Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

A new memorial statue in the capital of Somaliland hargeysa 2012

N.O.R.F   

^Nonsense. No one needs to be reminded of war on a daily basis. That plane should also be in a Museum. If it was a war heroes monument I would understand but tanks and planes are just silly. The monument is on a roundabout. Why not build something cultural? Something that gives identiy? Remember the Quran roundabout in Sharjah? The clock tower in Dubai? The arab tea pot in Abu Dhabi? We need to move on.

Coofle   

How Ironic, in that same place few months ago was a billboard advertising about Higher education and culture in somaliland showing pictures of well known Somaliland figures such As (Sheekh dirir, Abwaan Hadraawi, Professor Suleiman of Amoud and many others )....

This the best thing a Jabhad could come up with....New Rule of Guulwadayn awaits somaliland,,Ooh my people revolt and refuse this rule...

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;810378 wrote:
^Nonsense. No one needs to be reminded of war on a daily basis. That plane should also be in a Museum. If it was a war heroes monument I would understand but tanks and planes are just silly. The monument is on a roundabout. Why not build something cultural? Something that gives identiy? Remember the Quran roundabout in Sharjah? The clock tower in Dubai? The arab tea pot in Abu Dhabi? We need to move on.

Dubai & Abu Dhabi do not have a history of war. Somaliland does. Would you move Nelson's Column or the dozens of monuments scattered around London celebrating/comomorating the war?

p.s.

The plane does not work and the tank is only a sculpture, saaxib. They're a sign of progress and show that in SL, the only reminders/signs of war are now simple monuments and sculptures. Wax fahan.

peasant;810249 wrote:
Ethiopia baan waxaan ku arki jiray dad ku tuugsada boogo iyo dhaawacyo jirka uga yaal. Dadka nocaas ah waxaa dhaqan u ah in ay xoqaan oo fiiqaan boogahaas iyo dhaawacyadaas ku yaal si aysan u bogsan oo ay mudo dheer ugu sii tuugsadaan.

Tani waxba ma dhaanto arintaas. Xukuumadi Siyaad somali badan ayey wax yeelaysay balse cid taangiyo iyo diyaarado meel surta ma jiraan ee meesha sheeko kale ayaa laga dan leeyahay. Cuqdad ayaa la rabaa in la barbaariyo..

Fitting analogy, peasant.

Cuqdad ayaa la rabaa in la barbaariyo, illeen ayaan dhaweyd baa ardaydii turkiga aadeen :D

NGONGE;810425 wrote:

p.s.

The plane does not work and the tank is only a sculpture, saaxib. They're a sign of progress and show that in SL, the only reminders/signs of war are now simple monuments and sculptures. Wax fahan.

:D :D

NGONGE got carried away with a sheer emotion. For in SL, signs of war are not simple monuments and sculptures. Wars are constant reality in the most prized areas such as Buuhoodle, and Laascanood . The bullets are indeed real. In Somaliland, the wounds of war are quite raw...

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;810438 wrote:
:D

NGONGE got carried away with a sheer emotion. For in SL, signs of war are not simple monuments and sculptures. Wars are constant reality in the most prized areas such as Buuhoodle, and Laascanood . The bullets are indeed real. In Somaliland, the wounds of war are quite raw...

Anna waxaan is lahaa, odaygo wuxu la maqnaaday xishood buu ahaa, ileen wa isla halki uun. As limited as ever. :D

Were there no monuments in Xamar? Were they ones about education or is it stone throwers, heroic ladies and mad mullahs? Why did you not forgive and forget? Maybe all those should be blown up today or else they might hurt the feelings of the new British safeer! ;)

p.s.

the Buuhoodle events were simple skirmishes. I'd expect someone used to war (Kismaayo was it?) would know the difference.

I only noted your emotional nonsense about the only sign of war in Somaliland is in simple monuments and sculptures :D

I know you hardly concede an argument, but this one is for the books awoowe

xiinfaniin;810438 wrote:

I thought Buhoodle and Laascanood were not part of SL - when did they become part of SL?

NGONGE   

^^ Well it is. Somaliland is a peaceful place where people have the time to erect monuments and frequent facebook. War even Buuhodle is safe. A skirmish is not a war. Wax fahan.

Sayid*Somal;810450 wrote:
I thought Buhoodle and Laascanood were not part of SL - when did they become part of SL?

:D:D war hadanu qardho Somaliland ku sheegin baad buro sida.

NGONGE   

xiinfaniin;810452 wrote:
Caku Sayid

In NGONGE's world , Buuhoodle & Laascaanod are part of Somaliland indeed.

Xiin is RIGHT. I wish I could say those words more often though. :D

xiinfaniin;810438 wrote:

Intani halkan ha ii sii taallo ,,, maalin kalaan la sugayaa :D