Sign in to follow this  
Nudawn

Salama calaikum

Nudawn;847157 wrote:
Lmao I'm assuming you're a guy too Mukulaalow. Honestly the whole qabil thing isnt as complex as people make it out to be. It's all economics or a lack there of in our case.

True, but tribalism in Somalia is complex at the same time lack of economic is a factor. The nomad harsh life which competes on scarce arebal land and water was the main reason of rural clashes in the past, but when it comes to statehood and city life its almost the same symptoms, where every clan wants to get peace of the cake e.g ministerial jobs or who gets the top job, all these contribute to this problem.

Nudawn   

Mukulaalow I think you're absolutely correct. I've always asked this question: would qabil be a factor if every single Somali household had running water, electricty, 24/7 energy access with the flip of a switch. Would we care which tribe our neighbors hailed from, if we both had good paying jobs, access to good schools for our kids?

Wadani   

U know all of us so well, nice. As u can see ive lived up to my name, even though its a hard job being a wadani day in and day out lol.

Nudawn   

Water is the underlying issue here, I've made this correlation before with friends and family, and I honestly think the lack of access to water is the biggest issue in Somalia.

What if we can harness the river water in the south and construct man made rivers directed to the parched northern regions?

Tribalism or tribes is not the issue Somalis lived like this for centuries they were running around with spears fighting for grazing land and new territory well at-least the nomads the majority of the Somalis. There was no statehood prior 1884 before Italians French and the brits colonized the Somalis. There were small little tribal kingdoms in essence modern Somali statehood was created out of an experiment and it lasted only for 31 years. You should ask you're self why did it only last for 31 years?

Oday ba beri yidhi dawladnimada Somali waxa weye wa anago idhaha aw xujaalow xoolaheena oo dhan so ururi geedka hoostisa ma arkaysa isugu wada keen. Dabeedna xoolaheena oo dhan waxaynu u dhiibayna cabdi Farax oo ino dhaqayaa. Somalidi hore waxay odhan lahayeen war wu xujoobay geedka laftisa ku del dela sideen xoolaheena ugu amina. is amin la'aada is one issue Somalis don't trust each other.

Nudawn   

Wadani;847170 wrote:
U know all of us so well, nice. So do u think ive lived up to my name? lol. It's hard job being a wadani day in and day out.

I respect the fact you hail from a region intent on separation, here you are going against you're Kin I assume. For that you get my utmost respect.

Nudawn   

Xaaji you're right Somalia didn't exist 100 years ago or 70 years for that matter. Our culture our customs our language have existed in the region for God knows how many years though. The Somali people Are a homogenous people. Where else in Africa besides the northern Arabs, can you travel thousands of miles across coastline, hinterlands, semi desert, jungles and plains, to find the same language spoken. Yea sure with a change of accent depending on where you are.

Xaaji to answer you're question, the root of our problem is lack of resources.

So tribalism is not the issue there are no tribal wars in Somalia u need to bring people closer to each other u need to make sure they trust each other again they need to have an external enemy. I always found it strange why the former Siad bare government tried to abolish tribalism back in the days there was no need really. Because of that later the regime was seen as one tribe against the rest and as a result you had a flood of S S S factions. Give tribes a place in society Somalia is doing that now the 4.5 tribal system for example its excellent.

wyre   

Yes, And The Most Respected Guys In SOL Are

Xaaji Xunjuf

Nin yaaban

Showqi

Abwaan

Ngonge

:D :D

Wadani   

Nudawn walaal, we are even more amazing than the nothern Arabs, because many of their dialects are not mutually intelligable, while all af-maxaa tiri speakers from Djibouti to ras kaamboni can understand eachother no problem, and it would probably take only a few months for one of them to pick up af-may.

Nudawn;847178 wrote:
Xaaji you're right Somalia didn't exist 100 years ago or 70 years for that matter. The Somali people Are a homogenous people. Where else in Africa besides the northern Arabs, can you travel thousands of miles across coastline, hinterlands, semi desert, jungles and plains, to find the same language spoken. Yea sure with a change of accent depending on where you are.

Xaaji to answer you're question, the root of our problem is lack of resources.

Not really there are enough resources fishery oil gas rivers bananas but even with all those resources it doesn't really matter Somalia needs start proper industry in the country invest in human resources that's the best way forward. Somalis always blame the west for their own shortcomings intay wadankoodi so burburiyeen bay yidhahaan gaalada ka danbeysey maya adiga istupidh ah dalkaagi so burburiyey gaaladuna way ka faiideysanayan uun nothing else.

Welcome to SOL Nudawn. So you know all of us interesting. Why haven't you become a member sooner if you were lurking around for a long time?

Avoid the politics section or you will lose your head :)