Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Texting

Jacpher   

Without texting, where would the world be?

I get far more text than calls each day. It is a time consuming task and unproductive to look up a number, dial it, hold the phone to your ear, wait for someone to answer, say salaam and sometimes long salaam, and finally get to the point and than wait for a response. Ugggg.... ..almost too tired. Texting is one step process, tell Siri to text and watch it happen.

Aaliyyah   

Grasshopper, you are right smetimes it is good to text to convey one point..I'm talking abt writing way too detailed responses.

Abwaan, Iol I was not talking about that. Mid aan jeclahay haduu buranbur igu amanayo ama poem isoo diro waxba kama qabi laheen. Where my response would be "thanks you are sweet" lol but I'm talking abt ppl expecting detailed text I mean I would have to adress every lil detail.

Farax, never saw the appeal to twitting. Dnt plan to get one either.

Blessed lol sis waa runta horta oo maba wacna in dadka la isku dhadhajiyo..laakin I do believe in keeping in touch with selected few ppl that I admire their personality and value their friendship. I am very picky myself. I remember in uni some girls going " hey aaliyah where have you been hiding lol" like I am not hiding I'm just not your friend. Of course I never say that. But, never saw the appeal to hang out with every girl that crosses my path.. Like some others. Everyone has their prefewrence. For some its about quantity they want to have as many friends as they can get other its about quality having really valuable friendship with few..

Aaliyyah   

Showqi that's nice

Alpha lol if they are your friend then you should just ignore their bad telephone voice and still call them

Narniah makes sense to text if you dnt have a personal space. Good point

Nuune lol as usual you are crazy

Odey, thanks I like my new avatar too.

Jacphar if you think picking up that phone and waiting for your friend to pick up that phone is a hassle iyo in aad slantoid ee ku dhibaso intad danta ledahay shegatid waa hadal macno badan ii sameneen lol..but hey if you like to text it is fine. Just remember sometimes people will react in acertain way when you ask a question that you can detect over the phone..where you might miss over a text (after all you gave them enough time to think it thru) just saying

Raamsade   

I think Aaliyah started this thread 'cause she's miffed at a guy who texted her instead of phoning. Random topic my backside! Anyways, tell the SOB that if he doesn't wanna talk to you, it is his loss. If he can't be bothered to phone he probably doesn't fancy you.

Aaliyyah   

Chimera looool yea I was on my phone true..but i wasnt texting rather posting on a forum hehe

Raamsade lol no huuno. I wasnt talking about a guy..but rather some of my girlfriends who send paragraphs about how their day went..and I would prefer if they called me.

Juxa   

I love my friends and would stand by them any day. I hate calling. I text, just few words to keep in touch etc

I am grateful most of my real friends are equally busy people so happy to meet up once in a while, have dinner and catch up.

Aaliyah baayo I will text.... And you better response:)

Aaliyyah   

Garowe gal, I know it sounds that way.

Juxa, few words is fine. I had no issue with that.

As for you hating to call? why would you hate it..calling is one step away from face to face interaction. Where texting is not the same. But, you can use if you have few things to say. It is convenient. But, some people over use it.

Juxa   

Well what if you run out of topic, how many times can you repeat haye

Text and get to the point

Blessed   

^Indeed, nothing beats good food and the company of great friends who think the world owes you. Enjoy tonight. Xx

Juxa   

Blessed you were missed hon! Altho the place was cold and the food took ages to arrive

OK i guess,i wont be visiting Ft Lee, NJ. They just banned texting while walking!!

How dare they?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/14/texting-while-walking-ban_n_1514308.html

As a slew of U.S. states have passed laws to ban texting while driving, one New Jersey town upped the ante with its texting-while-walking ban.

Pedestrians in Fort Lee, New Jersey will have to stop to text, following the passage of a new law that imposes $85 fines on walkers caught texting. Fort Lee Police Chief Thomas Ripoli cited numbers of pedestrian crashes to support the ban: Last year there were 74 crashes involving pedestrians; three pedestrians were killed this year, according to The Record's NorthJersey.com.

“It’s a big distraction. Pedestrians aren’t watching where they are going and they are not aware,” Ripoli said during an announcement of the ban.

Following a brief warning period, New Jersey police began issuing fines to distracted walkers near the end of March, with more than 117 violations recorded to date.

The ban is supported by a Stony Brook University study that found 60 percent of texters failed to walk in a straight line, reports ABC News.

However, when the study, "Cell phones change the way we walk," was published in January, co-author Eric Lamberg responded, "absolutely not," when asked if texting while walking should be banned.

“[The study] is just to raise an awareness to this issue, that it does disrupt your ability to walk naturally," Lamberg told Long Island Business News.

New York State Senator Carl Kruger has sought to bring a similar ban to New York, but has thus far been unsuccessful. Kruger, who has been laboring to push the legislation through Albany since 2007, would take the ban a step further and also prohibit talking or using iPods while walking or running.

Check out the gallery below to see some texting-while-walking fails caught on tape.

Haatu   

Texting's not bad if you're fast. I saw this guy texting painfully slow the other day. that's when texting become annoying.