Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

The Anatomy of a Husband

Taleexi   

By: Hassan M. Abukar

May 25, 2012

A Somali woman here in the US—with whom I have been acquainted for more than 10 years—has recently told me that her husband of 8 years is into something. She has grown suspicious of him because he has started taking annual trips to East Africa, something he did not do before. I happen to be a close friend of a man who is a confidante of her husband.

“Can you check that for me?” she asked.

My first reaction was one of bafflement. When I told her that I wouldn’t do it because I thought the whole request was, not only, unethical but rather bizarre, she began to recite a litany of complaints about her husband.

“He is in this marriage because he loves the good life that I have provided for him,” she said.

Her husband, on the surface, is a gentle, kind, loyal, hard-working, and highly educated man who is close and kind to her family. She is active in her community, and the husband is the one who is perfectly content to be in the background. If there is anything unusual about this couple’s relationship--barring the unknown—it is the glaring disparity in their income. The wife is a doctor who makes four times what the husband, a social worker, does. However, he has been gainfully employed since I met him more than a decade ago.

Read more: http://wardheernews.com/Articles_12/May/Hassan_Abukar/25_anatomy_of_a_husband.html

Coofle   

Taleexi;835151 wrote:

“He is in this marriage because he loves the good life that I have provided for him,” she said

Ha laguu manno sheegto waa Mushkilo inteeda leeg....But in this Case, iyada ayaa gar leh,,,,,

I usually don't read long Articles, but This article have attracted me in certain way!!!

~I agree with Some ideas in the article, Marriage is all about stability ....But again the Article proved my theory right! Age is determining factor for Women...Above 30 years "Yaa alaah bay ka taagantahay" dumarka...Haasaawe is beautiful and intriguing with younger nubile girls "mukurka iyo macaanaynta waaba intay ku wacanyihiin", older women tend to be serious and straight forward,,,,

Coofle   

Taleexi;835163 wrote:
The beauty of life is: Biological clock does not discriminate ... ma kala taqaano D-ir iyo Da-rod
:)

looolzzz...Aad iyo aad...

raula   

Taleexi;835151 wrote:
By: Hassan M. Abukar

May 25, 2012

who is close and kind to her family. She is active in her community, and the husband is the one who is perfectly content to be in the background.

Taleexi..i won't find it bizarre as it happens in our community often..Unethical..perhaps--I am sure you have been cautioned trying to mediate between couples... nonetheless her concerns are legitimate...until otherwise proven. Now you mentioned HER FAMILY...well hasn't she been good to his family & his well being as well? Do they have a family of their own? They should talk & work their issues out..since they seem to be enlightened to know that something has changed in their lives. Maybe he should invite her to this trips (yes her schedule is busy) but docs get some time off ...

Juxa   

waa islaan dulmi badan runtii, kute she wants the life she provides

horaa loo yiri xoolo dumar dhurwaaga haduu ogaan lahaa ma cuneen! so true

NGONGE   

Oops! I made a couple of visits to Somaliland in the past couple of years. :D

As for the article itself, I can't stand the idea of talking about your marriage to anyone. Worse still, I could never understand how Somalis do it. The rest is stuff and nonesense.

A_Khadar   

^^ I'ts stuff and nonesense because of Taleexi wrote it?

Good read, touches lots of reality and life points of marriage and relations..

NGONGE   

^^ Seriously, Khadar? :D

p.s.

Taleexi simply posted an article from another site. My opinions regarding that make no difference to him (unless you consider your friend a school kid that gets worked up over every throw away comment he sees, of course). This is Wardheer News by the way, A&T's second home. Wax fahan. ;)

Salsabil   

rudy-Diiriye;836061 wrote:
Remember hes allow 4 wives! whats the big here! let him take advantage of his options!! long live islam. i have one more to go!! next........

May Allah have mercy on the them! After that post I think you might be having 4 vacant postions lol.