Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why is Puntland threatening with Secession?

NGONGE   

Carafaat, was this the thread that you wanted me to come from holiday back for? Dee wax cusub ma jiraan, saaxib? I have always been of the belief that PL was simply a counterweight to SL's ambtions and that was the ONLY reason that state was created in the first place. When SL gets its recogntion PL too will demand to be recognised. This has always been the case. Naga daaya dee..

Considering how it's economically and politically disadvantageous for Puntland to secede from the rest of country, your logical conclusion doesn't make slightest sense and not to mention that fact people of this region themselves don't support such idea.

I think Somaliland Ku Dayo, Waa Duushay mantra is getting to you.

NGONGE   

^^ It is economically and politically disadvantageous for Somaliland to secede too, Che. This is not much of an argument when it comes to desires and ambitions of a people. Now, you may be right and the people of PL might not be seeking independence but I believe that convincing them to breakaway is not going to be hard. After all, it's not as if the Imam has not threatened to do so in the past (and there was not a single whistle to be heard from the patriotic Puntlanders).

As for it being a logical conclusion, dee it is. PL's entire operation (from day one) has been one about spoiling SL's positions and forever trying to keep up with its progress. If SL gains its recognition and PL finds the going tough in Somalia, will you bet your house that the Imam (in his usual witty way) is not going to announce the breakaway of PL? What do you think is going to stop him, Somalnimo? The same way that made him threaten to break away when Sheikh Sharif was being elected as president or was it the same one that made him boycott the Farmajo admin?

Talking of SL, you're by now surely aware that I just returned from that place. The country needs a LOT of work and there are thousands of areas that require urgent attention. Yet, it also has the feel, air and apperance of a functioning and independent state. PL didn't go wrong when it hitched a ride on its coat tails ban ku idhi (faan iyo is tus iga maaha na).

I said it before and I say it again, PL's entire being was positioned so as to get the best of both worlds. Should Somalia get fixed, PL will be right in the centre of things and, should SL get its recognition PL will also be well prepared to follow suit and ask to be recognised too. Waa hadal cad, saaxib.

Dr_Osman   

NGONGE;822807 wrote:

I said it before and I say it again, PL's entire being was positioned so as to get the best of both worlds. Should Somalia get fixed, PL will be right in the centre of things and, should SL get its recognition PL will also be well prepared to follow suit and ask to be recognised too. Waa hadal cad, saaxib.

Thats good prognosis

Carafaat federalism is no longer on the table the garowe clan enclave elders fled Mogadishu today back to their village Garowe the rest of the country is not interested in a federal Somalia.

They have made it clear so many times one nation one government one country one flag the hell with clan states.

Xaaji Xunjuf;830219 wrote:
Carafaat federalism is no longer on the table the garowe clan enclave elders fled Mogadishu today back to their village Garowe the rest of the country is not interested in a federal Somalia.

They have made it clear so many times one nation one government one country one flag the hell with clan states.

this dude has re-discovered his political stance. good luck sxb.

I remember when Sharif was elected as President in 2009 the first few months sharif used to call his government dawlada Midnimo Qaran,and when ever faroole heard about this he started sweating:D