Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali National Forces advancing towards Buurhakaba Pics

Abwaan   

Abwaan ayaa wuxuu doonayaa inuu isku duba-rido koox akhyaar ah oo reer SOL ah kuwaasoo dabiinan doona Che iyo Maaddeey (horta xaggee ka baxay:D) si cafis loogu fidiyo iyaguna ay dadkooda iga mid noqdaan.

]ool @Abwaan....the beauty of being Somali is you can always melt back into your tol:D

Besides, Somalis seem to suffer from amnesia.

lool @Oba.....All I am saying is admit AMISOM is doing the heavy lifting.....

Abwaan   

Che -Guevara;878288 wrote:
]ool @Abwaan....the beauty of being Somali is you can always melt back into your tol:D

Besides, Somalis seem to suffer from amnesia.

looooooooooool@Che, I couldn't agree with you more. It started with The armed rebels against Siad Barre's government. Those who were close to them became mujaahidiin.:D, then Maxkamadihii, Now Al-Shabaabna sidaas inay dhacdo la yaabi maayo. I already heard that some of their hitmen are nicknamed General so and so and they are back to the community and even work with the government without a proper rehabilitation. So you don't need that much rehab, since yours was on a keyboard-cyber-forum jihad.:D

Hold one second guys..

Anyone who was listening to the deputy chairman of the Kenyan parliament Farah Moalim on VOA Somali last week would no doubt come to the reality of the war in Kismayo. It is not about the photo opp pictures of Kenyan forces and their equipment. Mr. Farah openly affirmed that the real fighters against Alshaba are the Somalia National forces who have lost close to 1000 soldiers while the Kenyans have lost less than 36 men since they entered Somalia close to two years ago. The Kenyans died in defensive operations. They have yet to align themselves in offensive patterns to attack the enemy. He further said the Kenyans are there for moral support and to act as the warehouse keepers of ammunition and military hardware.

Faafan   

The SNA has to be integrated because for now most of the foot-soldiers in the various regions all operate along clan lines, when the war is won a new force has to be built and the militias fronting as the SNA dismantled.

Faafan;878316 wrote:
The SNA has to be integrated because for now most of the foot-soldiers in the various regions all operate along clan lines, when the war is won a new force has to be built and the militias fronting as the SNA dismantled.

I agree, and also the UN needs to lift their arms embargo on Somalia as the facts on the ground have changed drastically since the 1990's.

It also would be a great idea if Somalia received Israel-style assistance from countries such as the United States or China. Billions of dollars worth of military equipment/training could go a long way in stabilizing our country.

But integrating these various clan militias is gonna take a while...building a large Somali Army will take years but we're moving forward

ASJW and raskaambooni and other various factions need to be dismantled and incorporated into the Somali army. Somalia needs strong federal troops with capable training and with the right equipment.Not clan armies all the federal states can have a strong police force.

The Sage   

^^^ Good idea on paper but do you think these groups are going to lay down their arms willingly? They already wield enough power and influence in their respective areas and are outside the government's control. I think we'll soon see if ASJW and raskaambooni were actually committed to the cause or were allied with the gov out of the convenience of sharing a common enemy.

Xaaji Xunjuf;878351 wrote:
ASJW and raskaambooni and other various factions need to be dismantled and incorporated into the Somali army. Somalia needs strong federal troops with capable training and with the right equipment.Not clan armies all the federal states can have a strong police forces.

First step should be integrating the Puntland Military into the Somali Army. They have the training and equipment and they know what they're doing.

But I'm not saying they should be deployed to the South-Central regions, as Puntland is barely stable itself. They should focus on securing their corner of Somalia first.

Yeah aswj was allied to the government the same as raskambooni but you cannot have free lance militias freely roaming around the country, ASWJ is in galguduuud in gedo they are armed sufis. And i know it will be hard to disarm them but it must be done.

Xaaji Xunjuf;878359 wrote:
Yeah aswj was allied to the government the same as raskambooni but you cannot have free lance militias freely roaming around the country, ASWJ is in galguduuud in gedo they are armed sufis. And i know it will be hard to disarm them but it must be done.

We should start with disarming the civilian population in Mogadishu, and then gradually disarm cities like Kismayo and Beledweyne.

Maybe political pressure is what we need to disarm ASWJ and RasKamboni and incorporate them into the Somali Army.