Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

When Oil comes

ElPunto   

Stoic - it's odd how you paint such a vividly dark picture and then end with 'So hold all the lofty ideas and the profligacy till we see the earth-shaking oil that will gush underneath the Puntland earth'? Presumably that applies to the Hobbesian future you've painted too.

What is the latest news - seems all has gone quiet on the eastern front.

STOIC   

Elpunto, Duke already painted the good picture.....I viewed all these celebrations from another perspective...You can even see their brightest light in the room comeback......I'm hopeful, but i refused to credit kids contributions as facts...I never disputed the possibility of oil

ElPunto   

^If this had been Somaliland on the verge of oil - would your reaction be the same? Or would you be the Duke painting the rosy picture?

Ultimately this should be viewed as kheyr - wax walba khayr baa laga fiiraya islamically but this doesn't mean we should lack vigilance.

STOIC   

Elpunto, Heh.So you were doubting my picture? Had this been Somaliland I'd not have easily been metamorphosed into believing that the exploration process will intelligently exploit my reason.And certainly my thoughts will NOT have been consumed by disneyland desert fantasies yet...I will still have painted the bleak picture and warned them of inescapable weakness of SL in its economy and technological know-how

STOIC;805145 wrote:
Elpunto, Heh.So you were doubting my picture? Had this been Somaliland I'd not have easily been metamorphosed into believing that the exploration process will intelligently exploit my reason.And certainly my thoughts will NOT have been consumed by disneyland desert fantasies yet...I will still have painted the bleak picture and warned them of inescapable weakness of SL in its economy and technological know-how

i don't care what the rest of sol community say, your still the brightest crayon in the box. to all the haters out there, leave this poor soul alone. i mean come on. he can't even harm a fly. shame. shame on all of you. :mad:

ElPunto   

^I don't know - that's why I asked.

I don't think Duke is consumed by disneyland desert fantasies - actually he emphasized against it. If looking at Nigeria and Angola - the picture maybe bleak but if you look at Kuwait and Oman the picture is different. Let's wait to see what there is anyway.

Jacpher   

Stoic: no question you are in the closet Somalilander secessionist, but a little oil can help the country get back to life wouldn't kill you. Would it?

Oil in PL is promising future but I don't know if the current admin or the next one is competent to put that resources to a good use.

ElPunto;805148 wrote:
^I don't know - that's why I asked.

I don't think Duke is consumed by disneyland desert fantasies - actually he emphasized against it. If looking at Nigeria and Angola - the picture maybe bleak but if you look at Kuwait and Oman the picture is different. Let's wait to see what there is anyway.

:D:D:D I don't know - that's why I asked lol.

STOIC   

I'm itching to respond, but I'll let you guys keep singing together in spirit of the oil.I have nothing to hide about my support for SL...if someone can't criticize something, then whats the use of arguing...I think we already have enough of trolls on this forum.

ElPunto   

^Don't pay attention to King. If you've got anything that is more than just a rehash of the above positions don't hold back. BTW - I"m not singing anything. 99/100 ppl would say a big oil find to be a positive development for their region/country - that's where I stand.