Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Oil exploration in Puntland, Somalia

Burn Notice;775771 wrote:
Post of the day GD

this is not only HUGE for oil exploration but will show the world that puntland and somalia is open for busienss....Gold, iron ore and uranium companies will now see opportunites to invest in Somalia's vast natural resources

Burn Notice, long time my friend. I am glad that you are here, you were one of those early supporters of the project. I am happy that this event has taken place. The paradigm shift moment in modern Somali history.

Today we have something that the world craves. Now lets get that black stuff out!

General Duke;775810 wrote:
Burn Notice, long time my friend. I am glad that you are here, you were one of those early supporters of the project. I am happy that this event has taken place. The paradigm shift moment in modern Somali history.

Today we have something that the world craves. Now lets get that black stuff out!

Hi Duke, yes it has been a long time coming mate... like you, I could see the benefits this exploration would bring. This is not merely an investment for me. Like you, I feel very proud today for what has been achieved by the company but more so by the puntlanders and excited about what the future brings.

you have a way with words ;)...this will indeed be a paradigm shift....

Dubai mark II

Burn Notice;775816 wrote:
Hi Duke, yes it has been a long time coming mate... like you, I could see the benefits this exploration would bring. This is not merely an investment for me. Like you, I feel very proud today for what has been achieved by the company but more so by the puntlanders and excited about what the future brings.

you have a way with words
;)
...this will indeed be a paradigm shift....

Dubai mark II

The company deserves a great deal of praise, they stuck to it and did not flinch. They shall be rewarded in due time.

As we say insha Allah khair, things are looking up for the Somali's and Puntland is leading the way..

Horn spuds Puntland well

Canadian player Horn Petroleum has spudded the Shabeel-1 well on the Dharoor Block in Puntland, Somalia.

Josh Lewis 17 January 2012 02:31 GMT

Horn added it had also started drilling operations on the Shabeel North-1 well which will be spudded after the completion of Shabeel-1.

Both Shabeel-1 and Shabeel North-1 are large fault block prospects which lie on a Jurassic aged rift system that Horn said was part of the same system in the highly productive Masila and Shabwa basins in Yemen.

The company expects source rocks to be Jurassic Kimmeridgian shales in the deep portion of the rift immediately down dip from the Shabeel prospects and reservoirs are expected to be sandstones and carbonates of the Lower Cretaceous and Jurassic systems.

Horn estimated both prospects to hold combined potential oil volumes of over 300 million barrels of recoverable oil and claimed they would be the first oil exploration wells to be drilled in the country in over 20 years.

Both wells are being drilled using the drilling rig Sakson-50 and are expected to each take 90 days to complete and will satisfy the first exploration period minimum work obligations of the production sharing contracts for both the Dharoor and Nugaal Blocks.

Horn is operator and holds a 60% interest in both blocks with Australian companies Range Resources and Red Emperor also each holding a 20% interest in the blocks.

Dr_Osman   

Time-line of the oil game in Puntland

This Man Had A Vision

31101.jpg

Some People laughed and said agriculture is the best thing in Somalia

Cali%20Geedi.jpg

Today That Vision has become a reality

oilsite.jpg

Those same ppl who mocked are now devastated

pm-geedi0806.jpg

The Next Goal is laying down the pipe-line

61342-004-2DCB2B6D.jpg

Refinery Plants in at Mudug-Bari-Nugaal with their own respective ports for export

11330548_Wast_Oil_Refinery.jpg