Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Day After The Conference Before...

Chimera   

I think it was a success, strictly for the fact that none of the politicians-iskusheeg signed off on a temperorary trusteeship, that thought gave me nightmares twice this week. The Istanbul Conference is in June, and this will be the more interesting one from a development & reconstruction point of view.

Carafaat   

Taleexi;794289 wrote:
Clan states are temporary. I want to one Somalia where every individual has a line of communication in the power pipe. No more, no less.

Taleexi, Khaatumo should use it cards strategicly and wise and thing 2 steps ahead and not one step behind for then the cards

Will loose their value.

ElPunto   

Carafaat - It depends on your perspective. Somaliland official policy and many in that entity wish to secede in any way possible without talking to any other Somali entity. That door has been closed. The reality is that many Somalilanders don't see themselves as part of Somalia. They go to pains to disassociate themselves internally and externally. It's not surprising then that a development which attempts to strengthen and reconstitute the rest of Somalia may be seen as negative in the quest for international recognition for Somaliland based on the chaos in the south.

ElPunto   

STOIC;794333 wrote:
You are right no one has monopoly to that heck just visit any SL site today and have a feel for the upsurge of Silanyo euphoria.Wardheer news editorial caught my attention with their bellyached importance on thwarting SL aspirations

That is really taking your eye off the ball. I don't know why the focus should be on Somaliland. Somalis have a disease of looking/busying themselves with others to the detriment of their own business.

Carafaat   

ElPunto;794337 wrote:
Carafaat - It depends on your perspective. Somaliland official policy and many in that entity wish to secede in any way possible without talking to any other Somali entity. That door has been closed. The reality is that many Somalilanders don't see themselves as part of Somalia. They go to pains to disassociate themselves internally and externally. It's not surprising then that a development which attempts to strengthen and reconstitute the rest of Somalia may be seen as negative in the quest for international recognition for Somaliland based on the chaos in the south.

Indeed its a matter of perspective and from where I am sitting, Somalia is resturning and Somaliland is in the centre of the political debate irrelevent of its recongnition, real politics is played and clan politcs is history. Did you hear anyone mentioning clan sates?

STOIC   

Talexii, haa niin yahoow........sortaa like thorny to my taste.I was recently reading an editorial contribution where the writer took a trip to Djibouti.He was showering praises on a dictator.I. Think it is whoever the editorial is sleeping with that matters to them and not journalistic integrity

Carafaat   

ElPunto;794340 wrote:
That is really taking your eye off the ball. I don't know why the focus should be on Somaliland. Somalis have a disease of looking/busying themselves with others to the detriment of their own business.

:D it's their business. Sidee wax leedahay, one country ayaanu nahay.

ElPunto   

^Not to such an extent as to lose focus on your own priorities. That was what I was getting at.

Carafaat;794343 wrote:
Indeed its a matter of perspective and from where I am sitting, Somalia is resturning and Somaliland is in the centre of the political debate irrelevent of its recongnition, real politics is played and clan politcs is history. Did you hear anyone mentioning clan sates?

I'm not sure what all this means. I don't think Somaliland is at the centre of the political debate. Ngonge and others have shown why that is - and I agree with that. I don't know what you mean by clan politics and clan states. Clan politics will never disappear from the Somali scene for generations however it may be glossed over with political parties and the like. As to clan states - it doesn't matter. If a clan has come together - it should seek out others to engage with - to make viable economic regions that would be the base for governance. As long as everyone in that region has equal rights and is dealt with justly - it doesn't matter.

Although SL was mentioned a mere twice during the entire conference, the coverage and debating about on them SOL is nearly 90%, why? I think a great cause of this are the hardcore secessionists but also the unionists that are dragging the issue way out of proportion must know better.

Let's talk and debate the achievement, the way forward for Somalia, analayse the memorandum a bit by bit, the announced committees and management groups, the upcoming Istanbul conference. There's more to talk about than dwell on Siilaanyo.

Mintid Farayar;792157 wrote:
Carafaat,

You're out of touch with the Conference's objectives. The Somalis (all of them) are just window dressing. The Conference is for outside stake-holders to come to a unified plan/compromise on how to deal with the Somali situation (piracy, terrorism, endemic famines, etc.,).

Somalis will be allowed to give 2 to 3 speeches(maybe, if the British are generous) and then handed a pre-agreed resolution to sign or follow.

We'll see how it turns out in a few days...

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/62383-Turning-of-time-the-Somali-version-of-glasnost-and-perestrojka

Was I that far-off in predicting the pre-meditated outcome of this Conference? ;) So many of my fellow nomads think with their emotions and wishes....

Liibaan   

STOIC;793834 wrote:
Che, haha...you are right.Its in our genes..I have visited that site many times during the run-up to SL election they were NOT fair and balanced.I just camp in Hadhwanaagnews nowdays.....

You are fan of Hadhwanaagnews, and you complaining about Wardheernews. Cajiib

nuune;793843 wrote:
Ilaahey ha kuu gargaaro akhii hadaadba camp ka dhigatey Hadhwanaagnews.

N.O.R.F   

xiinfaniin;794255 wrote:
If you believe Somaliland dictated the terms of the conference, carry on guys.

Nothing new came out of the conference. It was all the expected fight piracy, fight AS and dowlad u tali. The exception was how SL used the opportunitty of the world's eyes and ears to put forward it's case. Old boy did well.