Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Property prices soaring in Mogadishu

Chimera   

I wonder as well, beachfront was prime real-estate.(which is strange because Mogadishu and Somalia has thousands of miles of free beachfront) If the war hadn't happened you'd be looking at multi-million dollar villas and appartments. There is no major capital in East Africa situated at the sea, only Mogadishu.

Chimera   

^How do you even purchase land or property in Somalia? What would happen if I settled in area where nobody lives, far from any town or city, but nicely by the sea, would I still need a permit?

Somalia is a gigantic country and sparsely populated, but everybody is very territorial.

^ What would happen if I settled in area where nobody lives, far from any town or city, but nicely by the sea, would I still need a permit?

no you won't need permit but your army.

Tallaabo   

Apophis;858070 wrote:
Nice to see peace and business prospering but I must ask who owned the beachfront previously. It will be interesting to know if it was government land or private.

I logged in to ask the same question.:)

Tallaabo   

Chimera;858079 wrote:
^How do you even purchase land or property in Somalia? What would happen if I settled in area where nobody lives, far from any town or city, but nicely by the sea, would I still need a permit?

Somalia is a gigantic country and sparsely populated, but everybody is very territorial.

Yes you will have to get a permit from the clan chief of the area.:cool: I believe there is a great advantage for Somalis being very territorial as this unique characteristic has helped our barely 15 million folks in the world to protect a vast and productive land mass on a prime location from much larger ethnic groups.

Chimera   

^Our ancestors were badazz mofos, how can you exert your linguistic, political, military, economic dominance over an area the size of western Europe with a population of 1 million and only 500 thousand of them being men? Not to mention the best prime-real estate in Africa, with the greatest beaches! If we had stuck together as a single people, then we would be looking at around 200 billion barrels of Oil, from the O-gaden, to Somalia proper, and to NFD.

Would have been interesting to see what could have happened had the Europeans never intervened in our monopoly. Today we are less than a shadow of our ancestors.

Apophis;858164 wrote:
Come on SOL'S, let's band together and buy some beautiful beachfront villas. I got £100 here, who's in
:D

I have a nice beach front property in Xamar i like to sell you....Lacag aniga iisoo ***. :)

I am tired of leaving in the west , I am ready to live in xamar so I can enjoy the fresh air from the Indian ocean and eat

et fresh organic.

I will live in a tent , don't matter to me as long thier peace and stability. What a better way to live your home country

and live with a dignity.