Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Defeat of Al Shabaab in South Somalia is loss of influance for Secessionists..

Ahmed Abdi Godane & Ibrahim Aghani was never more than tools of the secessionist groups to destabilize southern Somalia. It has been clear that some of Al Shabaab’s activities were more than welcomed in Hargaysa. It gave another justification for the secessionist to break away from Somalia. Thus the defeat of Al Shabaab in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Baidoa and the South is a big setback for Hargaysa who are now scrambling for a new political strategy with regards to destabilizing Southern Somalia.

Don't you think it's a little excessive to state that just because Godane hails from Somaliland, that this automatically means that Godane was a tool used by the Somaliland Government to destabilize southern Somalia in some sort of massive conspiracy?

There are 3 million "Somalilanders"....Some good, some bad. Some are unionists, some are Federalists, and some are Secessionists. You can't honestly expect the Somaliland Government to control the actions of 3 million of their citizens.

Al Shabaab was a threat to everyone in the Horn of Africa, including Somaliland

A_Khadar   

You're giving a power that they don't possess. I could say it's more of wishful of theirs that the South to remain mess than they actual can do anything! May be they can hide/welcome Godane to Hargaysa..

STOIC   

I knew this marqan induced Khaldans were up to no good with their sinister motives of destabilizing South Somalia.A massively clueless population focused on fantasies of secession. It is their fault that Somalia is today in anarchy! It is both Sad and alarming to see them financing this war in the South. I knew Somaliland had a fence sitter approach when dealing with terrorist. No wonder they are welcoming and encouraging this abhorrent groups to destabilize South Somalia.What a jaw-dropping connection there the OP made...all along I thought Somaliland was NOT interested in terrorism, but I guess they are the ones sending this rascals to the South.Its about time this spotty information raises hell for Somaliland secesionist. This new information should nettle the new Somalia government and encourage them to send some camel-hump scuds towards Hargeisa. Theirs is a failed campaign and they would loose. One think they should be a tad less seccionist by now that Somalia is raising again and becoming pearl of Africa!

Saalax   

STOIC;879160 wrote:
I knew this marqan induced Khaldans were up to no good with their sinister motives of destabilizing South Somalia.A massively clueless population focused on fantasies of secession. It is their fault that Somalia is today in anarchy! It is both Sad and alarming to see them financing this war in the South. I knew Somaliland had a fence sitter approach when dealing with terrorist. No wonder they are welcoming and encouraging this abhorrent groups to destabilize South Somalia.What a jaw-dropping connection there the OP made...all along I thought Somaliland was NOT interested in terrorism, but I guess they are the ones sending this rascals to the South.Its about time this spotty information raises hell for Somaliland secesionist. This new information should nettle the new Somalia government and encourage them to send some camel-hump scuds towards Hargeisa. Theirs is a failed campaign and they would loose. One think they should be a tad less seccionist by now that Somalia is raising again and becoming pearl of Africa!

:D

The Sage   

Ah another slow news day which means Duke must post a thread about Somaliland's impending doom. :D

But really? AS was good for SL because they destabilized the south? The south was already in disarray for 16/17 years at before they took control. Besides AS's bombings in Hargeisa and their calls for destroying Somaliland signalled that they weren't controlled by them