Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somalia-Somaliland Talks detrimental to Somalia's unity

General Duke;872327 wrote:
This is a good step. So the new Somalia president will work for the secession of the NW. This is getting better..
:D

I said it before the dissolution of the union of Somaliland and Somalia is the most easiest in Africa as long as it discussed President hassan sheikh already knows that. When he was interviewed by aljazeera he said that Somalia and Somaliland should renegotiate the 1960 union.He will make sure steer clear from anything that can become a roadblock to these talks between Somaliland and Somalia.He wants a well structred unity if there is a union and does not want the same kind of unity that happened where after a decade of being united re newed conflict might erupt. The President of Somalia doesnt want unity just for the sake of unity and last but not least he even underlined that there might not even be a union when he said hadii ba aynu midowno. I think he is an excellent guy in dialogue we can work things out. Somalia and Somaliland side by side both countries its a win win situation. Somalia will not lose its fertile land its still twice the size of Somaliland and Somalia still has access to sea and its natural resources. its all going the right direction we are talking about a man who wants a healthy cooperation with Somaliland we are talking about a man who worked and lived in Somaliland i say let the talks begin.

Mintid Farayar;872330 wrote:
No one is claiming any such thing, Duke, so desist from the usual propaganda.

Just some are claiming there are political groups within the South with which talks can be held and others where talks would be futile. The claim from the Minister is that simple!

Now whether his hypothesis is correct or not... The verdict is still out on that in both the South and North.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical given the close friendship & coordination between Abdiqasim Salaad and the late Mohamed I. Egal before the former was chosen in Djibouti (Salad spent 6 months shuttling back & forth between Hargeisa and Mogadishu before his appointment in Djibouti). As soon as he became President of the TNG, Salad changed his tune to a hostile position vis-a-vis Somaliland.

The relevance of this: Salad was a prominent member of Al Islah at the time...

Cabdqasim was a loser and a prick he was a political failure the only thing he was good at was begging King Fahd of Saudi Arabia.

Duufaan   

I agree abtigiis, the talks are meaningless and unnessaseray unless, it is about how to build and construct a new somalia,politically and economiccally. Somali goverment can not negotiate a clan. A strong Khaatumo is the key for success.

The Sage   

The dialogue should obviously continue as having a direct line of communication between Hargeisa and Mogadishu would be of strategic benefit to both sides.

With that being said, it's becoming apparent that many hardline unionists see these talks a threat since they legitimize Somaliland's interests in self-determination, something that was unthinkable only a few years ago.

These talks will likely drag out for years so all spectators should get comfortable. The end result is not clear at this point but the status quo will definitely change.

horta what i have observed during this somalia-somaliland talks is that the D-block are extremely against it i wanna know why, i mean the other somalis are supporting or they are impartial regarding these talks.

oba hiloowlow;872420 wrote:
lol i dont think thats the case wax kale baa ka dambeeya because in that case Yeey would've started the talks..

At that time Somalia was under attack it was invaded by Ethiopia there was no one to talk to unless u wanted daahir rayaale to talk to General gabre. Abtigiis could've been an excellent translator since he speaks fluently Amhaarina.

STOIC   

Abtigis, you are turning to be a boring person who writes a great deal about uninteresting points like the Wardheernews contributors who dedicate a topic to Somaliland secession every week (ever read the sloober that drips from the Yabarag dude articles?). Nobody said the talks was going to bring anything new and if it did we all know its bound to be difficult one for both sides.If the talks continue I doubt they will introduce anything remotely that contradicts the context of the history of the relationship between Somaliland and the adversary communities like Khatumo.I doubt the talks is weakening anything as Somaliland will always keep proposing the unwavering and relentless sets of arguments they have been preaching the last twenty years whether the talks continues or not. Somaliland will keep every intention in hammering the message into the heads of their people and anyone that will listen that they are sovereign from the chaos of the south.I wish things were black and white.I wish we could force Somaliland to join or be forced to take orders from Mogadishu, but unfortunately the art of negotiation are not as simple as we think it ought to be.

Taleexi   

The talks between the Hargeisa admin and the Federal Gov. is good methinks. And it only has the potential of each clan calling for a negotiation with the government when they feel so. Other than that I call the caravan to be in motion.