Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Be careful what you write online....

Thats bs! u smellys in uk need to get up and fight this shyte!! yall aint dont shyte thats way they fing up moofos!! What happen to freedom of speech.

LANDER;812858 wrote:
I think Che may not be aware of how laws differ between the US and other western countries. In the US racists and xenophobes are free to express themselves regardless, where as other countries like Canada and probably the UK guarantee freedom of speech but with the caveat of hate speech laws. In Canada hate speech laws include provisions in the criminal code, in other words you can catch a charge for talking hate or doing anything race or religion oriented or even geared towards an identifiable group. Anne Coulter who used to be on fox talking all kinds of ignorance against muslims and spreading fear and hate in the US towards muslims was warned about those laws by the University of Ottawa admin when she came to talk there in case she tried that stuff over here. Hate speech laws may be controversial from a legal point of view, but I think its important to have them in a civilized society in my opinion, otherwise allowing people to spread hate degrades the entire society. As for this fool who's talking about a man who was fighting for his life in such a manner I have no pity for him I hope they apply those laws to the full extent applicable which I doubt will be very severe anyway. You know something is wrong with your morality when an entire country is making complaints about your comments to multiple police jurisdictions. UK has its own population of racists but even most of them wouldn't be so cowardly and foolish to take aim at a well liked athlete who happened to suffer a heart attack on the field and drew the sympathy of the entire country and beyond.

Hate speech is free speech. We might not like it but it should remain free. On the other hand, id!ots who cross the line should be tried to the fullest.

Blessed   

Hmm. Thought this one was interesting...

The government will be able to monitor the calls, emails, texts and website visits of everyone in the UK under new legislation set to be announced soon.

Internet firms will be required to give intelligence agency GCHQ access to communications on demand, in real time.

The Home Office says the move is key to tackling crime and terrorism, but civil liberties groups have criticised it.

Tory MP David Davis called it "an unnecessary extension of the ability of the state to snoop on ordinary people".

Attempts by the last Labour government to take similar steps failed after huge opposition, including from the Tories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

LANDER   

Che -Guevara;813090 wrote:
Hate speech is free speech. We might not like it but it should remain free. On the other hand, id!ots who
the line should be tried to the fullest.

It's actually exactly the goal of hate speech laws, its not to curtail free speech but to deal with those who cross the line or who would encourage violence against certain groups. Hate speech laws are not easy to enforce and some deem them to be against guarantees found in charters or constitutions. I'm no lawyer but that is my understanding.

*Blessed;813137 wrote:

The government will be able to monitor the calls, emails, texts and website visits of everyone in the UK under new legislation set to be announced soon.

Internet firms will be required to give intelligence agency GCHQ access to communications on demand, in real time.

The Home Office says the move is key to tackling crime and terrorism, but civil liberties groups have criticised it.

Tory MP David Davis called it "an unnecessary extension of the ability of the state to snoop on ordinary people".

Attempts by the last Labour government to take similar steps failed after huge opposition, including from the Tories.

many gov'ts do anyway without us knowing but to openly write into legislation in western world is crazy to say the least.We heading a police state.

*Blessed;813137 wrote:

Give them an inch and they take a mile. Certain agencies and institutions have been in one way or another attempting to gain free and full access to our communications. I hope this doesn't go through.