Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somalia: Somali PM wants ‘Marshall Plan’ at London meet

^well you thought wrong - :D

re radicalised diaspora - I thought your guru would have us believe that this actually would be beneficial for your lot of the Somali constituents.

NGONGE;789029 wrote:
Just found out that the entire conference lasts for just one day! AMAZING!

One day....try 5 hours...the entire conference lasts for 5 hours. Shows u what i said...The world dont give to sh***ts.

Carafaat   

COnferences with heads of state's hardly last longer. most negoitiation is done beforehand by civil servants and Ministers, only the discussion points remaining are discussed by agenda and things they agre upon are not discussed

Baashi   

I will give Ina Cumar Ali Gas the benefit of doubt for he is privy to inside info. There will be funds allocated for Somalia’s reconstruction for sure but London is not the venue for setting up a Trust Fund of the scale the PM is dreaming of. I gotta give to him though for one makes ones needs known to all and see what it is offered. After all, this is a handout and not an obligation the Contact Group had to meet.

This gathering is primarily a security conference. Obviously one cannot attain a secure and peaceful Somalia without addressing the underlying causes of the civil strife that engulfed the country.

To put his ducks in a row, David understandably swallowed Djibouti Process (slightly modified by Garowe Principles) as a whole. Rumors abound that powers that be want to adopt “attack, clear, and hold” military strategy against AS. First advanced and later implemented in Iraq and Afghanistan by General David Petraeus.

West is not putting its young men in harms way, IGAD is. IGAD modeled after South African Development Community (SADC) and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) wants to extend its profile and solidify its position as a full-fledged regional political, economic, development, trade and security cooperation.

The current roadmap envisioned in Djibouti “compromise and backed by Kampala Accord is expected to clear the way for sustainable post-conflict political solution for Somalia.

UK in consultation with Contact Group will present a precooked plan in the presence of all segment of Somalis minus AS, Contact Group will pledge money for the Trust Fund Turkey is said to be setting up, and AMISOM will pick up the security mantle spearheading Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) process. Not that different from ECOMOG in Sierra Leone conflict.

Only Allah can help Somalia. Listening to my fellow nomads, I sometimes throw up both my hands up in the air and curse them. Somalis I knew had pride and dignity streak in them. Clan is important I get it but what about your sovereignty as a nation. Don't you have any sense of love of country?

This meeting in London will be very interesting. There is change in the air.One hopes it is positive insha Allah. As for the PM, he has outlined what the nation needs and his own view point, Its clear, concise and so far the only valid view point from the Somali's.

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;789071 wrote:
^^
Carafaat

The Brits have already crossed the tee and dotted the eye in so far as their plan is concern. And, therefore, all they are waiting to do is for the conference to start, so that they will presented it as a fait-accompli to all. And, therefore, the upshot of what is expected others to do, is to then proceed to haggle in the margin of the plan itself, (particularly those who are expected to contribute financially).

And, consequently, once that is done, then, a communique or memorandum of understanding (
MOU
) will be released to the baying press and to the rest of the waiting crowd, alike. So, that, everything, could be fit in in
5 hours
talk, even if you have allow few minutes for speechifying for some of the delegates, indeed.

All in all. it's glorified PR exercise, that has certain strings of carrots for some, as well as one or two of lashing sticks, for those who refused to get with the program of the day, indeed..
:D

Indeed, Brits are the masters of this game called diplomacy. But I for one support this Conference, because the in

ternational community must act in a certain way with Somali's and the Brits understand that more then anyone else.

Baashi, Somalia souvereignity has been violated the moment we engaged in the Cold War of the west, and aloud our land to be used as a military base for foreigners back in the '70's, we chased our people to foreign lands 80's, we couldn't solve our own issue's and needed others to intervene 90's, we let others construct our goverment TNG/TfG post 2000, we brought foreign soldiers to fight our battles (Ethiopians, Al Shabaab) and we asked others to guard and free our land AMISOM, we engaged in criminal activities and thus inviting dozens of foreign marine vessels in our waters. Markaa maxaa cusub oo isbedelay?

I have mixed feelings about the outcome of this conference. Whatever is cooking for the blindfolded TFG fats, for sure they will be served something special and it is surprise! Not surprise for the participating head of states though they already know and been consulted with.