Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Living good married life: A Proper Geeljire’s Guide

Abtigiis   

The man who proferred this advice to me is living happy. He says sticking to these strong principles and practices made the difference after 3 earlier failed marriages.

The Guide

1)First of all, if you want to disappear on Sunday – to see your girlfriend, for hot Shisha, or whatever, make sure you take your family out on Saturday and carry the children in front of their mother the whole day to leave that lasting impression of a responsible and caring father. It is not enough to look a good father; you should dine out in the evening with the wife at a place of her choice and buy gifts to her to also appear like a loving husband. Once you do this, you would have saved enough credit (airtime), with which you could date or dance elsewhere the whole of Sunday. If the wife turns petulant and asks where you were in Sunday, get angry, and sleep the night fuming and skip family outing the next week. Also beat one of the children if possible and the circumstances allow you to do that, to register the chastising point that interfering with your leisure days brings trouble for everyone.

2)Always mention the names of your friends or people your friends know who have just married a second wife. You can present it as a bad and irresponsible thing, or you can joke about the feat they are having. But make sure the wife knows there is this window of opportunity should it get to it. It is a necessary castigatory ploy a seasoned geeljire must employ to get peace at home.

3)Openly ridicule the time people waste on visiting sick relatives and attending funerals, a day or so after she has been to one of these social occasions which was not from your own family side. You can make your point more moral if there is a sick child at home who needed care that day, or if something useful was broken at home. Do not nag her; say it as a matter of fact with an air of resignation. Say giving money to relatives, along female genital mutilation, is one of the most harmful traditional practices that our society should get rid of.

4)If she invites her people at home for lunch or dinner, disappear and later say you thought this was a private party for her female friends and you did not see any reason why you have to be there. In fact, stress the fact that you do not like male and female’s mixing up. If she gets any evidence of you doing this outside the home, register the point that outside dealings are completely different than how a Muslim house should be governed.

NGONGE   

The title of the thread is an apt one. A geeljire's guide indeed. :D

Women are mad and no matter how many plans, tricks or ploys you devise to trick them you will still not get the upper hand. Either dominate them with a through beating (which is not something I'd recommend to any god fearing and morally upright person) or just give in and buy your peace of mind (which I would recommend to any god fearing and morally upright person). In other words, ma cala al majnoon xaraj.

Lool @ Ma cala almajnon xaraj :D

Tanaa kasii daran:

giving money to relatives, along female genital mutilation, is one of the most harmful traditional practices that our society should get rid of.

:D

I call upon the sanity of the Admin to ban all these senior SOL male members, dadki wee fasahaadiyeen, halaga qabto meesha :D

Juxa   

loool!

geel jire ka lugooyo badan maleh! for all its worth 15% discount for your next divorce

men are mad:)

Abtigiis   

NG, Number is one is more relevant. The rest is plain nonesense. I have this other friend who keeps on telling me haweenka labadaada jeeb midna lama baro. labada jeeb mid unbaan gartay markii horee. :D

^What do you mean by Haweenka here? Are you talking about wife or other woman?

Mideese garatayna, bal sheeg aan kuu saxee haday kaa khaldantahay.

MUSTAFE, ma adoo aabo ah, ayaad GF uwareegi?? ninyahow inteed kabiya cabtaa? waad dhibantahay sidaan u arko, ee bal arman nairobi isku aragnaa sxbow,

every man knows how to, there's NO one straight-line technique for survival. by hook or crook, life has to continue, and some men must cheat, albeit cheating being bad.

Abtigiis   

What is this shar'arke? Naming and shaming? :D waryaa not all names exchanged in PM are the correct ones!

Anyway, actually having a girlfriend ( not a fixed one but for a very short period every six months or on annual basis) makes family life nice as guilt-ridden men do everything for their wife to atone for their carnal indiscretions. So says a kenyan woman colleague of mine. "he wants to feel the new girls and go on the top of the mountain"? Let him do that but once that ephemeral excitement is over, he should refocus on me and the family, and of course i shouldn't know about his outside things".

Abtigiis;830231 wrote:
What is this
shar'arke
? Naming and shaming?
:D
waryaa not all names exchanged in PM are the correct ones!

lol@abtigiis<<< aad aan uqoslay runti.

just admit. you are being polygamous for the wrong reason.

a father is worth respect,, ee gabdhihi mid quraanka bogtay horta majirtaa? lol.

lol@sharmarke and his question...

Abtigiis,wrote this under the influence of xidido green ah.(case in point, "hot shiisha" kuye, as if there is a cold shiisha). I am suspecting "hot girl friend for shiisha" ayuu rabay inuu dhaho,but marqaanka ka tan badiye?!..

Aaliyyah   

Dumb guidelines..minus the last one. If the lady wants her friends over a man shouldnt even be there. He should disappear..taas uun baaban kugu raacay LOL

Abtigiis   

Faarax, war anigu hot shiisha iyo hot girl toona waxay ii tahay SOL. Boqol jeer baan arintaa sheegay ee wax i maqla markaan waayey ayaan dusha ku qaatay. :D shiisha urkiisa waaban ku xanuunsadaa! I don't mind gabdho i ag fadhiista laakin waana haynba oo i am yet to find wax yidhaa aan ku ag fadhiistaba!

Ragga aan saaxiibada nahay maalin walba message 'iove u' ama ' i miss u' ama 'when can i see you' ah baa u soo dhaca oo ay i tusaan to my utter dismay, anigana 'i love you' waxaa maqlaa uun markay xaadadu mexican ama turkish filin daawanayso.

Blessed   

He is clearly not satisfied by the marriage. She has to deal with a nagging, cheating miser and the children are forced to live with unhappy parents and a father who slaps them about so he can get it with some next xalimo... how is that a good marriage? What would make things interesting is if she chopped his bits off and left him for a better man.