Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

50 cent Visits Doolow. Gedo

Dr_Osman   

image.jpg

image.jpg

Somalia: Rapper 50 cent visits Somalia

9 Feb 9, 2012 - 6:57:17 AM

MOGADISHU, Somalia Feb 9 2012 (Garowe Online) - Rapper and actor 50 cent traveling with officials from WFP visited the district of Doolow in the region of Gedo, Radio Garowe reports.

The delegation 50 cent was traveling with visited camps holding internally displaced people (IDPs) who escaped clashes and droughts in their region.

The rapper sat and chatted with children, youth, men and women living in the camps and posed for some pictures.

The rapper joined the drought relief efforts in East Africa using the social networking web giant Twitter, tweeting " I'm gonna feed a billion people in africa over the next 5 yrs," adding, "Its a big difference between being hungry and starvation I didn't understand at first either you will catch on read about what's going on.

The campaign that many US stars including Jay Z and the Rolling Stones are showing their support to is called I'm Gonna Be Your Friend, a campaign being implemented by Save the Children to help drought victims in east Africa.

Britain's International Development Minister Andrew Mitchell also visited the town of Dolow, although coalition forces have not yet captured the whole region of Gedo.

GAROWE ONLINE

Can u imagine...pple ba amaana 50C!! Just shows what happened to somali standards!! Lord have mercy

Days where when top world academia & leaders used to visit somalia.