Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Tips from a former smoker.

Abwaan   

Scary. Ilaahay ha u fududeeyo qofkii reer SOL ah ee sigaar dhib ku hayo. Ramadaanka haka faa'iideysteen.

Aaliyyah   

I didn't watch these videos. But, I don't think anyone needs anyone to tell them how dangerous smoking is..

Stop smoking folks. For your own good, and your families' sake as well.

salaam

Qamriga ayaa ka wada xun but somehow gaalada qamri caadi ayee ka dhigeen. Abkoow kii sigaar la dhahaaye ayaa weerar ba'an lagu haayaa in the last 15 years. Baakadihii sigaarka sawiro foolxun grisly images ah lagu wada sawiray si dadka lagu sasiyo; sigaar lama xayeysiin karo; dukaamada gadaayo waa inay qariyaan oo wax la kor saaro; triple taxing it; meel gudo ah (indoors) whatsoever laguma cabi karo; meelaha qaarkoodna gaarigaaga dhexdiis xataa kuma cabi kartid. All this controlling is fine, but qamriga in saas loo takooro iyo si ka daran ayee ku habooneyd, too.

I have never smoked sigaar, but I can't stand the sheer hypocrisy of Reer Galbeedkaan.

Nin-Yaaban;846993 wrote:
Cigaarka vs. Sishada. keebaa xun?

Shisha is 450 times more dangerous and harmful then a cigarette. One session of smoking shisha is the same as smoking 200 cigarettes so next time you think of picking up that water pipe think about it. Another reason why you shouldn't smoke shisha or cigarette is because it's the resident of the jinn as they live in all impure things and places. Which means your chances of being possessed by a jinn become very high.

Showqi   

Bluelicious;864364 wrote:
Another reason why you shouldn't smoke shisha or cigarette is because it's the resident of the jinn as they live in all impure things and places. Which means your chances of being possessed by a jinn become very high.

Oo iminka ma waxaad leedahay Oba markasta uu sigaar cabo wuxuu 2bo saacadood dibada u meereysanaayo waa nin Jinniyo qaba...;):D

Ps. Oba Sigaarka waxa uu ku sheegay balaayo. In my books balaayo iyo Jinniyo waa isku mid:D

Showqi;864466 wrote:
Oo iminka ma waxaad leedahay
Oba
markasta uu sigaar cabo wuxuu 2bo saacadood dibada u meereysanaayo waa nin Jinniyo qaba...
;):D

Ps. Oba Sigaarka waxa uu ku sheegay balaayo. In my books balaayo iyo Jinniyo waa isku mid:D

Loooool could be maybe who knows There are worse people around then Oba :P

Ever wondered why most accidents and murders etc all happen at night?

Maarodi   

Bluelicious;864364 wrote:
Shisha is 450 times more dangerous and harmful then a cigarette. One session of smoking shisha is the same as smoking 200 cigarettes so next time you think of picking up that water pipe think about it ...

True, and I also heard that shisha is worse because you spend sometimes hrs smoking it whereas a cigarette lasts a couple of minutes.

"Hookah smokers may actually inhale more tobacco smoke than cigarette smokers do because of the large volume of smoke they inhale in one smoking session, which can last as long as 60 minutes." (More from the Mayo Clinc)

It makes me sad when I see teenagers especially Somali ones smoking their life away, even ladies are smoking it up now-a-days.

Thanks for posting this message, we have to keep reinforcing this message over and over again in the hopes that it might be helpful to someone somewhere.

Maarodi   

Oh and also I've seen those commercials but the two that stood out for me were

This one:

and this one:

It breaks my heart.

Maarodi;864510 wrote:
True, and I also heard that shisha is worse because you spend sometimes hrs smoking it whereas a cigarette lasts a couple of minutes.

"Hookah smokers may actually inhale more tobacco smoke than cigarette smokers do because of the large volume of smoke they inhale in one smoking session, which can last as long as 60 minutes." (
)

It makes me sad when I see teenagers especially Somali ones smoking their life away, even ladies are smoking it up now-a-days.

Thanks for posting this message, we have to keep reinforcing this message over and over again in the hopes that it might be helpful to someone somewhere.

I know you are right to many Somali teenagers and adolescents think they are better smoking shisha little do they know that it's much more harmful and dangerous to your health than if you would have smoked a cigarette. I find it sad too to see them smoke and killing themselfs and them thinking as if a cigarette or shisha won't harm them.

Every reader who sees our comments can benefit from it in a way and who knows maybe that will inspire them to stop smoking and even pass it down to their family and friends. Everybody should be aware of the harms of smoking it's not a light matter as these people of the commercials are a living proof of it.

I once came across this picture and it always stuck with me:

df04635b-c43d-4264-8ffb-a119d600de00.jpg