Sign in to follow this  
Nudawn

Salama calaikum

Odey   

Nudawn;847559 wrote:
Bro as long as there are like minded individuals like you and the handful of others, I'm sure we'll find constructive subjects to discuss, business plans to write. We have a virgin country waiting for us to invest in. We should be taking advantage of this online community and starting business groups. Let's brainstorm ideas

Hear hear!!,

Nudawn, my brother these are my thoughts exactly which is why late last year I decided to head back home. I am in Mogadishu, living, breathing on our beloved piece of Planet Earth. The opportunities here are so immense it beggars belief. It saddens me when I see young men & women who seem highly talented and could be good business partners which ultimately will create jobs that will in turn help alleviate the suffering back home arguing on some petty stuff.

I am keen to meet fellow like minded people and glad to make your acquaintance brother!. Do keep in touch and don't let any of these put downs get to you. Salaams.

Tallaabo   

I too joined this forum after spending few months reading the cut and paste news articles which are regularly posted by SOL’s amateur reporters. I did not join soon because I felt like I did not fit in any of the ranks of the dhaqan celis boys, Al Shabaab loyalists, cyber states guul wadayaal, clan warlord fans, neo-afwaynists, marfash politicians, politicised housewives, fake nationalists, cathinone & cathine addicts, Ethiopian insurgents, iyo gaalada mad madaw. But I guess I will eventually find my ground.

Odey   

Tallaabo;847612 wrote:
I too joined this forum after spending few months reading the cut and paste news articles which are regularly posted by SOL’s amateur reporters. I did not join soon because I felt like I did not fit in any of the ranks of the dhaqan celis boys, Al Shabaab loyalists, cyber states guul wadayaal, clan warlord fans, neo-afwaynists, marfash politicians, politicised housewives, fake nationalists, cathinone & cathine addicts, Ethiopian insurgents, iyo gaalada mad madaw. But I guess I will eventually find my ground.

;););)

Do yourself a favour, whatever you do, don't join any of those groups. You talent will be wasted!!. Instead maybe find likeminded people you feel can contribute to your growing network . Wish you the best in your search dear brother/sister?.... apologies but cannot tell either way

Nudawn   

Odey;847606 wrote:
Hear hear!!,

Nudawn, my brother these are my thoughts exactly which is why late last year I decided to head back home. I am in Mogadishu, living, breathing on our beloved piece of Planet Earth. The opportunities here are so immense it beggars belief. It saddens me when I see young men & women who seem highly talented and could be good business partners which ultimately will create jobs that will in turn help alleviate the suffering back home arguing on some petty stuff.

I am keen to meet fellow like minded people and glad to make your acquaintance brother!. Do keep in touch and don't let any of these put downs get to you. Salaams.

Brother im genuinely happy for you and your decision to go back to our impoverished country. This is exactly why I joined this forum, to meet risk takers like you bro. I have sooo many questions pertaining to the business climate in the Mog. Is the environment conducive to business?

Nudawn   

Tallaabo;847612 wrote:

Bro we have to change the culture around here man. That's the reason why I made such a dramatic opening post, I'm sure there are others creeping who think like us.

Odey   

Nudawn;847638 wrote:
Brother im genuinely happy for you and your decision to go back to our impoverished country. This is exactly why I joined this forum, to meet risk takers like you bro. I have sooo many questions pertaining to the business climate in the Mog. Is the environment conducive to business?

Not only is it conducive it is actually at optimum levels!. My suggestion to you brother is to invest wisely but invest quickly. New ideas, industries are popping up and whoever gets in there first will make the big bucks. Bringing a service or profession late won't do you any good. Happy to lend my experience. See your inbox for my email and contact me inshallah.

Nudawn   

Odey;847645 wrote:
Not only is it conducive it is actually at optimum levels!. My suggestion to you brother is to invest wisely but invest quickly. New ideas, industries are popping up and whoever gets in there first will make the big bucks. Bringing a service or profession late won't do you any good. Happy to lend my experience. See your inbox for my email and contact me inshallah.

Knowing Somalis and our entrepreneurial spirit it's only a matter of time before the business void is plugged with eager investment money. Thanks for the contact info brother, we will definitely be in contact.

Nudawn   

Odey;847645 wrote:

Knowing Somalis and our entrepreneurial spirit it's only a matter of time before the business void is plugged with eager investment money. Thanks for the contact info brother, we will definitely be in contact.

Blessed   

W/salaam ND,

So, if you fail to fulfil your pledges and promises, do I have permission to karbaash you?

Raamsade   

New Dawn, I wanted to welcome you but then I read your naive posts... now I'm not so sure if I should welcome you. I mean we have way too many naive and impressionable SOLers I don't know if we should increase that rank. I feel we need more discriminating intellects. But what the hell, SOL's resident Gaalraac welcomes you.

Wadani   

Bluelicious;847409 wrote:
Don't get me wrong I think there is nothing wrong with seeing what kind of forum your getting into before you join. But I do think there is something wrong with a person getting to know people instead of the general forum. If someone tells you out of the blue I know everything about you wouldn't the first thing you thought be what a creep you feel like you have been stalked. Anyways you joined at the perfect time new year, new year new start lol. You are a great member I like you Wadani
:)

The feeling is mutual Blue. :D

Mario B   

Tallaabo;847612 wrote:

From reading of your post, you seem to fall in the secessionist camp, the clue was in 'neo-afwaynist' and the 'fake nationalist' part of your comment, a favorite with secessionist when they want to defame you. If my judgement is wrong then I can only send my advanced apology! :D

P.s Nudawn, wlc saxib!

Abtigiis   

NGONGE;847344 wrote:
I will not talk of this, I will not talk of that and I will not discuss this or discuss that. Adeer waa yeelkadaa dee; it's not a job interview.

But, you know what, I am finally glad to welcome someone new on this site (someone that wet behind the ears can't be anything but new).

We haven't had one for years. Welcome warya.
:)

From the sheer weepy introductory post he made, Nudawn is obviously a young person. Welcome to the forum bro, but if your argument is that clan is the problem in Somalia, it is an argument for which no supporting evidence is presented for. Few countries in the world, if any at all, do not have race, clan and ethnic factors that divide their citizens. Yet, there is only one failed state in the world right now - Somalia. One of the deepest clanish sentiment and identity in the Somali peninsula is exhibited in Somaliland, yet Somaliland is the only properly functioning regional state in what used to be Somalia. The amount of hate, mutual suspicion and animosity between the Amhara and the Oromos, or the Amahara and the Tigres, or the Sidama and the Woleita is not milder than the SL-PL, or PL- Galmudug rivalries. The political bad-blood between the Kikuyus and the Luo in Kenya cannot be less poisonous than the internal clan feud between HAG sub-clans!! The bottomline is that clan or clannishness is not why Somalia failed and why it is failing. It is lack of education and visionary leadership. A vibrant Somalia can prevail even if the diseased clannish mentality continues as long as there is a political leadership (a handful of them) that could steer the country forward economically and politically. The allies of Sheikh Sharif today do not come from one single clan. Politics in Somalia is now starting to resemble politics elsewhere in that it is interest - mainly vapid materialism- that drives the belief and actions of politicians. It is why a showdown is inevitable between Faroole and Abdiweli if one or the other finds that the other is an obstacle to his ambitions.

Yet all this does not mean clannishness is defensible. It is not. But you should listen to Khadra Dahir's "cudurka kaa gala fardaha, hadii laga gubo dameer" to get the jist of my post! Also, frothily mouthing one's partiotism and cleanliness does not always make one clean, because most of the somali politicians actually say good things about somalinimo in the media. A man I met in Hargeisa recently, clad in all white Tabliqii dress, told mee that he partticipated in the big Tabliiq gathering and that he is added to the list of the Jamaaca that will travel to Bangladesh! Nothing wrong with this, except that he is the same man who was singing "Leyla, oo Laylaa" from the Indian movie "Qurbani" just a month ago to cheering young ladies in summertime! And except that after I reminded him about that epsiode of "Leyla" and jokinly asked if he is truely reformed, he smiled and said " waar dee meesha Bengaladish naago eesh calaa ah baa la gu sheegay" implying that the Tabliiqi Jamaaca are paying his travel expenses so that he has a hot sexual romping in the rice country. So, let us not get too emotional about the nice things we say in this forum. Much more than political correctedness in this forum is to make sure that we actually contribute to the eradication of clanisim by living the life we preach! The posts Xaji Xundjuf and Dr. Osman exchange are the most hilarious, but I am sure they are not any more clanish than the average faarax in this forum.