Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Pax Somalica, the Metropolis!!

Chimera   

^The City would first create a strong unified national identity, and as it becomes more prosperous, it would steadily absorb the lands of the Old Republic. If Somalis had a city equivalant to Hong Kong today, their influence in Africa would be paramount and widespread, not to mention their ability to defend and wage war would be infinitely greater than the past and the situation their currently in, which is active containment of Somali Nationalism through an arms-embargo, and intentionally prolonging the conflict through well-placed proxies.

Mario B;825332 wrote:
Lol @ secret society, you made the whole thing sound like a freemasonic and illuminati project, i'm very weary of that type of thing...and I usually stay away. Come up with something better, saxib.

A Swiss organisation recently uncovered that 40% of the world's wealth is controlled by an intricately connected 1% elite. I do not believe in the Illuminati, but you can bet your azz that this 1% is part of a secret society known under a different name. They are currently being challenged by the rising Chinese Secret Society, that is pressing home the fact that Asia is their domain.

No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes the evidence is just too big to be ignored.

Chimera   

Alpha Blondy;825333 wrote:
50,000? how will you ensure they remain loyal to the 'state'?

That non-affiliated underground army would be recruited from the pool of Orphans. Their loyalty would not be to a region or a clan, but to the State that raised them, and it is the state that they would protect from both domestic and foreign enemies.

nuune   

Lets just use so far the simplicity of style and type of progress enjoyed by the likes of Singapore once we established peace and stability.

Singapore. Aaah, Singapore. Now that is a true dal dadkooda isyaqaano horumarkooda.

Jasiirad yar oo qeyraadba lahayn oo dhul yarna ku filneen ah ayaa heerkaas gaaray. Horta Nuunka ma raacday diyaaradooda. It always receives the best or second best ratings in the last ten years, I think. Also their garoonka diyaaradaha number #1 ayuu helaaye in the last five or six years. You should check it, xaaji.

nuune   

^^ Not yet on their airline, but will do on my way to Guangzhou via Singapore maybe though Ethiopian Airlines and Turkish Airlines o a direct service to Guangzhou

Horta if peace is achieved, everything is possible.

Has anyone heard of that the Turkish are building second airport in Xamar, not the current Aden Cade one, but one few kilometers away from it and on the coast, construction has already started, and it is going very well, this airport will beat the current one as the Turkish intend to build the best and all time best airport in Africa with a view on the coast that will attract anyone, business or otherwise.

They don't want to upgrade the current airport as it would involve too much work and demolishing everything.

nuune   

ma fadnaa lee maa gureenaa kow iyo labaatanka qaaxood, waxaa la joogaa xiligii fad ama ha fadin waa lagu fadsiin

Mario B   

Chimera;825414 wrote:
That non-affiliated underground army would be recruited from the pool of Orphans. Their loyalty would not be to a region or a clan, but to the State that raised them, and it is the state that they would protect from both domestic and foreign enemies.

This is something we could do now, the same children could also be employed as civil servants, judicial and police when they reach working age.

Marksman   

This reminds me of the Ottoman empire and their recruiting of 'Jannisary', translated as new soldier.

Every five years the Turkish administrators would scour their regions for the strongest sons of the sultan's Christian subjects. The Janissaries were chosen before they reached adulthood from among the Christian population living in Anatolia and the Balkan peninsula to become the elite fighting force of the Ottoman Empire. These boys, usually between the ages of 10 and 12, were then taken from their parents and given to the Turkish families in the provinces to learn Turkish language and customs, and the rules of Islam; these boys were then enrolled in Janissary training. The recruit was immediately introduced to the religion of Islam. He was supervised 24 hours a day and subjected to severe discipline: he was prohibited from growing a beard, taking up a skill other than war, or marrying. The Janissaries were extremely well disciplined (a rarity in the Middle Ages). They lived in barracks, serving as policemen, palace guards and firefighters during peacetime. They campaigned with their own medical teams of Muslim and Jewish surgeons; their sick and wounded were evacuated to dedicated mobile hospitals set up behind the lines.

They were admired.

Greek Historian Dimitri Kitsikis in his book, Türk Yunan İmparatorluğu ("Turco-Greek Empire") states that many Christian families were willing to comply with this because it offered the possibility of great social advancement. Conscripts could one day become Janissary colonels; statesmen who might one day return to their motherland as governor; or even Grand Vizier or Beylerbey (governor general), with a seat in the divan (imperial council).

Their loyalty was only to the state that provided for them.

Chimera;825414 wrote:

Adams, that might just work, you know. as an orphan myself i'm still attracted to the allure that is qabil, as it fills a void. so maybe little illegitimate kids are more suited to this type of human-engineering lol.

this reminds me of the 'hit' film SALT and dark angel.

N.O.R.F   

Chimera, great thoughts. The most important thing is for government institutions to have a bottom up approach rather than the top down approach currently being practiced. In addition, a culture of ‘doing’ where people do work that is planned and coordinated between the relevant authorities.

For example, Muqdisho Transport Authority will need to work closely with the Muqdisho Municipality to agree on road levels, distances roads should be from homes, shops, offices etc where they are both working to an urban planning programme legally endorsed by the government.

It’s all interlinked and the quicker we think along those lines the better for everyone.

Marksman   

I wonder who the people are that will take up the task of urban planning in Somalia, specifically in Mogadishu. I hope that bike trails and the importance of them will not be neglected. We can learn a lot from countries such as Denmark and the Netherlands.

I hope Mogadishu can be the best city for biking in all of East Africa. It's even healthy and could be useful as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes is something some Somalis are facing.

Cities such as Lagos, Nigeria are extremely congested due to lack of know how and skills, but also in seeing how important it is to have good infrastructure that is the basis of a well functioning economy. I don't want Mogadishu to become like Lagos.

We need wide pavements, wide avenues, trees and benches all over, good roads and connections to ports, airports and competitive cities etc.

Also, I wonder if the old 'colonial' centre of Mogadishu in the Italian and Arabic style will be rebuilt in the same style or will we abandon them. This could be a unique selling points for tourism. But if we can come up with our own architectural style it could be great as well.

Zoning is also a good thing for cities in Somalia. For instance Malaysia has 95 percents of the population within 5 kilometers of a government healthcare facility. For pharmacies this of course closer.

The question lies, how can we make it the pearl of the Indian Ocean again. Now the title has been given away to Sri Lanka.

N.O.R.F   

1. Planning Laws

2. Planning Departments

3. Approval of plans

4. Departmental alliances and information sharing

5. Procedures

6. Tendering

7. Issue Contracts

8. Build

9. Database storing plans, construction drawings, operation and maintenance manuals for future use