only demanding one thing, if we gonna share Banaadir, we can only share it in one condition, which is we gonna share whole somalia together today i can't even go to Puntland without being deported to baraxleey

Jacpher if the majority where like you MMA,Che and Chimera Walaahi Thuuma Bilaahi i would support the capital being a city which is shared by all somalis but today most somalis have hidden agendas such as Ku Qabso ku qadi meyside

Any Somali who believes they could deny another Somali the rights to any land is not person that is ready for peace or person understand the common good is greater than personal ambition.

Jacpher   

^Oba: my comment were not directed at you sxb. Those suggesting Banadir should have equal power sharing admin, I am not sure if they'd sing to a different tune when others suggest so should all other metropolitan cities. Almost every large city has some sort of clan representation other than the majority one. Moqdisho isn't unique in this matter.

Che: The days where your Somalinimo was good enough is long gone. The reality is that there is no trust among Somali clans. Kikuyu/Amxaro have better shot at getting trusted.

^In today's world, necessity dedicates only cities with diverse population will enjoy economic advantage. You can kick everyone out but you will be left behind economically, socially and politically unless you have oil or some other raw material. Even tomorrow's world, if there's stable Somalia, it must open its door and become multicultural country that attracts the right talent since our human capacity is low if it want to compete in this world.

Raamsade   

General Duke;882373 wrote:
^^^^You are right Mogadishu's dominant clan will have a good say on the running of the city, however the argument here is if you want fairness then the Reer Xamar (Banadiri) the clans who dominate Marka, the Somali Bantu's and D&M clans should have a fairer share of the Cities power structure. Thus out of the 16 districts of Banadir, these clans should at least have a couple of heads and deputies and so on.

You're confused, aren't you? What does Reer Xamar (who exactly are you referring to?) have to do with Marka? Marka and Xamar have little to do with each other in terms of local inhabitants. Xamar is settled by a handful of migrants from the Middle East with the vast majority of the city's population being ethnic Somalis. Marka is settled another yet distinct Middle Eastern migrants comprising vanishingly small portion of otherwise largely Somali population. Bantus/Jareers are not traditional settlers of Xamar or Marka at all as they are no farms in either city. Traditional Bantu/Jareer lands are along the river banks all the way to Somali Galbeed. And what does rer Baraawe have to do with Xamar? Rer Baraawe actually are co-residents of Lower Jubba and in particular Kismaayo.

The Zack   

I think G.Duke raised good and fair points here. 15 out of 16 districts in Xamar are governed by one sub-clan. On the top of that, that same sub-clan has their son as the mayor and governor of both the city and the state. I think that is unfair because as all know, there are over 4 clans that reside in Banadir. That is unfairness at its best. Wonder why that is so much ignored by many?