Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

When Oil comes

Puntland should provide water and electricity to every village in the State.

Implement Cuban style education system. Every child should go to school.

Construct a network of roads that connects all the regions and specially the Indian Ocean Coast.

Develop the Fishiries industry.

There should never be any talk of welfare or handouts. The focus should be how to develop jobs and educate the population.

Talks of building new cities or Dubai's in Bari should be discarded. There should be a focus on developing human capacity.

The provision of water to far flung areas should be the priority. Towns should be encouraged and schools, health clinics should be established in every region no matter how remote.

Training of a new civil service and security forces to protect the people from the elites and ruling classes is a must.

Factories of education should be the main goal. Importing large number of teachers from all over the world.

There should be Ismic universities next to colleges of science and engineering.

Thus let's avoid grandiose ideas of waste and take incremental steps to better the lives of the ordinary people and thus transforming the State and country as a whole.

nuune   

I will be surprised if a power station & sub stations are developed that can supply electricity to every part of the country, not for free but in cheaper prices, the generators that are used now will be out of the window.

Every household should have the basics, electricity, once that is done, believe me, people can create jobs themselves and governments can too.

I don't know why I put that as priority before food, cuz currently no one is dying of hunger, thanks to the nuclear family of SOMALIA.

President Faroole to his credit has already put in place the foundations of the education & health system in place. I believe if he had more resources he would have gone further.

However it's the people of Puntland who need to set the priorities for the admin.

What do we want?

I believe everyone agrees on the importance of education. Somali's everywhere value it a great deal.

N.O.R.F   

How and not what.

Nothing will come to fruition if there isn't a clear strategy on the way ahead. At local municipal level as well as national. The UAE is a successful blue print in terms how local governance, planning and legislature can be conducted.

If Puntland needs village and city master plans doing let me know :D

Again huge investment needs to be made in education. New schools built, existing ones expanded, libraries and Internet connection. Children should be driven hard in terms if achievement.

There should be affordable healthcare and available to most people.

The ports airports should be developed and expanded.

The Oil should make the state busy and not lazy. It should encourage competition and not envy.

How is not the issue. In today's world one will be able to find engineers for hire and consultants to implant a plan.

What we want to do is the key issue.

We don't want or need a UAE model. Puntland is far larger and has more natural resources and people than the Emirates.

We need to develop our education system. I like the Cuban model. That's what we need to implement back home.

The fact that Cuba is resource poor and yet achieved remarkable goals is the key.

NGONGE   

^^ The minute it gushes out, baldigaaga la so bax. Every man to his own (or should that be: for himself?). :D