Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

Where do you break your fast?

Ok, so many of us lead busy lives, and we might not be home at afur time. My question to you is, where and how do you break your fast?

4 days out of the week, I have classes or a meeting at afur time. The first day was a trip. I was sitting in a small classroom and couldn't leave the class because the teacher was discussing something pertaining to our exam. I had an aluminum foil with cookies and Sour Cream and Onion chips in my bag. Problem is, it made so much noise that I really couldn't eat. And the class ended at 9 p.m.!!!! I learned my lesson and the next day I just bought M&Ms and pop.

Well, that's my story. What's yours?

Alhamdulliah I only have 3 classes so mine always end at 3 p.m. I have plenty of time to go home, relax, do some work, and eat later.

Laakin on thursdays...I leave class at 730 p.m. SO I take something from the school cafeteria and eat in class. The professor doesnt mind.

N.O.R.F   

I will leave work in about 15mins, get on the motorway, drive at about 90mph (110mph if late)to get to families' house for Afur at about 6pm! That mu usual routine, leaving work early means i have to be in for about 8.15am in the morning :(

salam

I wish i had a family in my city where i come home and see the food ready in the table.To me the last class i have is 4:45pm so i come home and pray asar then i get to the kitchen start cooking and i dont actaully cook little for me i make more food since i have 5somali guy who usually come knock on my door for afuur so you know how hard it is but i get ajaar. when iam dont i go back to school and start studying.And thats how my life is for ramadhan.

Macsalama.

LuCkY   

AsaLaamu ALaikum,

WELL I go to SchooL six day out of the week. Monday-Thursday I break my fast with a bunch of my friends in the SchooL cafeteria, we eat homemade(hot of the stove) sambusa,bur and everything one NormaLLy has and then some.ALhamduLiLaah I dont have to worry about crappy junk food during Iftar.Friday-Sunday I get home in time for Iftar.

PEace :D !

i break at work! since i dont leave till 8:00p! i cant wait till they reduced that one hr next week! man i hunger...! i am seeing butterflies!! no kidding!

i go water mellon some apples and some left-over from last nite!! yummy!

NGONGE   

I leave work an hour early, take my time going home and make it home on time. The food is already ready and waiting to be sampled of course.

In the next couple of weeks, things will change! We’ll change from British Summer time and they’ll put the clocks back. I’ll have to break my fast on the tube on the way home. Or might linger around at work for an hour, break my fast then go home. :D

Xoogsade   

Three days at work along with some somalis(waa ka qaraabtaa since they bring the stuff), Two days at school where I have classes from 6:00 to 9:00pm one night and from 6:00 to 10:00pm the other night. I leave the class/lecture to get something out of the vending Machine, Milk mostly after breaking the fast with water, go to the libary and kick out whoever is in the reading rooms smile.gif Mostly Somali girls, pray and then head back to class.

lol@ready to be sampled. Saxib NGONGE, lucky you Old Man :D

Viking   

In the livingroom usually. Sometimes the adhan comes on while am still in the kitchen piling the sambuusas on a plate; WHENEVER THIS HAPPENS, I take a sip of water and toss a timir in the mouth while leaning on the fridge!

i usually try to go home n' break ma fast there...but even @ home itz impossible...i'm cookin..cookin..cookin...when i'm done..itz time for afur..

i drink water...take a bit of (delicious sambuus..i made ofcourse)..n' then on to the next stage...SERVING..

serv..serv..serv some more..n' by the time i'm done itz like 30-40 min past afur time...man..talk about wieght loss...

but today...i broke ma fast @ school..wit a cookie and pop...

Bess.   

serv.....lol...girl...u can't eat after u cook...all the smell gets to u....don't get me wrong i luv cooking 4 my family....but i would like one day of break.....someone to serve me.....just sit and then be called to the table....hey i can dream atleast.... :D:D

peace

Iffah   

If I'm working a night shift (as now) - I make sure I arrive @ the workplace early so I don't have to break my fast on the subway. And if it's a day shift, I break my fast @ work. The days I'm off I'll break it at home (my fav days smile.gif )

I normally try to make it home to a ready made delicious meal smile.gif ... but at times it so happens I'm on the train. I dont have the habit of carrying food or water so I just stick it out - could be 10-30mins.

Hopefully when the clock turns back an hr, I'll do it at work.

I'm in the busiest department and doing the most redundant of jobs maanta :( . You were right, I should learn to keep ma gob shut n not sound so enthusiastic. :rolleyes:

Another day, doing nothing eh? 4 u i.e. :D