Sign in to follow this  
Eng.Cadde

Post August 2012 Somalia.

What is your views Regarding Post 2012 and the race to form a legitimate all-inclusive Federal republic of Somalia which enjoys local support as well as international support? will it lead to a better future after our bitter experience and divisive policies and who will remembered as a uniter of somalis ? will we agree to share our resources equally among somalis regardless of clan?

will it mean the end of the separatist khat nation? discuss

Somalia   

There will be unity as Somalis and sharing of natural resources. Each clan will build his federal state and meet in Mogadishu to discuss national issues.

The Somalidiid region will be given the choice to secede along its clan lines and if it chooses to do so unity is much more likely.

:cool:

I think once somalia becomes peaceful and starts development,somalia will reclaim its T.integrity with out firing a Shot. Separatism in the north is clan-specific and Sadly that is why it is going to fail.Qabiil Qaran Ma Noqdo.

Federalism has a long way to go there are only two federal states in Somalia now galmudug and Puntland the rest of Somalia is hardly interested in clan federalism.

Somalia;796890 wrote:
There will be unity as Somalis and sharing of natural resources. Each clan will build his federal state and meet in Mogadishu to discuss national issues.

The Somalidiid region will be given the choice to secede along its clan lines and if it chooses to do so unity is much more likely.

:cool:

Eastern sanaag and eastern sool regions are part and parcel of Somaliland

1i0pok.jpg

its indisputable

Xaaji Xunjuf;796899 wrote:
Federalism has a long way to go there are only two federal states in Somalia now galmudug and Puntland the rest of Somalia is hardly interested in clan federalism.

It is the responsibility of the Local clans to come together and make thier maamul while the Gov tries to help them achieve that.

Baashi   

AS and AMISOM duking it out in the middle of urban centers is something that pains me a great deal. When Ethiopia insist on unilateral surrender and does so with the support of the West, that speaks volumes of what the priorities are for the interest groups. From Somalis prespective, AS is them (local boys who think they are fighting in Allh's cause). If there is a way to convince them to lay down their weapons and bring them from the cold Somalis would naturally want to have that option for that's in line with their interests. I hope they ignore Zenawis's dictats and proceed implementing whatever they feel will bring peace and security to their fellow Somalis.

That said what's to come in August is a change worth trying. We'll take anything at this point. Desperation force you to consider other alternatives.

As to if what's transpired means the end of secession drive. No. Unless or until mutual agreement is reached there will be elements within that part of Somalia who will push the secession. Other Somalis have to offer them a reasonable concessions. The time is ripe for dialogue. The wise among them understand that Somaliland itself is divisible. One thing the civil war taught us is no clan can defeat other clan even if armed by neighboring states. The unionists have to change their tone and stay away from namecalling. Calling them secessionists or separtists is a fair game as secession is what they are after.

Eng.Cadde;796901 wrote:
It is the responsibility of the Local clans to come together and make thier maamul while the Gov tries to help them achieve that.

Saaxib federalism was declared in 2003 and almost 10 years later clan federalism is still not implemented the people of Somalia have no interest in clan federalism its destined to fail. For instance you cannot deny one clan state and embrace the other this will only create more conflicts.

Somalia   

Xaaji Xunjuf;796900 wrote:
Eastern sanaag and eastern sool regions are part and parcel of Somaliland

its indisputable

I'm just being realistic as usual my friend :)

Federalism has now been chosen by the TFG and allies, and has the full support of the US and UN unlike any other time in TFG history. I think Xaaji's head has eedo Clinton's voice echoing inside of there.

Some people want to pretend there can be one central government with states made up of multiple clans. :rolleyes:

^^ Somaliana goormey edo clinton yeelatay edo clinton waxad ku tidhahda ninkaga ka ilaasho habar kale timo madow , intanay Somalia isku mashquulin the problem is with Somalia they take the IC and their words as a holy scripture. Suaashu waxa weye federalism Somalia ma u dan ba?

Somalia   

Yes, it is in the interest of the country. To draw up states along clan lines is a much more stable prospect than to do it with multiple clans. See, I see reality for what it is and there's no way after 21 years of civil war that the country will sing Kumbaya together, you know this, and now the world is starting to realise it as well. Let every man build his own region and govern himself.

And that is why eedo said that sanctions will be placed upon people in the TFG who do not allow a transition to happen, meaning the transition into federal government is inevitable.

What is your problem with federalism, the only thing I hear is that you seem to be against it, but why?

Imagine 5 federal states in Somalia Puntland Galmudug jubaland bay and bakool state hiiraan and shabelle state how will this practically work in the country in the long term what if the central government and a particular federal state have a dispute over sharing and distributing the resources of the country or region what if there is an internal dispute in of the federal states a subclan dispute remember the police from each and every federal state all belong to one Qabil.5 federal states will make a small nation like Somalia very weak some states will even withdraw from the federal structure of the state government and be an autonomous state and have one on one relations with Somalia's neighbors kenya and Ethiopia is that what you want for Somalia a weak divided Somalia along clan lines and fictional clan borders.You need to cure Somalia not poison it with more clanish unnecessary division.Somalia u need to look further than today 2012 think about the future think about you're grand children in what for Somalia will they live in, what we decide today is Somalia's future inshallah. Somalidu waxay ku mah mahan talo rag kama dhamaato eeh hala is dabo qabto intay goori goor tahay.

Abdul   

I just would like to remind xx that SSC is not part of sl and will never be.We already shed blood to proof that fact.

Somalia   

If I want to cure it, the next man doesn't meaning we all have to come on the same level, there's deep mistrust in some parts of the country. You make it seem like nothing has happened and I understand why you want federalism to fail as it shows that secession doesn't have to occur.

As for the "how will it work". There will be clear guidelines on distribution of resources in the constitution. No federal state will have a standing army so in the future there can't be any physical threat of "withdrawing" from the union. A state would be cut off financially anyway.

And a country's size does not decide whether or not it will succeed in being a federal country. We are a homogeneous country and the only places that fail with federalism are usually countries that are not, like Yugoslavia while others do succeed.