Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Letter to the people of Somalia-Mahiga UNPOS

As-Salaamu Alaikum.

It has been nearly six weeks since I last wrote, having newly relocated to Mogadishu. I have settled in the capital where being our close proximity to and daily engagement with our Somali interlocutors is helping us to “make up for lost time.” I continue to encourage other members of the international community to join us here without delay to show their continued engagement with Somalia and to be on the ground to help advance the peace process.

The past few weeks have been full of dramatic events. The country is still embroiled in a parliamentary crisis which has frozen even the most basic activities of the lawmakers. Parliament cannot pass legislation or carry out routine tasks. Somalia simply cannot afford to be in this impasse at this key point in its history. Not only does the ongoing power struggle risk derailing the substantial gains that Somali stakeholders and their partners have so painstakingly made, it is holding key processes hostage, such as the approval of the National Security and Stabilization Plan. I am concentrating my efforts on engaging the parties to find a way out of this crisis and to ensure that they get back to work for the benefit of Somalia.

CLICK

nuune   

I was saddened this week to learn of the killing of Ali Ahmed Abdi,
a contributor to Somalia Online
and a former journalist of Radio Galkayo. He is the fourth Somali journalist killed this year.

How did you missed this Che, in the second last paragraph of the letter.

Al-Sheikh Group, the way I understood it is the Somali religious scholars who oppose the women nominations, 30 women law makers in the Garoowe principa

nuune   

I had this believe that Solers don't die and it is only internet, I was wrong!

Che, I think the women folk will be included in the cabinet, not 30, but 5-10, the rest will be MPs and envoys.

Duufaan   

Mahiga is part of problem. He allinieted from the process for majority of somali people. selected few warlods and corrupted indiviulas to sign the paper work for him. there are spoilers in his team and he can not talk about spoilers.

This what shuold be done

let paliment do it is work and review Garoowe principle and corrected it.

new fredral and reginal administions should funded

Let this 1000 people decide what and how future goverment system will be in future

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;802178 wrote:
Maybe LSK knows him?

If LSK does not, I think it'll be time for him to start worrying. Heh.

AYOUB   

As-Salaamu Alaikum.

Salaanta ka qaata odayga.

Che please don't say LSK like some newbie Farah.

STOIC   

Judging from his letter-and i write this with caution- i think he knows who these spoilers are.The prosecution of spoilers,once thought impossible, is now given the green light by major western powers.I think Mahiga should avoid any clumsy and ill prepared statements on the airwaves if he wants people to take him serious.This will avoid any future structural flaws of his accusations in the international community.If something will unite Somali people it is being told someone is attacking their religion, and i know as a Tanzanian diplomate he understands the sensitivity of carelessly invoking religious coups.The average Somali has too narrow a prism through which to see whats happening behind Villa Somalia.They will absorb any sycophantic nonesense spewed by any clan leaning website as at face value.Any normal person is in favor of non-violent political actions as long as they don't cross the line.Mahiga shouldn't squander chasing the dream of moderate muslim Somali.He should instead just observe and report.

PS: The shares of SOL has jumped since the letter was printed...its about time LSK does some cleaning....

Duufaan   

Does Mahiga got new somali women from different region? he oponion is getting more predicable. Xaaji Xunduf may known it.

nuune;802182 wrote:
I had this believe that Solers don't die and it is only internet, I was wrong!

Che, I think the women folk will be included in the cabinet, not 30, but 5-10, the rest will be MPs and envoys.

I mean this group he's talking about, are they part of the current or previous cabinets.

Women are the majority of the country's population. Any !diot opposed to their participation should be silenced.

Duufaan.....We can't continue scraping every plan because someone is not happy. The problem with the Somalis is that if someone doesn't like what they see, they want to undo the whole process.

Yunis   

I was saddened this week to learn of the killing of Ali Ahmed Abdi, a contributor to Somalia Online and a former journalist of Radio Galkayo. He is the fourth Somali journalist killed this year.

SOL's political section is where Mahiga gets acquainted all things Somali politics...no wonder how he made a career of this divided nation.

who knew Xiin's decayed Caravan had the eyes and ears of the man himself