Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Kismaayo, Jubadda Hoose

Somalia   

Timur;808156 wrote:
The first pic is the port of Xamar, that's clear.
The second picture I called out is Gobweyn, a small village a few miles north of Kismayo.

Bob, I know because I have a brain. I feel bad for you if you don't know your own country.

You could take a picture of sand in Somalia and I could tell you which village the sand came from.

:D, you should have let it go.

Timur;808156 wrote:
The first pic is the port of Xamar, that's clear. The second picture I called out is Gobweyn, a small village a few miles north of Kismayo.

Bob, I know because I have a brain. I feel bad for you if you don't know your own country.

You could take a picture of sand in Somalia and I could tell you which village the sand came from.

Here 263uiv8.jpg

Have a go at it

I should warn you tough, I have adjusted the pick slightly and used a third party host to impede any image detective work so don't waste time on that

BOB   

Timur;808156 wrote:

No man with an ounce of brain would've responded the intelligent way that you did for he would've known that there could be millions of reasons why I don't know my own country. ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

Baashi   

If you look at the google image (with the red markup) posted by Chimera. There are two semi-circle beaches. The first one (inside the red markup) is called Liido beach. Farjano and Fanoole kids went there religiously every Thrusday afternoon.

The second one (outside Chimera's red markup) is called Qoryooleey beach. It is a dead sea. No fish, no waves -- just still discolored and smelly sea water. It is behind the football stadium. It is dead because Soviets in charge of the two twin factories in Farjano polluted it with cattle waste discharged from the meet factory and hide treatment factory.

No sharks either for Qoryooleey beach was a waste treatment dump with all kinds of uncontrolled chemical additives. The underground piping system that carried treated waste ran through populated area in Farjano. That system had several manholes for maintenance purposes. There were scores of kids who lost their lives in these manholes.

BOB, being Majengo boy, may not know about it since it is located in backwaters of Farjano. If you are in Liido you won't see it. It is the other side of the town pretty far from his beloved multiethnic Calenleey town where Bajunis reign supreme :)

Kismayo was truly a beautiful city.

Abwaan   

I am now understanding more how beautiful, strategic and full of resources the Lower Jubba is...Thanks for sharing this Somalina.