Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Why I am not married?

Taleexi   

Anigu bini'aadanimada tixgeli baan is lahaa haddiise wanaagaygii xumaan loo fasirtay waa Aaliyyah iyo mukurkeedii baan u qaadanayaa.

Coofle   

it is the little imperfections that makes everyone unique.....The special person concept is not valid Neither is the 10 year Haasaawe.

Lately I see Arranged marriage could be the answer ,,as they say "Marriage after dating is a hot soup that gets cold with time while arranged marriage is a cold soup that gets hot and hot with time"

Aaliyyah   

lol wanagaaga gorman xumaan u badalay..sualal uun aheed.

Coofle, althou i dnt like parentts to intervene with their kids' lives..if they do know someone and they suggest to the girl or the guy at the end of the day the children have the choice to accept or to refuse so its not even arranged marriage..you still have the same say as if friends suggested right..? but at least u would think ur friends know the person a bit more than say your parents..a parent usually respects the guy's family and make their judgement based on who his dad or mom is..reer wacan uu ka dhashay ull always hear..and the mahmaah comes to mind dameer baan leeyahay ba ka fiican aabe aya geel leh.

salaam

Coofle   

Personally I perceive "Arranged Marriage" in variety of forms, it has been around since the beginning of time and it worked, Right now it is not healthy to blindly enter the Lions den, a little haasaawe is always required, But in marka hore lagu tilmaamo either by family member or a friend ayaa wanaagsan ..... Yacni ha lagu jiheeyo....Plus if it doesn't work out you will have someone to blame besides yourself .loolz

looooool@Blessed....I think society screws with girls and young women filling with this idea 'special' one, an idea that's unattainable and the idea that marriage is 'be all and end all' is not helpful.

If I advise to Samjamaa, just take easy and don't let others push around and no contrary to what Miriam, don't be fixture at your local mosque for the sole purpose of finding mate.

Aaliyyah   

cofle, that is so true lol u get to blame someone beside yourself..laakin guur haduu ka halaawo maxay tari cidaad blame gareesid. hoyaday waxay dhahada guur wa guurka kowaad and she was blessed to be married to my dad for 29 years...halaga fiirsado marka kowaad waxba hala isku haleen in cid la blame gareeyo..waqti kalena waan ku noolnahay oo ka duwan waqtigi abayaasheedn.bariga waxa jiray dad wacan oo is ihtiraama oo walidka iyo ehelka kugu ihtiraama oo niman masuuliyada reerka qaada oo ragii layaaqnay ah lol....hada waxa so baxay waxkale lol...no guy will respect u for your parents wax masuuliyad si wacan u qadayna wa yaryihiin and im not hating on somali guys nop just sharing facts....waxkale bay dadki so baxeen including the girls i wont take the blame from them either..laakin ninku masuliyad wacan qaado oo masuul yahay waxa dhici karta xaskisa in uu happy ka dhigo..its like his responsibility to make things work out miyayana aheen? xita diniyan'?.....n so dont accept arrange marriage off the bat. things are different now..

salaam

Miriam1   

lol Che - being a fixture at your mainly somali masjids is a win win solution! You are closer to our faith and deepen your eman and inshallah you will find the right person there.

Ps. as a man you cannot begin to sympathize with Sam's plight. All you have to do is chill/relax at home while your hoyo, random habryars and edos throw different girls at you - and not until you hit the age of 40 are you even considered SLIGHTLY odd for not being married. At that point a quick trip to Somali/Kenya/Norway/UAE and you are immediately married.

Thanks Aaliyah.

I would like to add a last suggestion Sam, consider importing a husband from East Africa or the Middle East. At this age, your passport is an asset to be exploited. Choose wisely and you will get a partner that is indebted to you for life!

Coofle   

Interesting, One very flawed definition always comes to my mind "Somali men" it is always used with out setting bounderies. Those who grew up or reached puberty or ku indho furtay in the diaspora (West or East) cannot represent Somali men, Even Those who came from Villages to Cities and Towns "Xariif tuulo" are not "Somali men" because they have diluted identities and trying to fit in a vacuum with the wrong texture.

Somali women also should lower their standards...

Miriam....Our local mosque has been turned into hookup place. You don't know where learning the faith begins and finding mate ends.

Maybe Somalis should have mixers.

Coofle   

Miriam1;781821 wrote:

I would like to add a last suggestion Sam, consider importing a husband from East Africa or the Middle East. At this age, your passport is an asset to be exploited. Choose wisely and you will get a partner that is indebted to you for life!

Loolz (^_^)

Miriam1   

Walahi ya Che I think the two can take place simultaneously in a halal environment.

On the idea of mixers - would that really work for Somalis? - you would know everyone in the room already lol and if you didn't' know them immediately - within two or three questions you would know 10 people in common.

Aaliyyah   

I think its fine to marry someone from back home oo wax lama dheero waa qof insaana oo ilaahay abuuray. I personally know a girl who went back home and married and has two kids and is happy..laakin thats an exception not the rule. and doing that comes with risks.. dadka somaliya joga kuligood dabad ayeey rabaan so a guy will pretend he likes u just for the sake of the damn passport so u will forever keep asking urself does he truly sincerely want me? or does he want the passport? i know a guy gabadh sponsaray ka bacdina sadex cisho markay magaladu jogay joogtay ku tidhi walaal inkala wad kuma socone lol..heartbreaking somaha?..haduu dalku nabad ahaan laha oo wacnaan laha i wouldnt mind..laakin hada oo aan ogahay dabada sida lo jecelyahay way adkaanasa saan u aminayo qof dhulki hooyo jooga. waxan odhan laha ku ekaada cidi isku magaalo iyo dal joogtaan taas ayaa wacan. saas bay ila tahay

salaam