Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Whats The Puntland Folks Like In Your City?

Dr_Osman   

Topic has been trolled, It went from me posing a question that is constructive, I got early replies that were productive now its just turned destructive. Stop trolling the topic, people just want to type whatever without contributing anything useful

Atirisho   

I live in one of the few states in USA dominated by Somali Bantus. Somalis (non-Bantus) make about 10% of the total Somali population and they are mostly Puntlanders. These Putlander tend to be unionists and I hardly see them speaking about Puntland but once in a while they hold meetings and fundraising for Puntland.

They are business savvy and out of the 8 Somalis owned stores and businesses they own about 6 of them. They also run all the Money transferring business. Two of the three Somali professors at my university are Puntlanders and most of the community leaders happen to be them.

I think there is some truth to what Somalis say about Puntlanders based on what I have observed about them in my community. Their hegemony over other Somalis and their need to always be in power is very disturbing ;) ;) ;)

Atirisho;790647 wrote:
I live in one of the few states in USA dominated by Somali Bantus. Somalis (non-Bantus) make about 10% of the total Somali population and they are mostly Puntlanders. These Putlander tend to be unionists and I hardly see them speaking about Puntland but once in a while they hold meetings and fundraising for Puntland.

They are business savvy and out of the 8 Somalis owned stores and businesses they own about 6 of them. They also run all the Money transferring business. Two of the three Somali professors at my university are Puntlanders and most of the community leaders happen to be them.

I think there is some truth to what Somalis say about Puntlanders based on what I have observed about them in my community. Their hegemony over other Somalis and their need to always be in power is very disturbing
;)
;)
;)

there's nothing wrong with wanting to contribute to one's community. If giving back to your community is wrong, then i don't want to be right. :D

ElPunto   

Seriously! Soliciting and offering generalizations about groups of ppl based on the few you have seenin your city? Dee naga daya dee as Ngonge would say.

Atirisho   

kingofkings;790653 wrote:
there's nothing wrong with wanting to contribute to one's community. If giving back to your community is wrong, then i don't want to be right.
:D

;) ;)

I never said it was wrong. I was just trying to point out their dominance over other Somalis although they only make small percentage of the total Somali population.

Elpunto: I was just talking about the Puntlanders in my community and I wasn't generalizing all of them.

Gheelle.T;790681 wrote:
How would one know who's who in their community? Say you live in city with a large Somali community.

do you really have to ask? wherever somalis are, they tend to sort themselves into sub-community based on clan structure.

Someone asked how would one will know who is who in a community? are we acting blind nowdays, before you open your mouth i can tell exactly where you are coming from. Bal meesha ka yaaca . Qardho baan u hiilayay mar walba hana ka xumaan, waa meel alla u duceeyey oo dad nasab ahi eey kuwada noolyihim. Salaam barayahan waan ka seexday meesha.

Gheelle.T;790691 wrote:
You are just throwing assumption there, but let's just go by what you say there. How would you know their number, what they do,and etc..?

it's not assumption, rather a fact. What's with innocent act:confused: on your second question, the answer is well, easy. fund raising is done strictly along clan and even sub-clan lines for schools, hospital, clan driven political conference or euphemistically shir beleed.

Abdul   

Atirisho;790673 wrote:
;)
;)

I never said it was wrong. I was just trying to point out their dominance over other Somalis although they only make small percentage of the total Somali population.

Elpunto: I was just talking about the Puntlanders in my community and I wasn't generalizing all of them.

You mean their dominance over somali bantu in your area,right??

Somalia   

Xaaji Xunjuf;790488 wrote:
I know this guy from my area he is mental how ever he belongs to the kings lineage we hang out sometimes he said that the largest city of puntland belongs to his subclan and how they fought oman in the 19 century. Also he told me that faroole is walking in the footsteps of general cade muse and with out the kings influence his leadership in garowe would have been long undermined by the crazy folks from north mudug. I drove his car once because mine was at the garage I wanted to play the radio waxaba iga so booday ku dayo pudhlayn ku dayo pudhlayn.

People from North Mudug are the ones that keep guys like you in check, you feel me homie :cool:

NASSIR   

Atariisho, No doubt Puntlanders are business savvy everywhere. With the exception of reer Mudug and Karkaar folks who put themselves in the role of self-fulfilling prophesy on the politics of Somalia, majority focus on their own family affairs & businesses and careers.

NASSIR;790779 wrote:
Atariisho, No doubt Puntlanders are business savvy everywhere. With the exception of reer Mudug and Karkaar folks who put themselves in the role of self-fulfilling prophesy on the politics of Somalia, majority focus on their own family affairs & businesses and careers.

what's wrong with reer mudug and karkar? these two community's political activism is what lead to modern day Puntland. We the Puntland community are not complaining, so,why are you sxb?