Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Congratulations, You Won

Samafal   

Waxaan ka helay sida fudud oo gabadhu sida batrool loo baaro u taqaan, maxay batrool qoday!. Waxaa maqli jiray hadii aad been sheegayso been run u eg sheeg.

Samafal;784517 wrote:
Waxaan ka helay sida fudud oo gabadhu sida batrool loo baaro u taqaan, maxay batrool qoday!. Waxaa maqli jiray hadii aad been sheegayso been run u eg sheeg.

Well, what do you expect from these people? They feel that their useless opinion is some how going to hold back people who want to have everything that other societies take granted for like being able to live a normal life. Anyway, for what it's worth, they can write, protest, or sing, the reality on the ground is that Puntland will focus on its future and its political and economic interest; regarless of who agrees or disagree.

Carafaat;784495 wrote:
Burn Notice, tell us how much you earned so far on your big ponzi scheme here.

Keep hating dude..let the envy consume you

What have YOU done to help your people back home? Rhetorical question so don't bother answering as I doubt very much apart from being a cyber hero on these sites

uchi   

Carafaat;783977 wrote:
Brother Chimera is one the most constructive and enlightened folks around here. Have enjoyed every single of his threads here. Therefor an apology would be suitable in this case then. Unless you want the 9******* star Nomad opposing you for real.
:D

Come again?

Waa markee ciyaalka isku camiri jireen with their petulant melodrama-like playground behaviours. Daa'uud, ha isku daalin dadkaan, the neo-qabyaaladists. No wonder kuwa goosashadoonka wants nothing to do with certain folks. I can understand now. Iyagaa ka daran separatists.

As though dadka inay ka xigaan camal dhulkaas iskugu camiraayo. We will always question what is not good for Soomaaliya, regardless the expected knee-jerk, pettish reactions or not.

Carafaat   

Burn Notice;784738 wrote:
Keep hating dude..let the envy consume you

What have YOU done to help your people back home? Rhetorical question so don't bother answering as I doubt very much apart from being a cyber hero on these sites

Burnt Notice, brother I am not hating. I have strong doubts on the "business case" of this project and who will eventually profit and who will loose.

That there is oil is not in question. That Range Resources has an exploration contract with Puntland is neither my biggest concern. That there will be a big oil company that will produce eventually oil is neither my concern or that it will buy-out Range Resources contract.

But my concern has to with the way Range Resouces has been propagating this project(actually only a exploration conctract) and creating a bubble in order to keep raising funds on the market through its listed stocks. Shares that were intially worthless(or had little value) have been pumped up with a lot of PR, making sure many Somali's bought these shares creating a stock market bubble, so few individuals from Range can sell their wortless shares during the piek. After earning millions eventually the share price will again restore close to its initial real value and many folks who bought these shares during the piek, will loose.

Timur   

kingofkings;784523 wrote:
Well, what do you expect from these people? They feel that their useless opinion is some how going to hold back people who want to have everything that other societies take granted for like being able to live a normal life. Anyway, for what it's worth, they can write, protest, or sing, the reality on the ground is that Puntland will focus on its future and its political and economic interest; regarless of who agrees or disagree.

Yet another beautiful post, especially the second sentence.

These people who eat 7 meals a day are trying to set the conditions for which our destitute people in Somalia can eat. Absolutely disgusting to say the least.

I always heard the saying, never shop for groceries on a full stomach. And it applies here; don't ever speak for the poor if you can't adjust your mentality to their situation. These people are trying to apply their privileged White urban liberal logic to a situation concerning very desperate people who need their stomachs filled today not tomorrow.

Again, I'm appalled and sickened by the extreme ignorance and selfishness these fake-intellectual thugs are spewing.

Carafaat;784787 wrote:
But my concern has to with the way Range Resouces has been propagating this project(actually only a exploration conctract) and creating a bubble in order to keep raising funds on the market through its listed stocks. Shares that were intially worthless(or had little value) have been pumped up with a lot of PR, making sure many Somali's bought these shares creating a stock market bubble, so few individuals from Range can sell their wortless shares during the piek. After earning millions eventually the share price will again restore close to its initial real value and many folks who bought these shares during the piek, will loose.

Again, these peoples' attempts at slowing down progress on this issue is so blind that they make silly errors along the way. Range Resources does not even target Somali investors in the least bit, nor has it ever advertised on a Somali media site. And why does Range's business conduct concern you in an area where it does not even concern Somalia (their stock portfolio)?

Everyone knows that Range is not here for the long run, they want to generate attention - attention for Somalia's resources, and sell out to a bigger corporation. That's how exploration has been carried out the last 20 years, especially in lesser-known African hotspots. The more Range advertises Puntland (and its none of our business why they do that) the better it is for Puntland's quest to explore its resources. This coverage is great, and both sides win.

This is not charity, do not make it sound that way. Both sides have something to gain. The small Western firms increase their stock portfolio and their chances of selling their lucrative Puntland holdings, while Puntland generates interest and traction (does Al-Jazeera's recent special report ring a bell?) about its resources, which greatly increase its chances of being explored by others.

This is business. This is victory all around. And Range deserves a paycheck as much as anyone else, they risked their entire careers for this, and its insulting for anyone to say that they are bad for any of their involvement. They have been brave and commendable in their efforts to bring attention to Somalia's resource potential, and for permanently placing Puntland as a place to be watched in the near future.

Somalis are so enslaved by handouts that they cannot respect business anymore.

Carafaat

Don't concern yourself with Range, they will be fine with or without Puntland but like Timur said they do deserve some credit for persevering with this project

Yes some high profile somali's have a financial interest in range and will make a small fortune when they strike oil but with good governance the whole of puntland and the greater Somalia can prosper..especially those most in need

The worlds attention is now on Somalia ..the US and UK are showing a lot of interest and I can tell you its alll because of the oil

Samafal   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;784776 wrote:
Waa markee ciyaalka isku camiri jireen with their petulant melodrama-like playground behaviours. Daa'uud, ha isku daalin dadkaan, the neo-qabyaaladists. No wonder kuwa goosashadoonka wants nothing to do with certain folks. I can understand now. Iyagaa ka daran separatists.

As though dadka inay ka xigaan camal dhulkaas iskugu camiraayo. We will always question what is
not
good for Soomaaliya, regardless the expected knee-jerk, pettish reactions or not.

Boowe, adigu qabyaalad ma ka maran tahay inta aan dad kale la gaarin. I have been seeing you in this forums in the last 10 years and my impression about you tell me otherwise?

NASSIR;784894 wrote:
BurnNotice, Definitely if oil is found, it would mark the end of history for Somalia.

Relax Nassir...don't be such a drama queen

Have a little faith ;)