Sign in to follow this  
askme

condom xalal or not?

Bess.   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

It's very funny though how most of the respondents are ladies!

HOW IS THAT FUNNY?... :rolleyes: ...

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

I don't choice but to respond, so excuse the tone of my language if it disturbs you little bit. The talk of condoms aren't my territory you know.

I don't really have much time in my hands at the moment to try to quote hadiths from the Prophet SCW, but I will momentarily provide with what I have grasped from my readings and lectures that I attend from local Masjids.

There is no place in the Quran or in Hadiths that says condoms are probhibited offcourse, because it never existed at the time of the revelations, but it's a compliment to some other things, that we can take it as an evidence to try to prove why they are Haram or not.

In Islam, it's encouraged for us to have as many kids as possible, ONLY if you are married offcourse. If you are not married, you should know that sex is Haram period without questions asked.

We are not allowed to stop having kids if we have the means to produce them. However, if the wife is unable to carry a baby in the womb due to health issues , but yet is able to have intercourse with her husband, then I don't see any problems using it , because in that way the husband and the wife can still go on with their routine,and yet the wife doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant and being in risk of health problems that can occur afterwards if she gets pregnant.

Third, if the wife is healthy and is fully able to carry the baby in her womb and there are no alternative health reasons that would get in the way of her of carrying a baby, then there is no way you can use condom so that the wife won't get pregnant. Islam doesn't allow taking long breaks between babies if there are NO health reasons for it.

finally, only if the wife is in risk of health problems if she carries a baby, then yes I can't see why you couldn't, but if it's being used for the fun of it, then no way Jose.

RedSea   

Originally posted by besbaaso:

It's just little ackward of Somali ladies disgusing condoms with Somali guys. I mean has the culture where girls use to be ashamed of such topics behind us?

Naden   

Islam doesn't allow taking long breaks between babies if there are NO health reasons for it.

This is an unnecessary and unsubstantiated tahreem. There are a few forbidden behaviours in the Quran and contraception is not one of them. Some scholars may admonish against something but people can choose to take it or leave it in light of their understanding of the Quran.

Bess.   

Originally posted by Mr. Red Sea:

quote:Originally posted by besbaaso:

It's just little ackward of Somali ladies disgusing condoms with Somali guys. I mean has the culture where girls use to be ashamed of such topics behind us?
As I am a 4th yr med. student there is pretty much nothing that disgusts me about people and bodily functions....and I will not pretend to be ignorant to farther participate in ur notions of what is respectable and what a Somali woman is supposed to do. why don't u ask urself what has happened to that culture… indeed...maybe it has been decades since women were indoctrinated in that subduing culture where they had to be a certain way in order for them to be respected....Redsea ....welcome to the 21st century….seriously do u expect Somali women to act ignorant just because u r uncomfortable?...

There are a lot of things in which scholars have debated, and I think condom was one of them – I think condoms are not allowed in a marriage, I could be wrong – outside of a marriage they’re a necessity without a doubt – because you’re committing a sin and u don’t want *******s.

Kashafa   

Originally posted by askme:

I have a question

Is using that rubber permitted in the religion or not brothers?

Tell me only if you have knowledge about this topic and ONLY if you have got dhaliil ( evidence).

Jazakallahu kheiran

I don't know much but I do know that in Islamic fiqh, all things are considered halaal, unless there is evidence to the contrary. Alcohol at one point was considered halaal until the ayaat banning it were revealed. So the burden of proof lies on those saying condom use is haraam, which I haven't heard before.

Here's Shaykh Al-Munnajid's answer :

It is permissible to use condoms so long as this does not cause any harm and so long as both husband and wife consent to their use, because this is similar to ‘azl (coitus interruptus or “withdrawalâ€). But it reduces the sensation of pleasure, which is the right of both partners, and reduces the chance of conception, which is also the right of both partners. Neither one of them is allowed to deprive the other of these rights. (For more information, see Question #1100 and 566). And Allaah is the Source of strength.

By Red Sea:

We are not allowed to stop having kids if we have the means to produce them.

Third, if the wife is healthy and is fully able to carry the baby in her womb and there are no alternative health reasons that would get in the way of her of carrying a baby,
then there is no way you can use condom so that the wife won't get pregnant.

Islam doesn't allow taking long breaks between babies if there are NO health reasons for it.

Not allowed to stop having kids? Not allowed to take breaks between children? Are you kidding? Is marriage the equivalent of a breeding farm now? :eek:

If that was so, every couple would have had 40-odd children. Why doesn't that happen? Because it is not possible, that's why. Talk about wrong information. It is not 'give birth and go', you know?

Having children is encouraged in Islam (they are a blessing), but where does it say a couple MUST have children, and as MANY as possible??

It is really Allah's will whether any children materialise in a given union, however, it is very much the couple's choice whether they try for children or not. That right is not denied to either of them (as long as they both agree, otherwise the non-consenting partner can seek a divorce on that basis).

Also, contrary to your statement, family planning is very much encouraged in Islam. It is highly recommended that a woman breastfeeds her child for a full term of two years, so she can have a break and space her children well.

No woman in her right mind would sign up to giving birth every ten months until she hits her menopause.

Stop the misinformation.

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

Women should have no say in condoms, it has nothing to do with them or their bodies!

LoL @ Lily! Ma la yaabtay adiguna? Maybe the use/non-use of condoms in this case is for other purposes? :confused:

-Lily-   

^^^ Valenteenah, there is a lady we know who was at the hospital when my cousin was having her first child, she just gave birth to her 13th child and her teeth were falling out because of an illness that is related to lack of calcium. even if you have no health problems, believe me having 20 odd kids will definately give you health problems. Your body can only host so many guests.

GOSH, I thuaght SOLers where able to make up their minds on such simple issues, why even argue and counter argue.

birth control is a matter of indivual (couple) choice, how often they choose to have kids is down to them, and if science allows them to assistant in this matter so be it.