Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Instigating another Somali civil war

Che,

Some will die defending a delusion. But by and large, this Buuhoodle skirmishes is a sign of dying era. Khatumo is for SSC community and a little armed clannish militia have no capacity to stop it.

^^The justification, as NGONGE would say, is to let the Ciidank Qaranka do their thing :D

Seriously, this is the manifestation of a twenty years of delusion and deception of the Hargeysa, Burco, and Berbera folks. They were told they are state. Now some of the communities of the very phantom state that's supposed to be uniform and united are erecting their own administration. Can't allow that per separatist logic.

This war has been going on for few weeks now. God forbid but if it continues in this manner in which SL attacks SSC cities and villages and casualty rate sustained by the SSC community for few more weeks then it will break to a full blown civil war in North Somalia, that which will see other clans and sub clans to join. The signs don't look good but the ball on Siilaanyo's corner, my advice to him is stop attacking, nabad baa caana lagu cabaa.

Xiin...The promise of better future is a just promise till something is realized. Without economic development and lack of international recognition, creating an enemy might be the last option left. The longer this continues the more tribal becomes.

Che, it is already tribal. If I know a thing or two of the tradition in the North, this is not going turn into a full blown civil war. Folks that matter in that neighborhood are not in the mood for a large, meaningless war in which the sole goal is humiliate entire communities or as Redsea suggests replace them from their cities or land. Some separatist politicians and groups are heavily breathing on Siilanyo's neck, these skirmishes are therefore his way of saying 'hey I am doing something about Khatumo, so give me your support and lets show a unified front with respect to this issue'. But a unified front is no wise possible for there is no rational justification for this war from Hargysa.

Just like Kalshaale, this thing will die down. I will go on a limp and wager that even Lascanod will come back peacefully once the pressure gets to a point where logistics and normal movements are impacted.

Sensei   

The justification : By waging war SL seeks credibility. It is to be seen as sovereign state that is serious in protecting its so-called colonial borders. This has not worked for Siilanyo & cohorts; if anything it may backfire to their disadvantage, and set off series of incidents that wil eventually implode on their faces.

Xiin....Knowing Somalis, I am not as hopeful and pushing people against the wall while humiliating in their own towns might just tilt things. Regardless of the tradition and calmer heads in the region, no one expects things to get worse until they actually get worse and get out of hand-after all who thought Somalia will experience decades of war.

Sensei...if that's their idea of seeking credibility, God bless them.

^^I share your sentiment, but unlike South Somalia, these are nomadic postures, with no significant interest from anyone to pour fuel onto the fire so the damage will be limited insha Allah :D

You know, I just realized and perhaps I was giving the benefit of the doubt in the past, for all his talk of epic wars in the past and his ululation of the Buhooldle assault is for him an opportunity to finish something he feels wasn't completely done except the enemies he wants to fight are not there anymore.

Oodweyne;780406 wrote:
I really doubted that any of you know the real folks of this territories, the way we in Somaliland know them, even if some you are from this area in clannish wise. For, the diaspora and their endless wailing or lamentation is really not that important to us.

Hence, it will not be what you imagined it to be, such as full-civil war. For, one think, the division of this community is so large; whereby, no amount of talk about Khaatumo or no khaatumo could paper it over.

And, secondly, if we consider that civil-war was ever likely to be on the card, then, we would have seen to it to stop it long time ago. Hence, ours is
“analogous”
to that sense of
“boiling the frog”
gradually.

Also, in no time, will matters get out of hand; for we control the temperature of the cooker. And, therefore, we are in a position to determine how long of the incursion each thrust must be, in-order to confirm our strategy. And, that strategy is:
“encircle, suffocate, insertion, capture, built, normalised”

Which means, first
"encircle"
the city or the disputed area, then,
“suffocate”
, militarily, so that, you can control what goes in and goes out. And then, you
“enter”
(i.e.,
insertion
); and then, you
“capture”
, with hopefully little casualty. After that you then
“built”
, the apparatus of your state, such law and order and public offices, such as schools, and hospitals.

And, then and only then, you
“normalised”
the situation by allowing the rest of the country to freely come and go as they wishes; as well as handing over the running of the city to new breed of officials from the town itself in every six months or so. Hence, this plan altogether will take six months to a year. This means, we are early stages of
“encirclement”
, where Buuhoodle is concern, indeed..
:D

Quite the screenplay you have written here. The highest ranking Navy SEALS could not pull off an operation of this magnitude.