Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Texting

Aaliyyah   

ok this is one of those random topics lol. Nothing you will benefit from it. But, I am just curious do you have those few people in your life who text you more than they call you? and does it annoy you??..I am seriously considering of disabling the text function in my phone . I am sorry dont get me wrong i dont mind if someone text me one line..but seriously texting a whole paragraph? and no im not being mean. I am just wondering if anyone is on the same page as me?

salaam

Garnaqsi   

Aaliyyah;826528 wrote:
ok this is one of those random topics lol. Nothing you will benefit from it. But, I am just curious do you have those few people in your life who text you more than they call you? and does it annoy you??..I am seriously considering of disabling the text function in my phone . I am sorry dont get me wrong i dont mind if someone text me one line..but seriously texting a whole paragraph? and no im not being mean. I am just wondering if anyone is on the same page as me?

salaam

Hehe. Smart phones nowadays have speech-to-text function so whole paragraphs aren't surprising at all. But honestly sometimes it's just easier to text someone then call them. For me, anyway. My family, I usually call them; my friends, I usually text them.

I have to disagree with you Aaliyah :D (I'm one of those people that texts paragraphs)

Personally i love texting, there are some people that are not just worth talking to on the phone.

I call them surface level people... they are painfully boring, & quite frankly i'd rather get my toe nails plucked instead of hearing their voice :) (too far?)

But, nevertheless they are significant people in your life that you just can't cut them off, so texting suffices lol

Also, it doesn't mean everyone falls in this category for me... there are people i love texting & equally talking to them.

To each its own... you can tell a lot about a person by their grammatical errors haha

Aaliyyah   

qarnaqsi you should call your friends the same way you call your family.I mean it is fine to text, but not like paragraphs after paragraphs. Thats just irritating..

Somalicentric looooooooooooooooooooooooool you killed me walee...are you saying those few people that text me paragraphs would rather text me than talk to me on the phone??? and that they dont want to hear my voice loool? now that hurts. heedhe xaal isii. Now when I disable my text function your likes will have no reason to bother themselves loool..tan kale you said they are not worth talking to? how come you are spending time writting paragraphs?? you are wasting just as much time writing those paragraphs heedhe if you dont like them dont text them even lol...

oh now your last line made me feel better so there are ppl u love texting and calling at the same time? marbaan cadhoodaye loool...

as for your comment about grammatical errors? English is not everyone's first language..some people speak four and above languages..Unless you mean if they speak in ghetto manner..(probably that would tell u a lot abt that person but then wouldnt they converse in the same way)..

salaam

Garnaqsi   

Aaliyyah;826537 wrote:
qarnaqsi you should call your friends the same way you call your family.I mean it is fine to text, but not like paragraphs after paragraphs. Thats just irritating..

I don't usually have paragraphs to say, to be honest. Even when I call someone I stay on the phone an average of a minute or two tops. That probably explains why I don't have contact with most of my friends from, say, six years ago. Horrible person, I'm lol.

Aaliyyah   

^ that doesnt make you a horrible person. You are just not a phone person. Some people are like that. I have lost in touch with few people who moved out of my city. AND that was because they just never bothered to make phone calls. I simply stopped calling lol..i dnt know i guess at first i kinda thought they were horrible people but at the end if someone is not gonna try calling you, you are not gonna keep calling regardless of how sweet they are lol..there comes a time where you just move on. I guess some people just dont care about keeping up with their long distance friends.

salaam

Garnaqsi   

Aaliyyah;826542 wrote:
^ that doesnt make you a horrible person. You are just not a phone person. Some people are like that.
I have lost in touch with few people who moved out of my city. AND that was because they just never bothered to make phone calls.
I simply stopped calling lol..i dnt know i guess at first i kinda thought they were horrible people but at the end if someone is not gonna try calling you, you are not gonna keep calling regardless of how sweet they are lol..there comes a time where you just move on.

salaam

I'm exactly like one of those people. Hell, you might as well know me! :]

I moved out of the city, and sort of got too distracted to keep in touch.

Cheers!

Aaliyyah;826537 wrote:

loool..tan kale you said they are not worth talking to? how come you are spending time writting paragraphs?? you are wasting just as much time writing those paragraphs heedhe if you dont like them dont text them even lol... salaam

There is a therapeutic component to texting, really... (somebody should look into this) lol

I have a healthy imagination, so writing novels *ahem* i mean texting is no burden on me (i can't speak for the receiving end haha).

In fact i see it as a healthy platform for my narcissistic alter ego that boarders on delusions of grandeur sometimes :D

Aaliyyah;826537 wrote:
as for your comment about grammatical errors? English is not everyone's first language..some people speak four and above languages..Unless you mean if they speak in ghetto manner..(probably that would tell u a lot abt that person but then wouldnt they converse in the same way)..

True, English is not everyone's first language... and in fact, bilingual/trilingual folks have a better proficiency.

However, that is not what i was talking about... I'm talking about my ghetto/Ebonics slanging folks :D

I don't have a problem with that either (different story) but i think efforts need to be made when addressing people.

Don't confuse me more than i need to be by using every damn number & symbol on the key board before i see a single alphabet -____- really?! lol $T0P !T

Aaliyyah   

lol@ there is a therapeutic component to texting?? Reallyyyyyy!!..definitely someone should look into this. Cuz if thats the case then I shouldn't be annoyed eh...I should allow it.

I am on the same page as you when it comes to people who always use slang..half the time I dont even understand them lol..it is like come again?..

yes..i have friends that i never talk to them on the phone...but just contact via text...cuz them ladies on the d/l. nobody gets hurt this way...also co-workers texting me about situations.

^^^ Why do you always sound like a black man that just realized slavery ended? :D

2vt8krt.jpg

Aaliyyah-- You just need one good person to keep you entertained with texting, then get back to me lol

preferably the opposite sex... it just adds a nuanced bonus layer of qoq :D haha oh boy.

Aaliyyah   

you prefer texting paragraphs to a guy??..I was hoping you were texting your gfs? wouldnt he think you are into him. When all you are doing is entertaining yourself..mise hadhow when you meet him uu ku dhoho girl you been texting me like theres no tomorrow i think we got something going baad dhahassaa warya it was just therapeutic for me ee iga leexo..lol

Anyways, nah I pass..but thanks for your advice I know you meant well. LMAO

salam

Usually the folks i exchange paragraphs with also have an equally entertaining imagination... the rest i just go over their heads LOL

& at any rate if things get out of hand, i pull one of these moves. Haha APATHY.

2wgt379.gif