Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

At what age did you get married?

STOIC   

Carafat aka Qasaay.....I was 30 and that was damn too late for average Muslim man (though NOT too late for Qaldans).Advance my brother to the institution of marriage as early as you can and don't fear the thorns in the path....If love is in the air enjoy it my brother......I will leave with the words of Khalil Gibran

"When love beckons to you, follow him,

Though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

And when he speaks to you believe in him,

Though his voice may shatter your dreams

as the north wind lays waste the garden"

Aaliyyah   

Inshallah carafaat ogowna jacayl waa la kasbadaa marka ta ku dhaanta way ka dhaqajin haddad Kusi soctid sidaad shegasid lol..so pretend to be kind and hopefully you will internalize it and see yourself as a changed man..kindness is part of faith. Of course don't stretch it lol yacni nin mayac ha noqon oo sidi la rabo laga yeelo laakin noloshada isku dheelatir.

Carafaat   

STOIC, subxanahalah 30 aah. I have 2 years left, want to get married before. Cause I missed my previous deadline of 24.

Sxb, there aint love in the air only kacsi, some call it love.

STOIC   

Carafaat, deadlines are NOTHING if there is no innocent woman...first find one and then comes the planing and all things Xalaal

wyre   

Carafaat;800399 wrote:

Sxb, there aint love in the air only kacsi, some call it love.

Yaa kuugu sheekeeye waxaas dee :P

Aaliyyah   

There's such thing as love but ofcourse not before marriage. Real love comes after marriage. Quranka ayaaba lugu sheegay we made "mawadawa rahma" between you...jacayl wa jira lakin jacaylka guur ka horeeya maybe ayaa filin hindi ah ;)

Ok guys I'm out I think I contributed enough on this thread lol

Well, relatives and acquaintances usually make suggestions.

If you want a decent one, one should come accross likewise;

there are plenty of brothers from Holland etc that get hitched in Leicester when they start to be regulars at the local mosque (though learning and practising you basics is far more invaluable in itself).

For marriage to work, both should be having the same priorities and plans;

come to think about it, I need to rush myself to Hargeysa before hitting that "deadline"...

STOIC   

Carafat iyo masijid kalaa dheer......he is a sophisticated guy who will find his match in the upper echelon of Somali women

As the late Aaliyah once said in one of her song - "Age ain't nothing but a number".

The sooner you can marry the better, I am not among those people who say there is a "ideal" age for marriage. It is your circumstances that dictate, not your age.

I married in my mid 20's (that was not that long ago btw), but would have done it earlier if I had the means.

A_Khadar   

Aaliyyah;800407 wrote:
There's such thing as love but ofcourse not before marriage. Real love comes after marriage. Quranka ayaaba lugu sheegay we made "mawadawa rahma" between you...jacayl wa jira lakin jacaylka guur ka horeeya maybe ayaa filin hindi ah
;)

Ok guys I'm out I think I contributed enough on this thread lol

Caaliyo quraanka wuxuu sheegay waa xaq..

As Stoic said, Qaldaaminta reer magaalkooda is normal to marry beyond 30s.. I know many of those.. I guess XX is exceptional unless uusan geed ku hoos dhalan oo his age is unknown..lol.

Aaliyyah   

Abu salmaan, don't you think you will have the same plans and priority with a sister in the UK preferably from hargaisa in your case? Instead of going back home? Not that I'm againt ppl getitng married to ppl who live back home? Laakin waxan kaso horjeda this belief that somehow girls back home are better or somewhat hollier than those who live abroad? Calafka qofka ilaahay baa og laakin dadka dhaha back home baan u socda oo meel kale wax kama donanayo waxan u arka inay qalad tahay. Laakin at the end of the day each on his own. Qofkasta meshu rabo wuu is geyn kara

Aaliyyah   

Khalid for a guy to get married in mid 20s is more than ideal. Earlier than that ma wacna baan isidhi.

A khadar wa sidaas walaal