Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why is Puntland threatening with Secession?

Carafaat   

Carafaat;818968 wrote:
Article 3

Article 3 states,

Pending the completion of the Federal Constitution approved by a popular referendum, Puntland State shall have the status of an independent States.

:D

General Duke;818970 wrote:
I read this as encouraging the completion of the Federal constitution and creation of viable Federal States in other parts of Somalia. As you can see it's clear that it states clearly pending the completion therefore once that process is completed Puntland is not going to act as anything other than a Federal State within the Republic of Somalia.

Che, I read it as a threat to Somalia. And Duke says its rather an encouragement for a Federal Somalia. Even the kid Somalia reads it as Independence article.

How do you read it? or are you just doing some damage conrol. (its to late for that by the way). :D

Carafaat   

General Duke;819025 wrote:
Carafat you read it as a threat, we get that. Now what can you do about this threat to your interest? ....
:D:D

I am sure it will be countered by Galmudug, Xiin and Xeeb's, Hiiran's and other clans threats. I wonder what those folks will demand from Somalia. Maybe a monarchy or an American styled Federal Bank, Federal CIA, filibuster. :D

Blackmailing Somalia for Political leverage the decision of Somalia lies within the people of Somalia not some parts of Somalia.You cant have you're own form of federalism to achieve you're clan objectives as a clan state.This is unacceptable the authorities in Mogadishu should never ever accept this.

Carafaat   

Che -Guevara;819029 wrote:
lool@Carafaat Don't worry about Duke, leave him to his Unionist Cousins. They will straighten him out if secession lasoo sheeko tago.

answer the question Che. what is your take on article 3.

Xaaji Xunjuf;819051 wrote:
Blackmailing Somalia for Political leverage the decision of Somalia lies within the people of Somalia not some parts of Somalia.You cant have you're own form of federalism to achieve you're clan objectives as a clan state.This is unacceptable the authorities in Mogadishu should never ever accept this.

Somalia will never bow down for threats or blackmails. we have resisted bullets from warlords for sure we can resist these legal bullets from Faroole. they will not harm us.

Xaaji Xunjuf;819051 wrote:
Blackmailing Somalia for Political leverage the decision of Somalia lies within the people of Somalia not some parts of Somalia.

Horta suaale idinka maxaa idiinka jira dee wadan jaar ah baatihiin faragalinta hala joojiyo deriswanaagnima hala xoojiyo. Soomaali iyadaa is aftaqaan:D

Carafaat...I have addressed the post before that. Constitutions will be harmonized and State Constitution can't supersede the Federal Constitution.

Carafaat;819030 wrote:
I am sure it will be countered by Galmudug, Xiin and Xeeb's, Hiiran's and other clans threats. I wonder what those folks will demand from Somalia. Maybe a monarchy or an American styled Federal Bank, Federal CIA, filibuster.

I asked you what you could do? Hiiraan, Galmudug & others will do what they can or must....:D

Carafaat   

Che -Guevara;819056 wrote:
Carafaat...I have addressed the post before that. Constitutions will be harmonized and State Constitution can't supersede the Federal Constitution.

harmonized ah? shouldnt we first finish and discuss the national constitution? before we 'harmoniz' or change it again? Puntland is already part of the commission writing the Somali constitution, now it's threatening to 'harmonize' it again to get her demands. :D

Article 135

HARMONIZATION OF THIS CONSTITUTION WITH THE

FEDERAL CONSTITUTION

1. Once the Federal Constitution of Somalia has been approved by the Federal Parliament

and accepted by the people in a referendum, the House of Representatives will set up a

special Committee, composed by members of all the political factions to review the

present Constitution in order to determine if there are discrepancies and/or contradictions

between the two constitutions.

2. If such discrepancies or contradictions exist, the Special Committee will reform this

Constitution in order to harmonize it with the texts of the Federal Constitution, taking

into account the primacy of the Federal Constitution over the Puntland State Constitution.

3. In this process the Special Committee will hear the opinions of the Executive, the

Supreme Court and the Attorney General on the changes needed or proposed. The

Committee will call any other functionary or person it considers relevant to illustrate the

points under consideration.

4. The Committee will present its finding to the plenum of the House of Representatives,

who will discuss and vote, approving amendments with a simple majority, without

following the procedures set up in article 134. The Speaker of the House will send the

reforms for publication in the official record of the Puntland State.

5. It is forbidden to use this procedure for any other reform to the Constitution that are not

directly related to the harmonization of the Puntland State Constitution and the Federal

Constitution.

Che Guevara cadalaada wa in la sheega ama cadaalo darada waxa meesha ka jira bal weynu eegi labada dastuur eeh ka TFG iyo kan faroole soo mal maluuqay siday isku wafaqaan:D