Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Is Dad the New Mom? The Rise of Stay-At-Home Fathers

According to the most recent Census, the number of stay-at-home fathers in the United States has more than doubled in the past 10 years -- up to 154,000. Yet, these at-home dads are still the exception to the traditional household and many treading in unchartered parenting waters.

ABC NEWS

I've no problems with fathers wanting to spend time with their babies and kids. I would be even happy to have such amazing man it says alot about such man. The only men who would be a stay-at-home fathers are men who love children and care about their well being. He cares about his child's development and wouldn't trust other people with his child like daycare's. Eventhough I grew up with having a maid at home from the day I was born throughout my first years my mom never used to let the maid take care of me she did it herself.

Wadani   

And the liberal agenda to fully emasculate men under the guise of progessiveness continues. Anoo nool maan is aaso intaan xaaskayga quutul daruuriga aan shaaha ku cabi lahaa ka sugayo.

Aaliyyah   

I agree with blue a man who wants to stay at home with his kids means he loves them and cares abt them. But, I personally wouldn't like the idea of a man sitting at home fully. But, rather if both are working outside then they should work around their schedule and figure out a way to be at home part time or something. I am completely against daycare. That's just one thing that I would never feel comfortable with especially when the kid is extremely young. And public daycares being pretty bad in my book. Perhaps there are good private daycares but even then hoyada qalbigeedu u dagayahay ilmaheedu oo dad qalaad gacantooda ku jira ayaan wali fahmi wayey. But each on his own.

Juxa   

he can love his kids after work and at weekends?

what you people trying to say? huh

Kool_Kat   

When I decided to return to work (got tired of the four green walls at home lol), my hubby took an extended leave of absence from work since we (mainly him though) felt the children were too young (5 and 1.5 yrs) to be in day care...It worked perfectly fine for nearly two years...

^^what happened after that ? btw - good to see you around.

Juxa :D

on the subject - i wanted to start thread that touches on this subject and societal attitude towards fathers who take care of their children, but got around to it. perhaps this thread will me the imputes i needed.

Aaliyyah   

Lol@four green walls. That is perfectly understandable. You have an amazing husband, and you are both a couple to take as an example. Daycare caruurta lugu tuuru waa wax xun oo gaalo caruurtaada ku koriso oo bari aad is af fahmi doonin ugumana jeedo luqad ahaan inkasto taasi dad badan haysati dhaqanka ayaan uga jeeday. With that been said, mashallah koolkat may Allah swt bless your family.

Juxa   

kids are resilient, they will bounce off and be fine (look at me maxaa iga halaabey huh)!

KK , taking extended leave or a career break for specific time is different then quiting and not working at all.

to be reasonable how about he works 4 days, and has 3 long days to spend with the kids!

sayid do you expect us to sanction inaad shaqada iska dhaafto? hell no

Kool_Kat   

Juxa, for someone who's very sweet and nearly melts around children, you sound so harsh! :P

Sayid, I now work three days and longer hours, and he works the four days...No amount of convincing will make him in caruurta day care lagu tuuro...lol As hard as it is we seem to be managing it well...

Aaliyah, thank you very much, aamiin...Mar marka qaarkood laakiin aabayaasha caruurta macangaga ku noqda inaan dharbaaxa kaga fujiyaa iqabata...:D

Juxa   

Kool_Kat;843481 wrote:
Juxa, for someone who's very sweet and nearly melts around children, you sound so harsh!
:P

I think maanta aad baad udaalantahay, sweet iyo aniga (kala dheer) balse i do love kids, who wont!

My point macaanto is for reasons only ayeeyo sokereey can understand, to me is very very important a man works. As you said a career break or extended leave is a possibility but i wont recommend '' i quit so i can be with my kids''

Kids need mustaqbal, they need education and decent life style. For that abaayo aabe needs inuu subixi kalaho, macawista xeyd-xeydto oo uu shaqo TAGOOOOO

ps: i am all for 4 maalmood aan shaqeeyo, adna sedex maalmood shaqee ( just so that hooyo can keep her sanity)

see i am having very macquul day, 20 min left and off to home

Aaliyyah   

Lool koolkat abayasha caruurtooda aad u jecel ee mucangag ku ah way yaryihiine dhaaf. Abaha nocaasa bari caruurtiisu aad ayeey u jeclanayan bari. That is why my dad is my life.

Kool_Kat   

Quit aa? And I support him with MY hard earned money? Hadaba we're on the same page...Nin walaahuu guri ii fadhin, I don't care caruurtiisa sida uu u jecelyahay...However, at times it might be worth it...(Intaadan i cunin bal iyara dhageyso)...Hadii aabaha uu income yar yahay oo eey hooyada ka lacag badan tahay, intii caruurta laga dhiibi lahaa thousands of dollars a month for child care, it might be worth it for the father to quit and look after his children while mommy shaqo aado...That's the only time I would probably accept inuu guri ii fadhiyo...

Wadani   

Kool kat, wat ur husband did is commendable, in that it was temporary and done to ensure the best interests of ur kids. But like juxa said, its just unbecoming of a man to permanently stop working.