Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's prediction for President of Somalia 2012...

Prof. Abdiweli Mohamed Ali

croppedimage540303-IMG3305.jpg

From talking to influential individuals inside Somalia and throughout the Diaspora and also by following the current political maneuvers of the international community. I can at last with good confidence state that Dr. Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, will more than likely be elected President of Somalia.

Aside from my own prediction he has proven beyond a shred of any doubt that he is capable, has the right mindset and what it takes to lead the shattered nation out of its current situation.

Mr ambassador;851913 wrote:
after the monitoring groups report, I don't think so.

plus this guy has no self-confidence he is scared from Faroole he fears him for some reason.

The monitoring group has killed off Sharif Ahmed delusions and the timeline in question Abdiweli was not even PM. As for fearing Faroole, not sure what you mean by that, Abdiweli was attacked by a suicide bomber and yet continued with his job regardless, that is the sort of toughness the Somali nation needs. Also the greatest progress politically has taken place in his tenure.

Again read the Monitoring groups report and like I said this man is the front runner...

Che -Guevara;851937 wrote:
Come on Duke, don't be predictable.

Che, at least rise above your clan hate..:D

Its not about what I want but the facts on the ground. My prediction is Abdiweli is the most likely winner this coming August and he is the most capable candidate in running the country.

Carafaat   

Duke, I think Abdiwali is capable as well.

But have you even considered the other candidates, or can you see beyond your little sub-clan? :D

Ali was educated in various universities around the world, but initially studied in Mogadishu, Somalia's capital. In 1984, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the Somali National University, graduating with highest honors.[3]

Ali later relocated to the United States for post-graduate studies. In 1988, he obtained a Master's degree from
Vanderbilt University as an AFGRAD Fellow of Economics
. Between 1994-1995 and 1995-1998, he was a
Bradley Fellow in George Mason University's
Department of Economics and Center for Study of Public Choice, respectively. In 1998-1999, Ali was a Joel Fellow of Political Economy at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, where he earned a Certificate of Taxation from Harvard Law School in 1999 and a Master's degree in Public administration the same year. In 2000, he also obtained a
Ph.D. in Economics from George Mason University

He has the right education and temperament..

Carafaat;851945 wrote:
Duke, I think Abdiwali is capable as well.

But have you even considered the other candidates, or can you see beyond your little sub-clan?
:D

Its not what I considered, or my sub clan which everyone is as usual obsessed with..:D Envy is a terrible thing. Its just that the man has the capacity and education to do really well.

In a professional capacity, Ali served as a Director in the Excise Tax Department of Somalia's federal Ministry of Finance and Revenue in the mid-to-late 1980s. Between 1988 and 1991, he was an Assistant Director in Research and Statistics at the Ministry of Finance and Revenue.[3]

From 1993 to 1998, Ali was an Adjunct Professor of Economics in the Department of Social Science and Public Service of Northern Virginia Community College in Alexandria, Virginia.[3] Between 1998 and 1999,
he was a Teaching Fellow at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government and the Harvard Institute for International Development (HIID)
.[5][3]

In the 2000s, Ali worked as a
Research and Forecast Manager for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
[5]

He later moved to Niagara County in New York state, where he was an Associate Professor of Economics in the Department of Commerce of Niagara University,[3][1] having joined the school in 2003.[5]

Ali also served as a consultant for various international organizations, including the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program.[5]

His main academic areas of concentration have been in public finance, public choice and international trade.[2] Ali's current research endeavors have centered around the impact that institutions have on economic growth.[5]

A prolific author, Ali has written articles for many peer-reviewed journals, including the Journal of Business and Economics Research, International Advances in Economic Research, and the Journal of Public Choice. In 2001, a paper of his titled Political stability, stable economic policies and growth:
An empirical investigation that was published in the Atlantic Economic Journal was awarded the year's Best Article Award
.[5]

Ali is also an active member of various economic organizations, including the International Atlantic Economic Society, the American Economic Association and the Southern Economic Association.

His career background..

Abdiweli's wife is campaigning for him he should be a man and tell us wuxuu damacsanyahay, what he wanna change and stuff!! Horta Generale is Abti Gacmodheere a candidate?

Mr. Guled bless his heart is a candidate and a man who would be a great Presidnet, however we are talking about who is likely to win, not who I want to win and my prediction regardless is Abdiweli. Oba Sharif Ahmed event yesterday was a clownish affair...:D how one would vote for that joker is beyond me..

well we'll see in August sxb, may the best man win and the most important thing,, ilaahay dowladd Dhexe ee awood leh oo dadka iyo dalka wax uu tarta ha keeno Aamiin.

Somalia needs a fair government that will not abuse it's civilians and enrich some ******. Insha Allah a federal satem hay gives powers to all Somali's will be the new reality and posperitu to the people of Somalia.