Sign in to follow this  
Mukulaalow

Somali dialects.

Af Soomaali is rich with diverse accents and dialects, each one has its own art, attraction and good on something.

Af Reer mudug = Ku muran.

Af reer woqooyi = Ku shaxaad.

Af Maay = Ku ducee.

Af Xamari = Ku shukaanso.

Af xaayow = Ku habaartan.

Af Barwaani = Ku xamo.

Af Reer Bari = Ku Faan.

Af Reer Waamo = Ku Baashaal.

Af Tuni = Ku Hees.

Af Reer Sujuu = Ku Rafaad.

Af Reer Jabuti = Ku Qayil.

Af Reer Somali Ethiopia = Ku Gabey.;)

Mukulaalow;801289 wrote:
Af Soomaali is rich with diverse accents and dialects, each one has its own art, attraction and good on something.

Af Reer Sujuu = Ku Rafaad.

;)

mid refugee oo nairobi ku rafaaday ayaa alifay warkaan. War igooy!! :)

if anything,af reer sujuu=af reer waamo, so waa baashaleynaa calaashan yaa l0l.

Showqi   

Markay igu yidhaahdeen: huuno Kaniifka waa lagu jiraa maaha, naalo ayaan dooni iyo makhadadaa ii dhiib:confused: ayaan Af Reer Jabuuti ku wareeray.

Afwaamo ayaan ka helaa. Bilcaanta see u dhahaan waliba. Afwaamo laakiin waa sii kala baxaa, kan Careys Ciise Kaarshe ku saar qaadi jiray waaka gadisan yahay kan Wajeer looga hadlo. Wajeer iyo Gaarisa kuwa looga hadlo aad iyo aad u jiid jiidaan xarafka u dambeeyo ereyga ku dhamaanaayo. Tusaale ahaan 'maxaa tusin' waxaa loogu dhawaaqaa 'maxaa tusinnnnnn.' Intee aadeysaa 'intee aadiiii.'

nuune   

Showqi;801406 wrote:
Markay igu yidhaahdeen: huuno Kaniifka waa lagu jiraa maaha, naalo ayaan dooni iyo makhadadaa ii dhiib:confused: ayaan Af Reer Jabuuti ku wareeray.

It wasn't Kaniif that they said, but Kalliif, and it was a riwaayad Jabuuti I heard that, kalliifka aaba jikada loogu yeeraa, reer Jabuuti qac iyo nus waaye, waa markey dooro kalliifkeed i nacsiiyeen.

I heard this reer waqooyi guy who took a bus from Muqdisho to Hargeysa, but the driver changed route and decided go through Bakool then ethiopia and all the way to Hargeysa. The reer waqooyi guy was sleep all day on his seat when the bus stopped in Xudur later in that afternoon for a short break. Two young girls selling popcorn and cigarettes jumped on the bus asking people if they wanted to buy (Ariiro sigaara fadaase, daango fadaase), the old reer waqooyi guy suddenly opened his eyes and was shocked with what his ears were receiving, he looked at the guy sitting next to him and said (Chaw, waryee heedhe war basku dheereeyaa, goormaynu Ugandha soo galnay).;)

ugaas1   

Mukulaalow;801454 wrote:
I heard this reer waqooyi guy who took a bus from Muqdisho to Hargeysa, but the driver changed route and decided go through Bakool then ethiopia and all the way to Hargeysa. The reer waqooyi guy was sleep all day on his seat when the bus stopped in Xudur later in that afternoon for a short break. Two young girls selling popcorn and cigarettes jumped on the bus asking people if they wanted to buy (Ariiro sigaara fadaase, daango fadaase), the old reer waqooyi guy suddenly opened his eyes and was shocked with what his ears were receiving, he looked at the guy sitting next to him and said
(Chaw, waryee heedhe war basku dheereeyaa, goormaynu Ugandha soo galnay).
;)

lol I could see this happening

nuune;801441 wrote:
It wasn't Kaniif that they said, but Kalliif, and it was a riwaayad Jabuuti I heard that, kalliifka aaba jikada loogu yeeraa, reer Jabuuti qac iyo nus waaye, waa markey dooro kalliifkeed i nacsiiyeen.

Actually:

Kaniif or baytalme= toilets (arabic bayt al maa)

Madbakh= kitchen (same in arabic)

Makhadad= cushion

Naalo or Bayd= eggs (arabic bayd)

So the Djibouti dialect is actually Northern dialect with maybe more usage of the Arabic words and few French words instead of English/Hindi equivalents (we never had any sense of real dialect change when in hargeysa/borama etc and families spread accross the border anyway).

We are not talking about ciyaal xaafad lingo words that change all the time but adult or regular langage (there is slight variation accross clans though).

Of course, Galbeed Somali is the same as in rural Sland and again families spread accross hawd/hargeysa up to even dhagaxbuur.

Now, Southern dialects tend to be puzzling with quite noticeable differences for all those folks and even in formal langage, though the extent varies...

PS: I understand urban or elite Djiboutians may come as "different", just like sujus, ex ciyaal xamar etc but the vast majority are just regular Somalis exactely as those in Dire-Dawa, Jigjiga or even Dhagaxbuur.