Sign in to follow this  
Garnaqsi

Saudi writer may face execution over Prophet Mohammad tweets

Sensei   

faarah22;790624 wrote:
it's ridiculous that this happen in this day and age. laakin madax faaluuqaan did he not know which country he is in. he may lose his head for this foolishness

Lol @ madax faluuq. Dude clearly had lost his mind, head too shall be removed pronto. JK! Listen, let the man repent, and maybe he will live out rest of his days devotedly.

This old man received 12 years prison sentence in Jarmalka because he uttered those words and similar ones:

"Billions of people would be ready to forgive Hitler if only he had committed the murder of the Jews".

How many other people are serving prison sentences in Faransiiska, Austria and other countries in Yurub because they may have said something unpalatable and against the establishment.

faarah22   

so you are justifying the persecution of this guy for innocous comments deemed insulting because germany and france also locked up people. what a strange viewpoint is that !!. two wrongs don't make a right. no should be persecuted for viewing their opionions in this age. saudi arabia is trapped in medieval time age. they should release this poor man and compensate him.

Skeptic   

What people write on social network sites are what they believe in .. The reason why they write them on those sites is because they lack public attention. Had everyone been given the chance to be heard by the whole world, they would say pretty much the same. Its a shame to see what ppl do for attention these days, but when one's desperate attempts for attention places them in trouble, they should face the consequences cuz they placed themselves there ...

As for those sympathizing for ppl like this guy, they are not any better ... In fact, they are more deserving of the punishments cuz they are the cowards that cant stand alone and clap behind every crook ..

Skeptic   

They have laws in germany and france (and maybe some other places that you cant even question the holocaust!) despite *** redicilous that may sound, if u break that law while knowing it, then u should be ready for the aftermath ...

Raamsade   

Garnaqsi,

This is what happens when people adopt, wholesale, medieval thoughts. You got medieval behaviours like this. Or like mobs salivating at he sight of lactating mothers being stoned to death, beheadings of poor souls for "apostasy," amputation of petty suuq thieves and a whole gamut of ridiculous and petty tantrums like banning bras and tampoons, bikinis, books, education (Boko Haram), science, diversity, progress or anything suggesting the world has moved on from the 7th century Najd and Hejaz. Is it any wonder then that the Islamic world is such hotbed for dictators, autocrats, sadistic tortureres like Saddam, and crazed religious leaders?

And what is this nonsense about stupidh Holocaust Denial laws in Europe? Who gives a shid about the West? Sounds like you guys have a serious case of inferiority complex. You can't do a damn thing, even shid, without thinking what the West thinks or does. No one gives a damn about obscure law in some European countries that affects virtually NO ONE save for neo-nazis, rabid anti-semites and their sympathisers. No European loses his fundamental right of Freedom of Speech. To prove my point, the West even allows Al-Qaadica sympathisers to utter bile like how they hate the West, love Osama bin Laden and hope to see the day Islam conquers Europe. Besides, even if the West is wrong in outlawing Holocaust Denial, how does that justify what Saudi Arabia is doing to this writer?

Shame on those of you who sub-contracted your conscience to the lame argument that "if you break the law, you must do the time." It smacks of intellectualy laziness and abdication of independence of thought. What if the law is wrong? What if the law is misinterpreted? What if it is unjust and unfair? Laws are not meant to be followed blindly. You should questions, change, revise, amend laws if their costs outweight their benefits. And the cost of less or no freedom of speech far outweights any potential benefits. If you disagree then please tell us the benefits of blasphemy laws.

Maaddeey   

What is written in the article is not all his inflammatory tweets, though it was deleted some one saved and re-published it in a forum, here's it read it if you understand Arabic:

http://raaaay.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-post_7962.html

PS. His apology is not acceptable as you can see from his last interview just before he was arrested:

Before his arrest, Mr. Kashgari said in an interview with the U.S. news website the Daily Beast he did not think he could ever go home because of the death threats, but was also defiant.

“I view my actions as part of a process toward freedom. I was demanding my right to practise the most basic human rights — freedom of expression and thought – so nothing was done in vain,” he said.

“I believe I’m just a scapegoat for a larger conflict. There are a lot of people like me in Saudi Arabia who are fighting for their rights.”

National Post, with files from Reuters and news services

He may rot in hell.