Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Public transport travel stories

Juxa   

glidding sounds fun ninyow

headscarfka gardaro ka socota, being asked 4 times kuleel sowkuma hayo is not cool at all

AYOUB   

Just tell em you come from a hot country and reverse the opposite question when the long winter comes. :)

Carafaat   

Juxa;842785 wrote:
did you make it? meqaase qaadataa mise waxa tahay qabqable taagan shirkasta!

Ayoub, R-bladding sounds great but i am scared inaan dhinacdhinac udhaco..baaskiil is better for me

yes, I made it. was 1 hour late, but luckely most participants were stuck as well. One day participation costed like 1500 Euro, luckily I didnt have to pay it because of my friends on high places.

did you just ask me how much my salary is? Juxa, you should know that is the most rudest question in Holland. :D

Malika   

NGONGE;814395 wrote:
Half caste is considered a racist term, you sponge. Say mixed race.

^Dual heritage is the correct term - indeed, half caste is degoratory as John Agard elaborates in his poem

Excuse me

standing on one leg

I'm half-caste

Explain yuself

wha yu mean

when yu say half-caste

yu mean when picasso

mix red an green

is a half-caste canvas/

explain yuself

wha u mean

when yu say half-caste

yu mean when light an shadow

mix in de sky

is a half-caste weather/

well in dat case

england weather

nearly always half-caste

in fact some o dem cloud

half-caste till dem overcast

so spiteful dem dont want de sun pass

ah rass/

explain yuself

wha yu mean

when yu say half-caste

yu mean tchaikovsky

sit down at dah piano

an mix a black key

wid a white key

is a half-caste symphony

Indeed, explain yu self @ carafaat.

Carafaat   

I apologize for using that term. The Dutch use the term `halfbloed´ and when you translated it means half caste. I should have known that the racial terms the Dutch find acceptable is seen as degoratory in the rest of the world.

Malika   

^Lol - dont frett, we still hear the term 'coloured' , 'half caste' etc - the dual heritage is just really for the politically correct sort..lol

Chimera   

Carafaat;842873 wrote:
I apologize for using that term. The Dutch use the term `halfbloed´ and when you translated it means half caste. I should have known that the racial terms the Dutch find acceptable is seen as degoratory in the rest of the world.

No it means "half blood" when you translate it, you're just a racist, own up and get counselling ya Carafaat.

drrrinnn drrrin drinnn

Carafaat   

Why do these white devils make Ramadan

So difficult for us, by wearing no clothes and

And making in public train stations.

Sensei   

Carafaat;854918 wrote:
Why do these white devils make Ramadan

So difficult for us, by wearing no clothes and

And making in public train stations.

Carafaat,

Ramadan Mubarak to that!!! Dhibka & shaitanka wuu iska badan yahay waayahan.

As for the mysterious, and conscious sister, you should offer your salaams and be cool; brighter sisters do not like pretentious dudes. I commuted to DC for years, and always enjoyed running into random folks, although Kindle sometimes gets in the way of what could be good conversation.

P.S. Seems like Maadeey sahab is in search of bold and free sister, if your gig does not materialize, let her know brothers like Maadeey could be her Malcolm X.

Juxa   

i guess it is back to horrendous journey to central london

had to skip 4 trains before i pushed my way in and ended sniffing someone else's hair. this is one of the reasons i am so reluctant to work in city firms. not worth it walahi grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sensei;855193 wrote:
Carafaat,

As for the mysterious, and conscious sister, you should offer your salaams and be cool; brighter sisters do not like pretentious dudes. I commuted to DC for years, and always enjoyed running into random folks, although Kindle sometimes gets in the way of what could be good conversation.

P.S. Seems like Maadeey sahab is in search of bold and free sister, if your gig does not materialize, let her know brothers like Maadeey could be her Malcolm X.

The Viena/Fairfax GMU station always seemed crowded and not a place u could even open up WaPo without having to elbow someone LoL.

Carafaat   

Sensei;855193 wrote:
Carafaat,

Abwaan,

I have Sheick who I consult on ethical matters. He told me that the bigger shaytaans are locked up during ramadan, but for some reason there seem to be more distractions from the white devils during ramadan. it's like they are tempting us. laakinse, it won't work.

As for talking to the sisters in the train, I am a bit shy with Somali or black women in general. I grew up with white women, and Somali or black women look un impressed at me. And If I end up in a conversation, mostly I end up talking about my work.Which doesnt work to impress them. :(