Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Aqeedah Webinar ( Caqeedah Xalaqah)

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Br. Nur I was wondering if you could tell the differences of the madhabs, I have little knowledge of it, and I would definitely appreciate your in put.

Wa Salam.

Changed   

asalam caleykom

TO NUR: could u open ur session again for ramadan because i read the ur post and i think i learned alot :D

Haneefah   

^^I know eh..like an online halaqa...I only wish if I had so much time to read all of his posts...Masha'Allah, the brother is knowledgeable!

Nur   

Raxmah Sis

I made it my way never to bring the Mad-habs to these boards, these fiqh differences are for a more mature and scholarly audience, and at this stage it does more damage than good since most of the ( Nomads) Reer Guraaga I encounter on these pages are in their intellectual formative stage of the Deen, the best thing to present to them is simplicity not complication. But if you have specific topics in mind and you sish to see what other schools of thought say about it we can look up a Book called "al Fiqh Calal madhaahibil Arbaca." to quench your thirst for knowledge.

Miz_Unique sis

InshAllah, but before I do, I have to take a consensus of our audience of topics they would like to read in the month of Ramadan.

Nafisah sis

I pray Allah provides you with more time in which you learn your deen and do not forget to make duaa for me if anything I wrote benefited you in anyway, Duaa gets me going to difefernt hights so I can post more of my insights.

Nur

king_450   

I have to admit that not long ago, i used to run away the Islamic section, not cz i hate it, but i didn't have much clue about what was going on out here.But i have discovered once again ,to start re-learning all over again about the quran, my goal is to learn all by heart , which i never got chance when i was kid, since i have been most of my childhood in here, but that is not an excuse but the fact, thank God now i am concentrating to learn , since i got the chance , thanks to God. And brother Nur , you are really making this forum a much interesting and i applaud it to you, thank you for your contribution and the rest of you likewise. Now about the Madhabs this is what i have found out, it might shed some light , here is brothers/sisters

http://www.themodernreligion.com/madhab.html

Nur   

King 450 Bro.

Sorry for responding this latefor your remarks, I am glad for your feedback that the efforts of these nomads has attracted you to the Islam page of SOL.

The way I look at it, this is one of the most decent sites for exchanging views, thanks to the brothers ans siters who hosted me here and provided staunch support for my contributions, now I am stuck here, this is home, away from home.

Nur

Nur   

Ramadan Kareem Nomads

I am reposting this old page so we can share our knowledge of the Aqeedah issues, after revisiting this page today to see where I left off, I discovered many half baked great ideas in Aqeedah that can deliver sharp analogies of ambiguous concepts, so the strategy is to buyild on these issues like the Iman/computer security analogy etc.

I thus invite you all to:

1. Either post a question about the content of this page, since the answers to these questions will create a knowledgebase not confined to that subject matter, or

2. Clarify mistakes or answer questions that were not addressed by anyone.

Some of my best works on these boards were answers to questions from my readers, in case you have nor read the following piece, please enjoy, it never ceases to amaze me after all these years, at the time, it was a simple answer, but like all of my aswers, relatively well structured:

Aqeedah Basics

Note: This topic was generated by a question of a sister on another Forum who asked me if she was a Munafiq since she finds herself doing things that are not in line with her beliefs at times. The answer that I wrote hastely, without even checking punctuation or grammer appears below, and in the days that followed, the piece proved to be originally informative according to many readers who gave me a feedback on my post, so relac and read, and if you have thoughts , please add to it, nothing is complete except the word of Allah SWT."

Am I A Munafiq?

Well, that is a difficult question, first let us learn the relationship between iimaan, sin and kufr to see where nifaaq belongs.

1. No Soul will go to Jannah which is not a Muslim(a)

2. No one can be Muslim without Shahaada (Tawxiid)

3. Shahaada is information, we are required to believe in and bear witness thereof.

4. The test to see if we indeed believe in information represented by the Shahaada are our deeds:

So our faith is composed of a

A. set of Information we are required to believe.

B. Set of Commands we are ordered to obey

The extent of your belief in the information that our Prophet SAWS delivered is measured by the extent of orders that we obey.

In other words, our obedience to the orders of Allah, is a reflection of our belief in the information delivered to us.

So , Islam is composed of a two sets:

A) A set of information to be believed in, like Allah, Jannah, angels, etc .

B) A set of orders to abide with, such as Prayers, (Salat), Fasting, Upholding Justice, etc .

The orders are subdivided in to two categories:

1.Orders to do something

2.Orders to stay away from doing something

If Allah orders us to do something, and we fail to comply, the reason could be:

a. We do not believe in the information

b. We believe in it but we are arrogant

c. We are MENTALLY CHALLENGED

If (a) that is clear kufr

If (b) That is also kufr, the type of Sheitan

If © We may be the same case like a crazy person, Mentally Challenged, no responsibility.

If we are ordered to stay away from something, and we do not, we have the following scenario:

a. We do not believe in the information b. We are arrogant

c. We can not resist temptation

d. We are MENTALLY CHALLENGED

All but case © are covered above.

If case © is the situation, then that is called disobedience (Sin)(Macsiyah) and it is what Adam and Eve , (Hawaa) aleyhimaa assalaam have committed. It does not make one a kaafir by itself. ( The Khawaarij are the only to claim that a sin can make one a Kafir )

To generalize the above.

If a person does something he is ordered not to do, the driver is more likely weakness against temptation, and that person is not a kaafir, this is the case of Adam and Eve, Aleyhimaa assalaam .

If a person refuses to do something he is ordered to do, the driver of his action is more likely arrogance, like the case of Sheitan .

Now we visit a new territory:

There is a principle for detecting iiman ( Faith) levels developed by Sheikh Ibn Taymiyah. Called (Talaazumul Dhaahir wal Baatin )( Synregy of the Apparent actions of a person with the Hidden Motives within the consciousness )

I will simplify it for you again.

The inside beliefs and the outward actions of a person are always working in harmony. Except when an outside disturbance influences that person attention. When as a result, the outwardly actions of that person projects and acts contrary of what is supposed to be inside .

Meaning.

In Systems Science, when we input a signal into a balanced system, we observe an output that reflects the shape of the original signal output + the function of the signal that operated on the system.

In the absence of outside disturbance, we can always predict the output. But when an outside element disturbs the system, the output will not be predictable.

A person who is a kaafir therefore will normally act as a kaafir. Sabeelul kaafireen

And a person who is a muslim will always act like a Muslim. Sabeelul Mumineen

In general, if you leave anyone alone, what he/she does is reflecting what they believe . But the minute that person feels that he/she is being observed, that feeling will somewhat effect the action of that person.

An example is when you catch a child making funny faces on a mirror the child will immediately alter his behaviour to an acceptable manner. This is called conforming.

So, when a Kaafir lives with Muslims, he may act like Muslim, to avoid problems. He is called a Munaafiq .

And a Muslim who lives with Kufaar may at times act like kuffar, to avoid problems. He is called Mukrah .

Now, a Somali Nomad who lives in Somalia, USA or Europe, is free to practice his faith, so if that person does not practice, or he acts contrary to his faiths tenets, his actions are an indicators of what is missing in his heart. In this case the actions or their absence are an indictor of the iimaan inside that person.

However a Muslim who lives in tyranny, his actions may not be indicator of his belief. Because, if this person practices his faith, he is afraid for his life. As a result this person conceals his faith portraying himself as non Muslim, when in effect he fully believes his faith and is willing tp practise it to the fullest if he was not afraid. His fear, though could be justifiable or may be unjustifiable, in which case he is in grave error.

Allah says : Are they same he who spends all his nights praying and prostrating, alert for aakhirah, and the one who is in darkness..............................."

Nasalu Allaha al caafiyah. Aamin

Walllahu aclam.

Nur

Complements of The Archives of e-Nuri and Company .

Nasalu Allaha al caafiyah. Aamin

2000 Nurtel Communications Old Edition

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

Second Aqeedah Question :

This article was also prompted by a similar question that I have answered in plain English, My way is always keep things as simple as possible, because the majority of people are indeed simple, not scholarly, again enjoy the simplicity of Aqeedah, brainteasers are not my cup of Caano Geel, so enjooy reading:

Levels of Faith ( IIMAAN).

A viewer with screenname Johnny Jake asked me on another thread if there are different levels of being a Muslim:

Here is the answer I posted 2 Years ago:

Bismillah, wa bihi nastaciin

Islam literally means submission to a higher authority .

As such, one gives up his power over his life at will, taking direction of how to live from that higher source.

To be a Muslim, just like graduating from college, there is minimum requirements. Once these minimum requirements are met, a person is a muslim.

Islam is composed of a word to utter and actions to perform

The word to utter is further divided into two categories.

A. The word of the heart, which is belief in what has been revealed .

B. The word of the mouth, which is uttering the manifestation of the singularity of the authority that created the universe and everything in it, and following the course of the messenger who delivered this mesage .

Deeds are further divided in to two parts.

A. Deeds of the heart, which is the intention that drives our actions .

B. Physical deeds, like prayers, fasting etc.

If a person does not utter the word of the heart, meaning he does not believe, he is not a Muslim

If a person does not utter the word of the mouth, eventough he believes in his heart, he is not Muslim, he is like Sheitan, or Abi talib , the uncle of the prophet SAWS.

If a person's heart does not do the deeds of the heart, meaning he has no intention to do something, that person, is not a Mulsim, The prophet said " (Inamaal aamalu bil niyaat) the validity of deeds are conditional to having the right intention(NIYA). That is why manslaughter is a lesser charge than murder, because the accused did not intend to kill, no (NIYA).

If a person does not do physical deeds, Like salaat, fasting etc. then, we look into what motivates that person to do or not to do what he is been ordered or prohibited from.

If he does not do what has been ordered to do, that person is usually driven by disbelief, arrogance, or he is Mentally Challenged (SAFAAHA). All of which make him not a Muslim, except for a Mentally Challenged person, which wholly or partially makes him unaccountable to his deeds ( SAFEEH)

If he does something prohibited, he is more likely driven by strong desire or Lust, arrogance, disbelief or being Mentally Challenged( SAFAAHA). All but Lust will make him a non-Muslim,

Doing something prohibited because of lust and uncontrollable desire, is called a (MACSIYA) a SIN and it does not make a person by itself a non-Muslim. Accumulation of sins lead to disbelief in the long run though, just like sand pepples form mountains, A Muslim, therefore, does not trivilize sins, but looks up to the importance of the authority that he/she is disobeying.

Wa Salaamu Alaa man ittabaca al hudaa.

2000 Nurtel Communications

Paradise is Possible Summer Campaign

Nur

Nur   

Q. What is the Aqeedah concept of Al Walaa and Al Baraa ?

A question posed by Nomad Hanif, her was my answer:

Bismillah wa bihi nastaciin.

Hanif bro.

Jazaakallahu Khairan for posing a great question at the most needed time ever, a time when issues got mixed up, and fundemental concept in Islam got intangled with whims and desires.

Before we define the concept of Al Walaa and Al Baraa in Islam, let me congratulate you for picking one of the most Tawxiid centric screen names, Hanif, is an outstanding name, it actually desctibes the concept for which you are seeking an answer for.

Hanif, means a person who always is searching to connect with his maker and away from any other diversion, a person, who seeks Allah SWT, but at the same time diverging away from offering his services to othet than Allah SWT, in that sense, the name Hanif is one coin, depicting walaa on one side and baraa on the other. Abraham, the patriarch of all Monotheits was one such a Hanif, Allah SWT called him Hanifan Musliman, Navigating his way to Allah always and submittinh his will to Allah( True Jews at their time, true Christians at their time and True Muslims all allign themselves with Abraham central concept, because Abraham was the Father of Islam ( submission and allegiance to Allah alone).) ,

Abrahams legacy was that of true devotion to Allah SWT and denial of other forms of subjugation to creatures, be they humans, animals ar objetcs. Abrahams famous statement was " Innaa bura-aa- u, minkum wa mimmaa tacbuduuna min duunillaahi, kafarnaaa bikum, wa badaa beinanaa wa baynakum al cadaawata wal baghdaa-a, xataa tuminuu billaahi waxdah " meaning " We are indeed disowning you ( since you are criminals by worshipping other than Allah)and we further disassociate ourselves with all that you worship other than Allah, ( and because of this disownment and disassociation) clear enemity and hatred is apparent between us, up untill ( you repent) and worship Allah alone "

For that bold statement, Allah honored Abraham by calling him Hanif ( mid ka soo issha waxaan Allah aheyn), Allah further instructed believers to make Abraham thier example for his brave stand against his very own tribe and father, and for his partying ways with his people on the basis of belief in Allah.

Abraham's word of Walaa and Baraa, became the center principle of islam, Allah SWT says : Wa jacalahaa kalimatan baaqiyatan fii caqibihi lacallahum yarjicuun " meaning, " Allah made (that word of Abraaham) a legacy word after (Abraham) so that (Poeple) can refer back to (that word whenever they get lost from the true path of Allah ).

That word, of Walaa and Baraa, took the present form under the Messneger of Allah Muhammad SAWS when he declared " Laa Elaaha illaa Allah' no allegiance to any other Sovereign other than Allah as the only rightful Sovereign.

Allah SWT mentioned this concept in numerous verses in Quraan : " Ucbuduu Allah wajtanibuu Al Taaaghuut" Serve Allah, and stay away from the Service of transgressors" Taghuut in Arabic comes from the root Daghaa, which is when a measured quantity crosses thershold or its limits. So , any human who claims to have devine rights becomes Dhaguut in that sense, which exactly what Pharaoh of Egypt has claimed when he was subjugating the helpless slaves of the Children of Israel. Pharoah calimed " Maa calimtu lakum min ilaahin gheirii " meaning, I know of no other Sovereign except me to rule over you"

Walaa in Arabic has the root of Yalii, meaning: following, Walaa comes from the noun Waliyy ( friend, closest to you, caretaker, overseer, defender, stake owner ). So, in that regard, Walaa means the concept that assigns Allah alone to be ( friend, closest to you, caretaker, overseer, defender, stake owner ) for a believer by virtue of his creation of the same.

Walaa, therefore is the result of love of Allah, because once you assign all the above qualities to Allah alone like Abraham defined who should be his Waliyy : " The one who created me, so he(only) can guide me, and the One who feeds and quenches me, and when I get sick, Allah is the one who cures, And the one who will (finally) cause me to die and the will resurruct me, and in the day of judgement the one with whom i place my hopes to forgive my sin, Once you believe in these favors, you can not allig yourself with other than Allah SWT, you cant help but love Allah with all your soul and body and mind, a sign that you Allah also is reciprocating that love for you.

Walaa of Allah SWT, therefore is born out of love of Allah. Allah SWT says in holy Quraan : Innamaa waliyyukumullahu wa rasuuluhu walladiina aamanuu" " Your Waliyy, is indeed Allah SWT, his Messneger and the believers. This verse clearly draws the meaning of Walaa to be the ultimate alligiance which is much higher than any other temporal or worldly allegiances that are born out of passing interests of the lowly life of this world, while Allah SWT is calling believrs for a better life in the hereafter if the form allegiance with Allah who will deliver his promises unlike humans who always let you down and betray you when you count on them in difficult times.

Baraa, on the other hand is the exact opposit of the Walaa concept, total disowing, disassociation, cutting of sympathy, due to the crime of disbelief in Allah SWT and befriending their enemy Satan..

The word Baraa has roots in (Ba ri ah) among its derivatives, is healing from an ailment, clearing your stand that you are not of a crime that is committed by a group or a person.

In ancinet times, one wars brake out between tribes, neutral tribes had to show their Baraa-ah ( they are not part of the warring parties) so that they are not drawn to an unjust war or to pay the price of being a supprort of a party.

Allah SWT instructs believers in Suurah al Kaafiroon ( The unbelievers) : " Say o ye unbelievers, I do not worship that you worship, and you do not worship that which I worship..... to you is your way of life(which is based on your beliefs) and to me is my way of life ( based on my beliefs).

When Abraham practiced Baraa ah of his people, Allah SWT blessed him with the following:

1. Children at old age ( he had Ishmael and Issac)

2. His Children and decendents were honored to become leaders for mankind, Allah said to Abraham" I will make you a leader to mankind, Abraham then asked " And my decendents?" Allah responded, transgressors of your progeny are not to benefit from this offer.

3. The house Abraham built for Allah in Mecca was accepted.

4.. He was given the title khalil ul Allah ( Allah's friend).

This topic is much deeper than I could respond to this thread, inshAllah when I get around to it again, I shall add more of my thoughts, till then, hold the rope of Allah tight, do not differ on the eventual purpose of being true servants of Allah SWT alone.

To be contiuned

2005 i-Nuuri Caqiidah First, Somaliaonline Summer Program.

If You Dont take a Stand For Allah Alone, Y'd Fall For Anything Else

Nur

Nur   

Aqeedah Concepts and Terminology Series

What is Istixlaal?

Istixlaal

A Somali aquaintance of mine once approached me with the weirdest request ever: He asked me if I could arrange his marriage ceremony with his Somali live-in girl friend. I gues in this time and age, we Somalis have come a long way from days we consdiered such living arrangements as non acceptable to even utter. Enter the twenty first century, oh boy!, do I feel a stranger in a fast paced world?

I asked the guy, " why he wanted to go through the trouble of marriage if he is already living with the woman?" he said, " she is worried about her folks ", and that was the only consideration in his and her minds, they see absolutely nothing wrong with cohabitation. welcome to the Aqeedah principle of Istixlaal or (Banneysi) as brother Baashi put it.

I declined NOT to get involved, but in the days that follwed that incidence, the discussion trigerred a yearning to read on aqeedah books about the ruling of such situations and people.

I knew that humans are prone to sin, and that a sin is not kufr in itself but can lead to kufr, just like an ailment is not death but can lead to death, however, I wanted to know where is the borderline that divides a sin from blatant kufr.

These days, amid the confusion and arguments about violations of islamic principles, we find that some Muslims would jump the gun on anyone to declare them a kafir without the blink of an eye, while on the other side, some Muslims would always find an excuse for anyone who no matter how extreme their actions or views are.

Usually, when the latter group comes to the defence of a Sinner who commits a sin that is tanatamount to Kufr, they say that if the sinner who committed a Kufr action or said a Kufr word believes that his actions and words were not halaal, then he is a sinner not a kafir, on the other hand, theys say if he is unrepentent and believes that he did nothing wrong, then he is a kafir.

The above classification is very popular among many present day scholars of the sharia, although there is no clear proof ( Daleel) from the Sharia, Quraan and the Sunnah to support such statement.

The earliest recorded incidence in which such argument was used that i could find was during Al Qadi Ciyaadh's time when a man in Iraq was reported to have insulted the Prophet SAWS. The scholars at the time differed, some ruling that the man became a kafir for insulting the prophet SAWS, and others maintained that if the man considered his action to be halaal, then he was kaafir, if on the other hand, he believed that his insults were not halaal, then his insult is a sin.

The problem with the above is that, the Qaadi Ciyaadh reported it from Mutakallimin ( Polemics masters) in Iraq who were not considered competent in Sharia at their times. Ibn Taymia in his famous book, Al Sarimul Masluul, says that the above classification has no oigin ( ASL) in Quraan and Sunnah.

The Salaf of the Ummah are in consensus that if anyone commits an action that is in the Kufr category, that the person becomes a kafir, regardless if he claims his actions halaal or not, because the fact that the person is not repenting from his deeds is sufficient to prove that he considers his actions or words to be halaal. Because iimaan ( belief) and Kufr are abstracts, we detect their existence through their fruits; actions or words, so whenever an action that is deemed to be iimaan is done, the we say that person is Mumin, according to the Hadeeth that if a man is seen praying regularly in the Masjid, we should become his witnesses that he is a believer, likewise, if a person commits an action that has no other explanation other than being a blatant disregard of our faith, then that person is what he has said or does, we should not separate the crime from the criminal.

In conclusion, if a person does an action that is Nifaaq, or kufr, then he becomes either a Munafiq or a kafir due to his actions, because iimaan is qowl and camal, deeds and words, and the words are further divided to words of the mouth, which require to be verified by actions, according to the Hadeeth, that iimaan is something in the heart, verified by deeds.

Walllahu aclam.

Nur

Nur   

Dalmar bro.

A good article, i usually think simple, and Tawheed is meant to be simple for all humans to grasp, not an intellectual mind teaser, a concept that does not require a PhD to understand.

Towheed can be classified in many ways, depending on the context.

Tawheed In terms of relationship between man and His maker

TAWAJJUH meaning seeking ALLAH and serving Him ALONE

TALAQII meaning receiveing guidance from ALLAH ALONE

Major classifications of TAWHEED

ULUUHIYA = Absolute supremacy, , sovereignty, Source of peace, ultimate objective of love, emotional attachment and devotion.

RUBOOBIA = Ownership, care taker, leadership, source of guidance.

SIFAAT AND NAMES = Nature and Characteristics of Allah, and the descriptive attributes of Allah

Before we subdivide ULUUHIYA, we need to define the term ilaah

a. ilaah means source of REAL security, hence need for seeking Him in prayers and offerings Shacaa ir

b. ilaah means sovereign, hence need for seeking his commandments as criterion for justice HUKUM

c. ilaah means the closest one to us, hence need for an ally and protector.

Subdivision of ULUHIYA TAWHEED

1. TAWHEED ASH SHACAA'IR. "INNA SALAATII WA NUSUKII WA MAXYAAY WA MAMAATII LILLAH" " Verily my prayers, my offereings, my life and death are all dedicated for Allah alone"

2. TAWHEED AL WALAA " Afa gheyra Allahi attakhidu waliyaa" " shall i give my allegiance to other than Allah?"

3. TAWHEED AL HAAKIMIYYAH " Afa gheyra Allahi attakhidu hakaman?" shall i take other than Allah for a judge?"

From the above, we see tha Hakimiyyah is an integral part in uluuhiya.

wallahu aclam.

Nur

2004 e-Nuri Aqeedah Analytics

Nur   

Concepts of Islamic aqeedah

1. Tawakkul

The concept known as tawakkul means "to delegate one's concerns to another to dispose it in a favorable way" , a short word for such a long meaning, that is the Arabic language power of description.

Allah says in Quraan " Wa man yatawakkal cala Allah fa huwa xasbuh" he who delegates his concerns to Allah, then he can indeed count on Allah.

Allah also says " Inna Allah yuxibbu almutawkiliin" Allah loves those who delegate their concerns to (Him)"

Allah SWT also says " A leysa Allah bi kaafin cabdah?" Isnt Allah fully capable to protect his servant?"

In this life of ours, in this age and time, complexity is the norm, not simplicity, and when things get too complex, chances of things going wrong increase, as humans, we have a finite amount of alertness and precaution, but because everything we deal with is getting complex, at the least, we are prone to goof if not make a gigantic errors of judgement.

To sail these rough waters of unpredictability, just like the real sailing and seafaring when things get really scary and rough, we do all we can before we sail, we make sure that we account for all possible dangers and needs, then we sail, realizing that things we know that we dont know, to be only a fraction of things we dont know that we dont know. So, we sail the high seas of this life with confidence of things we know, but never thinking seriously about things that we dont know that we dont know.

Suddenly, in the middle of the ocean of life, we face a Tsunami, with waves so high, as to form a towering ceiling of a wave on top of it there is another wave yet on top of all shrouds intense darkness, so dark is the surroundings that if we take a look at our own hand, we can not see.

Now, we have done all we are capapble of doing, taken all precautions, but this situation was never ever in our minds, it was one of those things we did not know that we did not know.

Tawakul, is for such situations, and it is not cashed at the moment, like an insurance policy, you have to subscribe to it before you run out of tricks.

inshaAllah, like brother Salaaxuddin suggested we shalll examine this great topic from many aspects, such as:

- the true meaning of Tawakal as opposed to Tawaakul ( Laziness)

- some of the misunderstandings of Tawakal amongst the Muslims of today.

- the win/win concept of Tawakal (after you have put in your best effort - to tawakal - and whatever happens is good for you in the end)

Coming soon!

Tawakal in these areas:

- spritual/faith

- financial/business

- social/relationships

To be continued..................................

2005 e-Nuri Ahlu Sunnah Aqeedah Principles

Simple is Better