Sign in to follow this  
sharma-arke451

Matrimonial Kiosk

As a community, we lack parental coaching in the issue of marriage. and that is why most of the young people who think of marrying, turn on the internet to search for tips and ways of selecting the right husband/wife. Therefore, i feel SOL should have an i-kiosk that deals with the issue.

Marriage is among the biggest decisions one makes in his/her life.Deciding on who to share your life with is really not an easy endeavor.

among the attributes will be attraction, religion, compatibility,,,,,,,,

p.s. beauty might not be a available in the kiosk,,,,

Mukulaalow;804839 wrote:
It sounds like selling cigarettes.
;)

mukulaalow you are an asset to this thread sxb. didn't you say ''you were married the last TEN YEARS??

do share the secrets to maintain the household sxb.

That said,

Attraction is the utmost factor to consider first. you have to be attracted to the person you want to share the rest of your life with. i mean wa inaad kaheshaa qofka ad nolasha lawadaagi rabto, otherwise over the phone persona won't work perfectly. this entails seeing the in real time. distance relationship is a time bomb.

Juxa   

Aah there should be gudi/committee that acts in advisory capacity and it must not include nin laba or more xaasle ah

Every woman and man should know what they are getting themselfs into before entering a marriage it's a dead serious thing that can change your whole life. There are 3 things needed attraction, personality compatibility and spiritual compatibility. If you do that you have a very high chance of succeeding. Whatever the mind can conceive it can achieve so therefore you should have the right mindset and intention to wanting to get a lifetime partner till death do us part not a partner for 1,5 or 10 years. If your mind isn't set on being with a person a lifetime it will never happen. Good preparation is half the work the most prepared people are the most dedicated.

So Sharmarke what are your plans, by the way this is a great thread it's much needed.

Juxa;805128 wrote:
Aah there should be gudi/committee that acts in advisory capacity and it must not include nin laba or more xaasle ah

juxa you are suggesting being anti polygamous? lol.

the gudi is such a practical solution and i say lets walk towards that end. walahi it would be so helpful and lively to many.

Marriages should have expiration dates.

che, you seem to know more on the causes of divorce, do share please how to avoid.

don't mention the appropriate deadlines if any.

Bluelicious;805248 wrote:
Every woman and man should know what they are getting themselfs into before entering a marriage it's a dead serious thing that can change your whole life. There are 3 things needed attraction, personality compatibility and spiritual compatibility. If you do that you have a very high chance of succeeding. Whatever the mind can conceive it can achieve so therefore you should have the right mindset and intention to wanting to get a lifetime partner till death do us part not a partner for 1,5 or 10 years. If your mind isn't set on being with a person a lifetime it will never happen. Good preparation is half the work the most prepared people are the most dedicated.

So Sharmarke what are your plans, by the way this is a great thread it's much needed.

blue, my intention is to have a family resource center in SOL. one stop shopping for all family issues. don't you think that is worth it?

welcome back

The second point will be religion. this is self explanatory. a muslim will not accept to share life with an atheist, or even vice versa.

Compatibility: This factor determines the smooth running of the marital life. the person whom you want to share the ''rest'' of your life with, should be someone you can go along with easily..i mean someone who can understanding you, withstand you, and can share his part of life with you. the two prior factors will not function properly if this attributes fails to work.

it doesn't necessarily mean you be same.

compatibility entails, qofka inaad isfahmi kartaan ood wada socon kartaan. dabecadiinu ineey iskeeneeso.

Juxa   

Che, they do, waa 5 years with the option to extend or terminate by giving appropriate notice, sow ma ogeyn

Juxa....Who's they? Gaalo folks or our folks?

Sharma,arke....Most divorces I have seen is caused by financial misunderstanding or lack of honest discussion about finances, this is followed by those who lie to each other before marriage meaning the real person remains hidden during courting period.

Juxa   

Waa people in general.

Am I imagining mise something about marriage baa qaras kugu kiciya?

sharma-arke451;805321 wrote:
blue, my intention is to have a family resource center in SOL. one stop shopping for all family issues. don't you think that is worth it?

welcome back

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I like your idea you got my support. Do whatever your heart is into if you feel passionate about it go for it. Make sure you don't give up on the first hurdle you come across.

Garnaqsi   

I think we're bit too obsessed with marriage as a society and fail at it for the most part.

I blame the lack of the boyfriend-girlfriend system (or any other similar one at that). :P