Sign in to follow this  
Isra

Somalis on Muslim Singles Sites!

Aaliyyah   

lol@ the downside is you must attend regular dugsi "the idea is to keep people like you away" just kidding. But, you should definitely take dugsi for your own sake. :)

Wadani   

I personally think its degrading for girls to register at the mosque or an online dating site. If a girl really wants to get married she should turn to her family for help.

STOIC   

Just pray your salat with Khushuc and ask for your lord help.Things will take care of themselves when the time is right whether you meet at her at IHOP or SOL...few of my close profesional Somali brothers are single and when I observed them closely they looking for nonexistent perfection while all they need to do is pray and loosen up the pre-requisites.Only time they bring up the topic is when I invite them for Iftar at my place and it hits them what they missing..haha

Gabdhaheena qaarkood oo degan dalalkaan Galbeedka waxee noqdeen kuwa ugu sahlan si sahlan lagu guursado by non-Soomaalis.

Years ago, probably in 2000, I think, at a Soomaali masaajid in Toronto. At the masaajid, there was a big muxaadaro, a huge gathering of Soomaalida.

Last day of muxaadarada, after the end of a break, a convert walked to where wadaadada were seated at. He talked to the moderator, told him that he is a Jameykan convert and is seeking to marry a Soomaali 'sister.' And since there is a huge gathering, he might have a chance to find his future wife right on there. He requested if the moderator can announce it on the public speaker so the everyone can hear it.

The moderator was a bit reluctant. However, he didn't want to offend him and briefly mentioned his request. That was it. He thought it would end right there.

Unfortunately, it didn't. After the muxaadaro, to the big surprise and chagrin of the wadaado, there were notes passed to them at the office, with names and telephone numbers on them by the Soomaali sisters. The notes were for the converted dude who was seeking to marry a Soomaali sister. They all planned to marry him. Without even seeing him. Without even knowing wuxuu yahay.

But the wadaado were wise men who believed in Soomaalinimo. They discarded the notes. Maxee kugu taalaa hee, the converted dude got wind of it. He went to the office, hungry and accusing wadaadada being 'racist' and whatnot. He stormed out and left masaajidka.

Marka some of our sisters dhulka ayee isdhigeen, diintana qalad ka fahmeen. But many of them wey ka shalaayaan in the end markee guursadaan dadka sidaas camal ah.

Aaliyyah   

^ I think somali sisters who marry outside their race are rare, and not a trend that warrants a concern (obviously more prevalent than in the past but it is still not that of a big deal)..

As for the sisters if they are marrying someone they have never met - clearly I would agree with you then they have a misconception about Islam. Diintu way ogoshahay qofka inaad baratid, sida qofka good picture uga heshid. So you know what you are getting yourself into. Why don't those shiekhs instead of only discarding those girls number instead preach those girls and correct their misunderstanding (ileen if not this mosque, it is the next mosque lol).

However, we can also give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they meant to get to know him and not marry him right away.

Aaliyyah   

Apophis;863368 wrote:
Clearly the point is to marry a theist with another theist so yeah, I'm barred
:D

Inshallah the more your learn about islam, the more you will see the truth for yourself. Sorry don't mean to preach but will add you in my prayers. That is the least I can do.

Che, it is beyond sad. Maxaa our sisters kaliya ku imtixaamay the 'converts,' siiba kuwa madoow? Are Soomaali sisters the only Muslim ones out there.

Kii xabsi kasoo baxaba oo soo Muslimay, gar yar soo sameystay, surwaalkana soo gaabsaday gabar Soomaali soo raadsanaa, as though xadiis sheegaayo in loo qoray iyaga kaliya. Go find Bakistaani, Hindi, Suudaani, Boosniyaan, Oromo, Turki, Carab sister. Maxaa ku imtixaamay Soomaalida kaliya.

But of course laguma imtixaaminee, but our sisters diintii qalad ka fahmay oo kii 'wadaad' iska soo dhigaba mooday Muslim toosan, iskuna dhajinaayo. Xataa meher ma bixiyaan, because 'diinta' wey ogashahay. Soori iyo yarad haba sheegin.

STOIC   

People are still getting married...there is two Somali wedding in my neighborhood alone tonight you just gotta look hard in the libraries and family functions haha

MMA...It's lack of understanding of diinta, education and social reality, and somethings plain dumbness. N amazingly, they will put up with lot of things that would not take from Somali men...loool

In any case, our entire is f^up.