Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

Turkish woman awaits trial after beheading her alleged rapist

Juxa   

I think she did the right thing, shooting him that is, but once uu dhulka dhacay she should have stopped.

If she was in the west she would have a fab defence and walk free.

A rapist deserves to die

Raamsade;865251 wrote:
Wadani, I don't know what she could've done because I'm not privy to all the details. But nothing can justify what this psychopath did.
Why decapitate a dead man? Why castrate a dead/dying man?
This speaks to some deap-seated cruelty on her part. If it was up to me I would brand her unfit mother and take away her children.

I detest rapists don't get me wrong.

I guess she just wanted to make sure he doesn't rise up from the dead to re offend again. I don't see anything she did wrong. The only fault i have with all this is, the castration didn't happen while he was alive.

Blessed   

El Punto, somethings are easier said than done. If it was so easy to get out, thousands of victims of long term sexual and physical abuse would have just walked away. Let's not forget that mental abuse and blackmail are also used to keep victims quiet. Most victims do snap at some point, they either self harm, hurt their abuse or do somethings drastic to draw attention to their plight. In a society that often demonises victims of rape, Turkey is one of those places with an odd concept of honour... I can understand how she felt cornered. It was probably insanity that lead her actions.

NGONGE   

Malika;865322 wrote:
Sounds like she had a moment of temporary insanity when she beheaded him - the rest - waa istahiil.

lol@temporary! :D

somalee   

Sounds fishy to me. Doesn't sound very credible. It carried on for months and it was only after she was 5 months pregnant that she decided to kill the 'rapist'. If the husband was away for more than 5 months, it makes it even more suspicious. That means she couldn't claim the pregnancy was her real husband's, therefore decides to kill the man..?

Why did she have to wait until now to kill the man if the real purpose of the killing was to protect her honor? She could have killed the man earlier.

Moral of the story: Don't leave your wife for too long...