Sign in to follow this  
Narniah

Would you?

Narniah   

I got a quick hypothetical question for you all.

Imagine your friend who was married passes away, would you consider marrying their spouse who's widowed? I'm asking this question both sexes, thanks in advance.

Juxa   

Maya, i wont personally. in return i wont want my friend to marry my husband when i die

Reason: boundries are very important in friendships. when you have a friend, specially a female, you should not cross the boundries by trying to be friendly with her fiancee or a husband. That unspoken warranty extends to even when the friend dies (hypothetically)

Malika   

Hmmm... depends nooh? Are there children involved? Did you secretly fancy them? Is he rich?[LOL] Is he tall..ha ha - anywho, the answer is No. the few friends I have I know far too much about their husbands - it will be too weird.

Juxa   

oh i forgot, i love my friends, they are practically my family......it will be saqajaanimo to get off with their hubbies, i am sure certain friends will come to keep me company and scratch my face from beyond grave as well

Kool_Kat   

Maya maya MAYA! Saaxiibadey nimankooda mid ii qalma maba arag! (KIDDING!):P

Give us more hypothetical details about this widower, are there children? If so, how many? How old are these kids? How old is this widower, sheekadu ma weeso isku dhowrashaa kaliya? *istaaqfurulaah*

Narniah   

lol Malika Hmm (Yesss) Let's assume the person has all the great qualities that one seeks.

Juxa I agree where your coming from and I respect what you said.

Let me change my question around a bit and ask you all this. How about if you were the one widowed (god forbid). And you were extended the proposal from the friend of your spouse that passed away. Would you accept it, knowing even when your spouse was alive he/she use to say (Oh mashaAllah if I had a sister or brother I'd marry my friend to them).

edit: Oh and no the person doesn't have kids. The widowed is in their early twenties.

Kool_Kat   

Early 20's and no kids AND WIDOWED! War iga leexo dheh, there are a lot of fish in the sea, sida loola dabaasho habarto...And here I thought you were talking about a guy in his 40's or 50's with six young kids (oldest being 10 and youngest only a few months old)...Even then naag tolka ah aan baadiya uga dalbi lahaa...

I doubt any man/woman in his/her early 20's would want to marry his/her recently deseased's friend...Subxaanalaah! Such person should take time to mourn the loss of their spouse and not think about re-marrying any time soon...Bisinka...

Malika   

^ War iga leexo shekaduu saas haa uu dafiin hee..what if the friend actually had some feelings for the widow? and opportunity came knocking on the door - Allah ya raxiimu for the friend...she sees an opportunity to be with 'assuming' a good man with all the qualities she has been seeking..maa qof kale uu tilmamii ninkii ama eyada boska qabsani?

Anywho, horta anuu sugnoo the 'single ladies' - we the Mrs club need not project our 'fears'..Lol.

Chimera   

No, and I would hunt my dearest for the rest of her life as a ghost if she were to elope with any of my friends!

But jokes aside, you never know, because me and my friends share many similarities in humour, mannerism, mentality, dress code so it would make sense for a widow to feel a connection.

Aaliyyah   

Kool_Kat;855765 wrote:
Early 20's and no kids AND WIDOWED! War iga leexo dheh, there are a lot of fish in the sea, sida loola dabaasho habarto...And here I thought you were talking about a guy in his 40's or 50's with six young kids (oldest being 10 and youngest only a few months old)...Even then naag tolka ah aan baadiya uga dalbi lahaa...

I doubt any man/woman in his/her early 20's would want to marry his/her recently deseased's friend...Subxaanalaah! Such person should take time to mourn the loss of their spouse and not think about re-marrying any time soon...Bisinka...

lol@ naag tolka ah aan baadiya uga dalbi laha. Similar story happened in the states in fact. But, she wasn't reer baadiya simply tolka of the guy who got widowed. After a while she got fed up with taking care of kids that wasn't hers. She called him as he was at work one day, he was a truck driver. She was like "war kaalay caruurtaada so doono or I will lock them in the house". He was in another city and he literally freaked out who wouldnt and told her bal wait for me till i get back. Botton line it is not easy taking care of kids that aint yours.

As for the question, I don't think I would have in either scenario. Like Koolkat said too many fish in the sea, AND there is something creepy and unsettling about marrying the husband of a dead friend.

Buuxo   

I wouldn't marry my friends ex or widower . I would support her family though by other means ,especially if there is kids .

Juxa   

Lol @ projecting our fears

Narniah I have seen 'dumaal' men marrying their dead brother's wives. It causes so much pain for the families involved

Although your question is slightly different, I would help as much as I can but sleeping go'gashii saaxiibta ka dhimatay. Najaynaa waa habaar

Laga duceysto

I hope I put you off for good:)

Khadafi   

Narnia hadaa soomaliya la joogo haa, waan guursanlahay. It is not that I prey my friends wives, the thing is when the bread winner dies who is going to take care of her. It is a win.-win situation. I cared for my friends wife economically (he would be happy) and I got a second wife;)