Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Dumb Liverpool?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

[QB] ^^ Do you blame him?

QB]

Yes and No. No, because he's a nigerian by birth. Just Joking.

I don't blame him since Arsenal is offering extremly low wages, in day and age where fbl playaz are paid like mad. On the other hand, I think he owes something to the club. Don't you think ? or are footballers just like politicians? In any case, near 30 million for him and getting Huntelar would be an oright deal. Plus, overmars, Anelka, Henry and Viera have all flopped....after going abroad.......

Liverpool for keane would be a great signing!

nuune   

^^^ Keane is no good either, fudeedkaa ka batey, but he will mature enough if he joins Anfield.

NGONGE   

^^^ :D

Apart from Torres he will be the best forward Rafa ever brought to the club. :D

Keane makes move to Anfield

By Steven Beacom

Monday, 28 July 2008

Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane was today set to fulfil a lifelong dream and sign for Liverpool.

Keane was at Anfield this morning undergoing a medical which would seal his £20 million move from Tottenham.

Liverpool will initially pay £18 million with add-ons of up to £2 million agreed with the White Hart Lane outfit.

Keane, who is 28, will become the second most expensive player in Liverpool’s history after Fernando Torres.

The Irishman, a big Liverpool fan, is relishing the prospect of teaming up with the Spaniard in an attack that will have the Kop purring in anticipation.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is believed to be delighted with the capture and still remains interested in landing Aston Vila midfielder Gareth Barry, despite that deal reaching saga proportions.

In other transfer news today, it is undertsood that Everton striker Andrew Johnson is ready to clinch his £10 million move to Fulham.

Meanwhile Chelsea’s new manager new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has declared that his team have what it takes to win all FOUR trophies this season.

Scolari’s Grand Slam boast differs to what Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been saying recently, suggesting that the Stamford Bridge outfit are unlikely to improve as many of their players are over 30.

Expect more from these two as the season starts, with Ferguson knowing he faces a tough opponent in “Big Phil”, who of course has a World Cup triumph wiith Brazil on his CV.

Privately it is believed that Scolari has set himself a one-trophy minimum target for his first season in England. Publicly he has issued a confident statement that Chelsea can mount a substantial challenge for every honour – the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

"We have four competitions this season and I try to win all four," said 59-year-old Scolari.

"It is the same for the players. It will be very difficult but we have the team and players for it.”

Source

Abtigiis   

Here we go again with NGONGE's elementary knowledge about football. Saaxiib, Robbie Keane way ka dhamaatay. He isn't a good striker.

Fabregas   

Robbie Keano is a legend, mate. And he has some unfinished business with the top clubs. Him and Gerrard running off Torres will significantly improve them, but I don't think Rafa has strenghtened Liverpool all around nor made a great improvement on last seasons team. I don't think they have the strength or quality to challenge for the title in comparison to Man Utd and Chelsea, that probably goes for Arsen too, who hasn't really improved the team after losing two of last seasons best players(Hleb and fLAMINI).

NGONGE   

^^ Last season and the season before that Liverpool had one problem, saaxib. They did not have enough good strikers. The middle was fine adn the defence was world class but the strikers were rubbish (maybe some of it was down to the game plan that banitez adopted). This purchase though is likely to improve things. Keane might just be the missing link between middle and forward.

N.O.R.F   

^Defence is top and so is the middle. Looking better up front and Babel coming in off the left to boot. Still need a quality pair of wingers though and Veronin needs to go.

nuune   

Robbie Keane's move to Anfield is welcomed in Ireland with joy :D

Ngonge, you are right, Lpool don't have strikers, about time though, but I don't think Keane will achieve alot in da near future in terms of goal scoring, let him mature bal, ma jecli cunugaas ani smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

^^He will bag at least 14 goals in the Prem if Rafa plays him as a second striker but we know Rafa has ideas of his own most of the time.

NGONGE   

^^ He scored 23 goals in a team that had Berba, DeFoe and Bent (Berba scored a similar number of goals). I reckon he'll at least score another 20 for Liverpool.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Last season and the season before that Liverpool had one problem, saaxib. They did not have enough good strikers. The middle was fine adn the defence was world class but the strikers were rubbish (maybe some of it was down to the game plan that banitez adopted). This purchase though is likely to improve things. Keane might just be the missing link between middle and forward.

The defence, mid and strikers might be class, but Chelsea and Manu possibly have 2 players in each of those positions. If there is an injury to Gerrard and Mascherno, what will the livpl mid look like? No great, I say! Whereas with Manu, if Ronaldo and Carrick injured, they still ahve players like hargreves, Nani,Anderson etc. For sure, liverpool will prove, but I think Manu and Chelsea will also improve on last season, which means liverpool will have to be on rollercoaster form, which I don't think they can achieve, given their many previous draws at middle table clubs..........

p.s. u tink Liverpool can win the title this season(realistically)?

ps. Bently left Blackburn to play champions league football@ tottenham :D

Nuune, you live in Ireland?

Fabregas   

^^ma gabadh Irish baad qabta?

ps.I change my opinion, now that I think of it, Barry would slot nicely into the Liverpool mid.........