Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Puntland should reinstate Osmania alphabet

Taleexi   

I can read and write Osmania. It has some strengths compared to Somali. For instance, inan(Boy) and inan(girl) are totally written distinct ways!

Taleexi;782027 wrote:
I can read and write Osmania. It has some strengths compared to Somali. For instance, inan(Boy) and inan(girl) are totally written distinct ways!

My point exactly. Reading and Writing Osmanina is completely easy to do without confusing which roman letter means this or that. Reading somali as of now comes with keeping two language in one's head; somali and arabic sound plus roman letters.

Dervish;782036 wrote:
The irony is these landers write in Somali the late Siad barres regime created loool

wallahi i was about to mention, but great minds think alike, so you said it for both of us. nevertheless, god bless the great state of khaatumo.

Dervish   

kingofkings;782037 wrote:
wallahi i was about to mention, but great minds think alike, so you said it for both of us. nevertheless, god bless the great state of khaatumo.

And god bless out brothers in puntland that have always supported us regardless of politics. Inshallah puntland and khaatumo states will develope their infrastructure and resources side by side.

I want to learn it insha Allah. It should also be taught , it's a pride point in our heritage. Though the Latin script is more practical the Osmaniya is wonderful.

General Duke;782059 wrote:
I want to learn it insha Allah. It should also be taught , it's a pride point in our heritage. Though the Latin script is more practical the Osmaniya is wonderful.

we can have it both. we'll use osmania as a native alphabet and the roman alphabet those who cannot read it.